Bush Greats

Max

Garden Designer
I don't know his actual name, but when we played Protest the first time in R23 we had someone called Treatid, and he pretty much held that alliance together. Brilliant organiser and great knowledge.

I remember treatid! <3 Wondered why I never heard of him again, thought he quit :/

I remember Treadid too, we had a hilariously awkward "accidentally answered prank" conversation in Protest, good player.

My sentiments are very similar to Toby in that I only started playing "properly" well after the game was in it's prime, and therefore I can't offer a fair assessment pre-round-19.

Names that I haven't seen mentioned (read: not Darksider xD) that I think deserve a mention:

1) There are people who can solo... and then there are people who can REALLY solo. They may not have been movers and shakers in the alliance scene, but give them a bit of space on their own and they can kill/bounty hunt/land like no other. In this category I would include:

Cid - I always got on well with Cid, give the guy a few PBs and he's a monster. Spent a few rounds as rank 1 as a solo a week in I believe, and also rank 1 when allied.
Iamsmart - Just an amazing player. So active, so contactable, so knowledgeable, when he and Cid were PNAPed they were pretty unbreakable, only fatigue and the passage of time wore them down. Also an amazingly accomplished alliance player to boot.
Jeff54321 - He spent a stint at rank 1 as a solo... puppet. Crazy. Also spent time rank 1 as a solo bunker I think.
Zaheen - Played the game to the point of obsession, but nobody could argue that his persistence was an asset to success in his gameplay. Arbsurdly high ability at solo gameplay.
Cheese - Never the best manners, but always the best tactics. He could unravel my entire alliance just with a few mind games when he was a solo puppet, was a very intelligent adversary.
Deloitte - Mass Jeep rushing in Hell round. Repeatedly comes back and does fantastic at bounty hunting.
Maickesh - For his insane bribing, and as a UC player? Great all round game. His hypnos are coming for your troops. Whether you like it or not.

2) Leaders, people who can inspire action in their members, while also being commanding respect from their enemies. In this category I would like to add:

JJ - He turned Hounds around into a real fighting force, and then later managed a rank 1 finish. Very skilled player, and often while playing UC, deserves much credit IMO.
Martin - Great leader, great conversationalist, very easy to respect.
Melendil+MattM - Fantastic guys to play alongside in the first incarnation of Protest, did something totally different in the game at the time and for a lot of it managed to upkeep rank 1. Incredible intelligent pair and hilarious to chat alongside.
Podunk - Much respect for Pod, good player, good character, good leader.
Leeroy+Flamey - Always able to organise something good in terms of attacking, and yet never take themselves too seriously. Guaranteed fun.

3) Alliance game changers. These aren't necessarily the leaders, but they are the people who stand next to them and make things happen. They are organisers, moral beacons of hope and are the characters whom, if you were fortunate enough to recruit them, would literally turn an entire round on its head. First and foremost:

Ed - This guy seriously has the midas touch. Doesn't matter where he goes, success and victory will come. Whether it is The Trivial Bunch or The Boat in terms of outright victory, whether it is being recruited to Heart Collectors and breaking the deadlock, whether it is going solo and causing the rank 1 alliance to quake in fear or a bounty rush, whether it is harrier rushes from a Prevailing Swift Kink... I could go on but I need not say more.
JamesNchina - Late to the scene, but an absolute powerhouse. If you recruit this guys you know that you stand a chance against anything. First in defence, first in attack, first to post in pols and first to make a breakthrough. All while being a hilarious character and not taking things too seriously.
Dachi - Supreme attack planner, at his peak he can co-ordinate vaste swathes of IDs, routes and merge them together into a less of a wave and more of a Tsunami. I have been on both sides of the crashing surf and always learn something new as I either stand in awe of the glory or rush frantically to pull together a tangible defence.
Quitus - Some players thrive on their skill. Some thrive on creating fear. And others thrive on sheer activity. I think Quitus comes under all three of these categories, particularly the latter. He's always online - he is always there. If you are attacking his alliance, he is there defending. If you are in the rank 1 alliance - he is there rushing you. Over... and over... again. Doesn't take no for an answer, and in my mind deserves a strong mention.
Toast - Strong in both offense and defence, solo or allied, would often be at the top and partcipating in game changing events. Personal favourite being the RPG bounty on Zhouj of course.
CK - For better or worse xD He still altered bushtarion landscapes over the years.

Steve_God

Official Helper
LDA could always get a bunch of horny teens to do her bidding and was always great fun on webcam.
*makes no comment to that...* :roll:

If I had to pick 3 over the years, it'd have to be Welshie, No-Dachi and DarkSider.
I'm purely picking them for what they managed to achieve at the time when the game was at it's peak of players (and therefore, more challenging)

JJB

Harvester
While we are getting all emotional and nostalgic...

and seeing as this thread hasnt turned into a flame war like usual!

couple of people have mentioned certain rounds

greatest round.....

personal favorite for me although not in bush peak was R29 KHoas winning with Azlev leading us

Max

Garden Designer
You can't beat Round 19 imo, the round where literally 10 alliances each took a turn at rank 1 before getting resisted by the others. Complete carnage, enormous mass player participation from both alliances and solos, and ultimately fantastic fun for everyone concerned.

Still treasure my "EH was rank 1" screenshot, considering we were ubern00bs back then :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
31, where I joined an alliance with 6 people in as a top 50 solo puppets player, and took them from rank 21 to rank 5 by round end with a combination of friend drafting and sneaky tactics alongside Rebel.

The final tick where Alpha tipped us into fifth with an enormous bounty haul to take us ahead of my old alliance TIR was thoroughly satisfying.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Round 31 is interesting, I had to rush off to America at round start and fox had to lead TIR for me. This happened literally 45 minutes into the round.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Leading the alliance who had the most acres ever was fun that round but still doesnt compare to round 25 where it went down to the very last day of the round between 3 different alliances.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
cityguy would be an honourable mention. he'd have been really good, if he actually believed in team effort. his individual effort was always really good (as far as land gain), but the team was there to serve him... not for him to be with the team.

anyone can send thieves for land. that alone doesn't make one great.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
While we are getting all emotional and nostalgic...

and seeing as this thread hasnt turned into a flame war like usual!

couple of people have mentioned certain rounds

greatest round.....

personal favorite for me although not in bush peak was R29 KHoas winning with Azlev leading us

Favourite not strictly speaking equating with greatest, but hey it's all subjective:

Ailihphilia in R31 was my favourite Bushtarion round with Protest in R23 a close second.

Rooster

Harvester
edd
great game knowledge. great attitude, showed a lot patience,
Great to play alongside of. Inspired 19 other ScallyWags to up their game.
A very good sign of a great player.