Sad times

penguin

Official Helper
Posted by someone who has a good point--
Wow. You have low standards. Such a charming individual you are.

Is it any wonder people don't stick around?

The playerbase is as much to blame for people leaving as Azzer, and that's a FACT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hm. This is a very good point.
I can assure you out of all the games I have played online, Azzer is one of the few who had more 'community' based standards than all the other Admins out there. Good guy really.
I have seen this happen in IRC, a new player would join, ask how the game is played, and people jump on that as an opportunity to tell them 'dude, don't play this game, it's a dying game'
I've seen it happen more than once.

I think if new players go onto IRC and ask someone how to play, they shouldn't be told anything bad or good about the game.. let them decide.
I also think Azzer should get onto this advertising..

but it isn't a one-way street.

Last edited:

exalted

Digger
There should be a massive bot at the top who regularily (and fairly) attacks the top players so they don't get to far ahead so there is a constant battle to stay number one if your already there.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
There should be a massive bot at the top who regularily (and fairly) attacks the top players so they don't get to far ahead so there is a constant battle to stay number one if your already there.

How would you feel if you played a game for 12 hours, got to the top, then a bot attacked you and the guys below who are playing worse take over you?

exalted

Digger
It's just a random idea, and I wouldn't really care, because then the same would happen to me should I take #1 spot... Maybe it could come into use if you get much higher than everyone else, and when no one else can catch up? Did you read the previous comments? I was merely looking for ways to solve the problem of stopping people getting to high and making it impossible for others to catch up.. so everyone has a chance :)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Or an instant bounty of 100% ;P

exalted

Digger
Well indeed something needs to be done its only day 13 with like 60 to go and top alliance is already more then 3x larger then the next.

There needs to be some sort of change to make the top spot more of a challenge to get to and stay at.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Well indeed something needs to be done its only day 13 with like 60 to go and top alliance is already more then 3x larger then the next.

lol, rank one is probably gonna have one of the most boring rounds ever.

RADICAL SUGGESTION LOL: Reduce defensive abilities of all routes by about infinity. This = end of scorequeening/land whoring! Everybody can win!

A question, did people used to take the game so seriously? Ie be contactable/stupidly active, or did that just develop slowly as a means to win? Obviously, if people didnt take it so seriously, the competition would be more equal, and chances of stalemate (1 alliance running away with the win) would be a lot less.

And i think its funny how people say there are only 2 ftw alliances. I bet most of the alliances would be ftw, IF there werent 2-4 ftw alliances made up of stupidly active and dedicated players hellbent on winning that just take off at round start, and end up continuosly attacking any alliance that comes in range.

The only reason there are only 2 ftw alliances this round, is because ftw now means active 10+ hours a day + contactable, which is out of the question for 80% of the playerbase

TaO

Tree Surgeon
2 FTW alliances was last round ;)

This round we had 3.. but then Finale died.

Bruce666

Harvester
2 FTW alliances was last round ;)

This round we had 3.. but then Finale died.

1.Finale was never FTW, it was ftf, and the aspect of ftf started too bore me which is why i did the **** thing that i did
2. With only 2 ftw alliances we need some sort of thing too strop rank 1 running away with victory after taking down one alliance, it is bit pathetic that all you have too do is kill 1 alliance and its all said and done:/
3.rank 1 all having 100% bounty after a certain point in the round or when they have like double the score of rank 2 would be an interesting idea