Bush Greats

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
why dwell on the old days!?Heres my XI of reccent (can only mention the guys ive played with last few rounds)

Me obvs
Gazzy
Maick
Addicted
Max-leader
Spike
IOF
Quicksilver
Seb
Icy
Quitus
Godsend
Dooboo
Phiz
Decap
CK
zveroluv
Tiger
Steve God
phantom

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
I appreciate the sentiment Stargazer - But I've still got lots to learn :) Just this round picked up some stealth rolling techniques from Souls. An unwitting teacher I'll bet, but you were very informative!!

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
ugh. might as well just label the thread 'all my friends that i think are great' now.

I will mention ShadowStrike since no one else has. Probably because Darksider ended up eclipsing him, but SS was great nonetheless.

Last edited:

JJB

Harvester
did i just make this up/dream it or was there a apparently a decent leader called argon or something someone was telling me about a fair few rounds ago like pre-round 20?

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
LDA could always get a bunch of horny teens to do her bidding and was always great fun on webcam.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
What do you consider great?

I think the greatest players were those mid level leaders/players who grinded it out round after round, gotta throw Asmo and Pearly in there for those reasons.

Apart from that I base greatness on having all the following attributes:
1) skilled player
2) Meeting the first condition and NOT having your head 950000000000000000000000000000 Milllion billion miles up your own rectum!
3) Dealing with the crap and not losing it (see condition 2)

Based on those here is my list:
Kuda
Max

Here are those i want to add to my list because i like them but they dont meet conditions 2 & 3:
Angela
Twigley
Everyone else who has ever been considered skilled.

Honestly we as a playerbase had and still have some serious anger issues and not to mention a major need to stroke our own epeen!

Last edited:

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I don't know his actual name, but when we played Protest the first time in R23 we had someone called Treatid, and he pretty much held that alliance together. Brilliant organiser and great knowledge.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
why dwell on the old days!?

Why dwell on the old days? Maybe because the game isn't worth playing anymore and anything done in the last couple of years is basically irrelevant. Who cares who wins a round with only a couple of semi-competent alliances and a couple of hundred players (at most).

I have played every round since 18 and I still feel like I missed this game in its prime. It has been on a steady decline since before I started.

Shadowstrike was a decent player, Garrett, but I was never massively impressed with him. Possibly because he rage quit from my alliance when i replaced a girl he had a crush on or some nonsense. I think she was called Moon? And besides that, he wasn't much of a team player.

As to my own nominations...it's hard to narrow it down to just five considering how many good players there have been over the years, but this is my top 5 and a few others:

Martini - Probably the only player in the game I'm happy to follow without question.
BlackWolf - Snakes CAN eat people. Admit it. The game just hasn't been the same without his insanity.
Polo schmolo - Doesn't really need any endorsement from me. His game history speaks for itself.
DarkSider - Activity, dedication and a vast army of TLs will get you far in this game.
Twignoobfagtard - This list just wouldn't be right without him and his tiny, tiny penis.

And a few other honourable mentions: Garrett, Darryl, aGit, f0xx, Silence, Podiddle and god knows how many others I can't think of right now.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
LDA could always get a bunch of horny teens to do her bidding and was always great fun on webcam.

We said we wouldn't mention the webcam times.

Garrett is a very naughty man.

a) i never said I wouldn't mention.

b) you would have been... 10? mebbe 8 yrs old back when I first knew lda... how would you even know of said arrangements? I mean you are 19 right? rounds 9 -12 would have been before you hit double digits in years dude.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Well the old days are swell, and all - But even the middle ages of this game were pretty good. I remember never being short on targets in R31 as Puppet Masters, and even right up to the OmgPop/WFM round I still had enough targets to keep me relatively occupied and the alliance fights were still fairly tight.

I'm all for nostalgia and remembering the fallen/lost, but there are still some cracking players loitering around - Having found two or three genuinely motivated individuals in the past couple of years to learn and do well is refreshing, and sooner or later people do deserve some notice for their prolonged effort in what is essentially a dead game.

So, why not nominate a single modern player that exhibits a level of competence you could realistically see going far back in those days of glory, rivers of chocolate, and skittle rain.

Nitrous

Head Gardener
I don't know his actual name, but when we played Protest the first time in R23 we had someone called Treatid, and he pretty much held that alliance together. Brilliant organiser and great knowledge.

I remember treatid! <3 Wondered why I never heard of him again, thought he quit :/

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Can't believe I read what dax said and nodded

Fed up of people saying stuff like th game isn't worth playing anymore.I have just as much fun now then I did round 9 so MEH

The game is what you wanna make of it!

Back when it "mattered"

R9
2 836 Stargazers Shoot_All The_Nazis 87,970 374,316,719,964

I would of got rank1 but Dachi got our sister ally to rob some of me land to balance out the ally's-I will never forgive him!