Sad times

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Could you even find 60 players to fill 3 allies? :p not to mention fill a couple extra 'ftw' competitors? I think you'd be hard pressed to do so! ;)

Solution:

Smaller alliances XD

Atleast then you'd have a bit more of a scrap :/

Tried it, didn't work very well as i recall. Would make more alliances on paper, but wouldn't result in any improvement in gameplay imo.

not to mention fill a couple extra 'ftw' competitors? I think you'd be hard pressed to do so! ;)

What do you mean? Thats exactly how we roll ;) :p

I just meant i doubt you could fill 3 TBA allies, and then find some 'other' competition that wasn't in TBA, I doubt we could pull off 5 competitive ftw allies these days :(

ollie|

Weeder
The problem is - and has always been; that when rank 1 looks like it has secured a win, usually very earlier on and generally not wholly through skill but politics, or a lack thereof, that the majority of "FTW players" can't be arsed putting in "ftw" effort when "win" isn't even vaguely in sight anymore.

That leaves a bunch of hardcore players at the top, doing sweet F.A, and some guys in the middle, amusing themselves. And things stay much that way for the rest of the round.

basicly, wouldnt it make it more fun if the rounds were shorter?

then even if one alliance won in the first 3 weeks, the round would be over in a few more and people could try again.

the player base dies in the stage between fighting to win one round and the start of the next round imo

maybe half the round length? (its all that was needed this round) or maybe 2/3 of the current round length

Shadow

Harvester
Pfft!!!

REMOVE ALLIANCES, REMOVE AR,LOWER ATTACK LIMIT, REMOVE MOB LIMITS AND ALLOW EVERYONE TO DEFEND UPTO 5 PEOPLE!!! THEN WATCH THE CARNAGE!!!!

Tombi

Harvester
Ok so i've been in sleep mode for over 5 weeks now (excluding the couple of ticks in between) and I'm still within the top 75 :/

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Or more like he means no one has been able to surpass his rank despite being in SM for more than a month. But either way...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Ok so i've been in sleep mode for over 5 weeks now (excluding the couple of ticks in between) and I'm still within the top 75 :/

I'm still not getting the point :(

basically he is saying with the playerbase shrinking no-one has passed him whereas about 8 rounds ago he would have been out of the top 100 from being in sleep for 5 weeks

At least the top 100. More than that in all honesty.

Tombi

Harvester
Stop being so Dim witted, I was just saying that even a few rounds ago staying in the top 100 in sleep mode for such a length of time would be pretty difficult to achieve......
Seems like Alci is the only person with a brain out of you all!

webvictim

Harvester
As someone who's relatively new to the game (this will be my first full round when it's over), my perception of things is possibly a little different. I may well be wrong, but I will happily be corrected.

GC seem to be formed of the "elite", the pros - they played for the win relentlessly at the start, managed to stay together when Asphyxia split and are now just sitting back smugly knowing that no single alliance can touch them, and that rank 2/3/4 won't trust each other enough to team up and take them down.

The other alliances just aren't as serious and can't seem to get up to anywhere near GC level. The only other interesting part of the table is the rank 5-9 space, where there are power struggles going on between smaller alliances which make it more interesting.

I actually feel that smaller alliances would help, as it would be easier to get larger groups online to attack/defend, and you could have a multiple genuine FTW alliances where everyone is active and playing well, rather than alliances where you can just about get ten people online and all the others are just propping up land and taking your defence.

A closer table at the top would make the game more enjoyable. At the moment, it just feels like it's stagnating. I played in Max's private world for a couple of days at the beginning of the week and it was much better - I was 6th out of 30 players for a while and it felt like I really had the power to make a difference, rather than just sitting around knowing that not a lot can really happen to change the situation further up the table.