Bush Greats

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Ohhh I like this thread. Not going to lie, this has been sitting in my journal since round started. Been so hard, spent ages looking over past rankings!

This alliance is taking into account timezones and friends. Would have been an amazing alliance had we all played together ever. Enjoyed playing with all these people at some point.

Ok my dream alliance would be:

Me

Ahead - One of the most underated players ever, gone on to be a child genius somewhere!

Signer - Always my co-leader and was always there. Like me has gone into teacher, he was just a top bloke.

Silence - Best attack coordinator i've played with and just dam right pain to have as an enemy. Really good bloke.

Yochoko - Crazy activity and just lovely. Weird Manicorn fetish but i can see past that ;)

Nitrous - When wants to play, is amazing. Can be lazy but needs a good kick and he is fine after!

Darksider - Best player i've ever played with, made round 25 against Twigs easily the best round ive been involved with since i started in round 4. Just incredible. So many times i went AFK and was about to die, he would ring me to let me know. Just a nice person all round.

Twigley - Best enemy and ally, good fun battling with and against him through the rounds. When sets his mind to bush is great.

Cheese - All round arse as an enemy, would just rather him on my side ;)

Cityguy - MIA - Went missing some rounds back...Had him in 1 or 2 of my alliances, was just incredible to say the least.

Kuda - Top player

Stass - Enigma's wife if i remember rightly? (Need Signer to tell me, he usually sorted me out).

Enigma - Husband of Stass, together they were unreal! So active and hard working. Happily slept with these two covering the nightshift.

CK - One of my oldest and longest friends on here. Great player, likes to cause trouble, again would always prefer him in my alliance than against. Great at organising defence.

Daniel_nz - Active and hard working member of this alliance.

Quicksilver - Got to be one of the most consistent top 10 players throughout the years (talking about when it was actually a hard thing to do). Granted he would be likely to stab you in the back but just made the rounds fun!

Bluehen - Great player, very active!

FeR - Mental!! Always one of the first names on the team sheet. Usually just for the laughs!

Podunk - Crazily active when he wanted, good leader too.

Hero - Again another good leader, good organiser.

Bobbin

Head Gardener
Bush greats you say?

In no particular order. Except alphabetical because it's nicer that way. And not based on any kind of skill at the game, just those who I have fond memories of.

Alcibiades, Angela, Asmodeous, Athena, Azzer(Obviously), Blackwolf, Charlie_B, Cheese, Hannah, Hewo, Kuda, LongRange, Markb, Martin, Somebody(Claire), Sordes, Steve_God, Tim, Treedude, Twigley, Weeble, Welshie.

And everyone else I ever played with, argued with, got drunk with, and died to. Who after over a decade their names are lost to me.

Souls

Official Helper
If the alcohol and smokes haven't done that to him yet already ;)

TaO

Tree Surgeon
ChrisO: Best Pnap I'll ever have to luxury of having.

Otherwise (in no particular order): No-Dachi, Silence, DS (obv), Edd, BigBoss/Yuri (for his patience with me as a starter), Wouter, CFalcon (most knowledgeable person about this game outside of Azzer himself) & Yochoko.

So many people ignore my kindness and legendness :( just 1 time my name is mentioned!
DaX legend!

quick list.
Polo - Beast
Twigley - Idiot, but a legend its true
Dimitar - Fun guy
Ogluk - Best leader ever
DaX - It took some time, but you got to know the game well.. sorry for making you an addict
Elderveld - most useless pnap as bunker
CK, Kuda, Deloitte, Bubbles, Cyrus, Antisback, Chingaste, Smartypants, Asmo, Angela, FFX,

and the list can go on and on.. so just a little sum of people

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Bush greats you say?

In no particular order. Except alphabetical because it's nicer that way. And not based on any kind of skill at the game, just those who I have fond memories of.

Alcibiades, Angela, Asmodeous, Athena, Azzer(Obviously), Blackwolf, Charlie_B, Cheese, Hannah, Hewo, Kuda, LongRange, Markb, Martin, Somebody(Claire), Sordes, Steve_God, Tim, Treedude, Twigley, Weeble, Welshie.

And everyone else I ever played with, argued with, got drunk with, and died to. Who after over a decade their names are lost to me.

I have no business whatsoever being mentioned in this thread except as a colossal **** up, which I'm pretty sure is not what this thread is about.

I might be a legend for all the wrong reasons but I am and have always been a lousy Bush player.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I think the definition of legend has been quite stretched in this thread. The only proper legends I can think of are DS, Martin, Polo and, as much as it pains me to admit it, Twigley.

I've played with lots of great players, but no one has done it as well and as consistently as the aforementioned. I wasn't around for the glory days of old, so excuse my exclusion of anyone worth mentioning.

Charlie_B

Harvester
Great thread JJB, although I'm not going to add much to it!

In terms of the most skilled bush players, I think everyone who comes to mind has already been mentioned. Of course, I can think of quite a few players not yet named who were great fun to be in an alliance with - but that's not quite the same thing.

As for being mentioned in a couple of people's threads - well thanks guys. I'm more of a cheerleader than a pro, but that's good enough for me!

bluehen55

Harvester
Ohhh I like this thread. Not going to lie, this has been sitting in my journal since round started. Been so hard, spent ages looking over past rankings!

This alliance is taking into account timezones and friends. Would have been an amazing alliance had we all played together ever. Enjoyed playing with all these people at some point.

Ok my dream alliance would be:.

Bluehen - Great player, very active!

Well I'm officially glad I wasted some time going through this thread if just to be mentioned by one bush legend! I'm sorry I just barely missed much of the hayday of bush, but there are still four names I want to mention.

Twigley I know has been mentioned a lot, and always with mixed reviews, but is hands down the best leader I played under. I know I missed some greats, but I never saw a better mix of strategy, delegation when appropriate, and motivation in a leader.

Polo and IamSmart were both stellar starters, an invaluable skill, but if not the most risky, still some of the most persistent and informed players to play alongside me personally. Polo pushed me a lot in my first FTW round (sorry you got beat in land by a pokemon), and IamSmart was a good friend, and always the best example in some of my later active years as well.

Finally I couldn't leave a list like this without Edd. Always an uncanny ability to show up and pull groups together at the most difficult of times, and a good Bush friend in every circumstance. Although he somehow showed up even later than me, he may have pulled in even more respect from me than any other player, by never, to my knowledge, double crossing any player or even upsetting another friend while still being incredibly aggressive on the side he believed was more deserving.

Honorable metions to IoF (who I believe gave me my only mention in this thread ;) but also was a great leader in probably my most fond round, and Hero, who was a great US timezone friend for many productive rounds.