Congrats & Thanks to RebelRapeRepeat

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I think we'll take the credit for our accomplishments. You took down a different alliance - We then proceeded to take you down. GG.

Amanala

Harvester
This argument is ridiculous.

Regardless of whether or not you like our actions, or whether or not you think they were honourable, there cannot be any discussion or debate upon the matter that without the Rebellion, there would have been no functional resistance.

You guys (resistance) had already given up by the time the RRR splinter group left. Which was another reason we waited so long, wanted to make sure the resistance was a non-entity before pulling off our rebellion so they wouldn't interfere.

There simply is no argument that without the rebellion, the resistance could or would have gone anywhere. Yes there is (always) a minute chance that the resistance could have been successful but i find it extremely unlikely.

Even after we splintered off the resistance took ages to try to kill us. There was some murky behaviour on the part of several resistance members which led to us being fed considerable amounts of intelligence which definitely helped support us in our continued rank as number 1. I don't mean to take away from the organizational aspects of the resistance, for the first time in yonks you managed to stick together for a decently long time, and long enough to finally topple us from our increasingly precarious perch.

While i wouldn't say that the continued resistance is credited to ReRR, there is no doubt in my mind that without our little rebellion that the round would have ended much the same as many others, with RaRR in the lead by a considerable margin, and the rest of the allies in the typical ranks 3-5 stalemate.

Now whatever you have against our morals, our decency, honour, loyalty and all that crap, you simply cannot mount a persuasive argument as to the importance of our behaviour in re-opening the round and in being the catalyst for an ultimately successful resistance.

As for 'getting ahead' by doing what we did; we've posted elsewhere numerous times that it's complete bullshit. We would have been more than happy to retain rank 1 right til the end, and to keep our position, but we had no illusions as to the likelihood of keeping it. Chances which diminished the longer the resistance managed to stick together without imploding. What Sir_Drumalot meant to convey is any tactics in a wargame are to be used without conscience i believe. I support him in this and while i'm not generally a fan of using spies if intelligence is passed into my hands then i'm certainly going to use it, as would 99% of the other players here. Anyone who says otherwise is just a liar, plain and simple; not to mention a hypocrite.

As for the backstabbing and loyalty, betrayal and all that ****ing bullshit... there is another thread for that, it doesn't deserve to be dragged out again in here. Especially since the battle lines for that discussion have been drawn ages ago, and people aren't going to be budged from their opinions, whatever they may be. personally i think you're all wildly blowing the honour/loyalty situation out of the water but that is, after all, my considered opinion.

/rant.

EDIT: As for my personal feelings on the matter of the resistance, bring on the sleep, the rest and the lowbie targets!

This.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I think we'll take the credit for our accomplishments. You took down a different alliance - We then proceeded to take you down. GG.

You can take credit for whatever you please, that's your prerogative, but the fact remains you'd never have taken us down barring an act of God as RaRR. We, i.e. the splinter group, are the single largest reason any resistance was successful this round.

So i think we`ll take credit for our accomplishments too. ;)

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
"In war comes under handed tactics, anything required in house to get ahead."

Oh - So now you've done it to get ahead? Most of your alliance has been fighting that statement since the incident occurred.

Very interesting.

Sigh, i've been in more alliances than this one.. And I was talking in general, not this alliance, not most of my alliances, but it has been known to have been done to me and by me before yes. I do not feel any guilt or regret towards anyone in this game, you want to play at top level then ****ing deal with the consequences and quit your *****ing. Anyone who says they do not use tactics of such a nature are liars and a hypocrits. Plain and simple.

ffs read and think before you post..

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Alci - Frankly it's odd that you refer to taking down you're own alliance as part of the resistance. It's all very confusing.

And Sir Drumalot, I have NEVER been apart of something anywhere near as despicable as what you boys did. I'm no liar and I'm no hypocrite, it's all the truth. So get your damn generalizations out of my sight.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
I will not honour nor congratulate a group of players who plan before it ticks to betray there alliance mates, regardless of intent or result.

What you have done shows a lack of integrity, the way in which you carried out your plan smacks of dishonesty. I only hope that the stigma follows like the powerblocking follows Twigley and JJ.

Also i resent the fact that your claims take from those players who planned the resistance and actioned the resistance. The resistance did not start with you, as i see no difference between the RRRs - it started with JJ, Twigley, DA, Garrett, Enrico and whole host of other players. And this Old Fart refuses to allow treacherous scum take that from them.

Cheerio
An Old Fart.

We dont need nor do we want your congratulations. no Bushtarion Veteran would look at things this way, so im guessing you're one of the new, or youve just got your head up your ass. We know what we did and we are damn proud of it. And without us (the real resistance) the 4 alliances below RRR would never had a chance. So maybe instead of talking down our achievements, you should look at your own.

This is a game of war, stop treating it like we should all be truthful and get along in la di da fairy land.. Like you're so high and morally pure that you'd never lie to anyone on Bush. Its bullshit and you know it.

Id like to give special thanks to Martin and Polo, ive had a great round with all of ReRR and wouldnt have had it go any other way with any other alliance. Its been awesome fun and ill always have time for any of you guys.

Lastly to everyone that wants to flame ReRR for whatever reason. We brought back life into a round, and the guys that left RRR made a decision that im certain 99% of you would be too greedy to make. They are worthy of your respect, but if you're too self involved to give out the respect they deserve at least keep your mouth shut.

Its been a pleasure guys.

Well i can tell you personally at least half of OF have played more rounds than you Druma, i myself have only missed 3 rounds ever! So don't go telling us we don't know what we are on about.

Next, you really really are making yourself look stupid!! You keep arguing with Twigs, even when he isn't trying to argue. He is trying to make valid points and then you go into '4 year old girl' mode and flame the hell out of him! Grow up, you just look like a moaning sore bit*ch! Grow a pair!

Lastly..."worthy of your respect". I'm one of the original RRR whos not that annoyed what happened, but i dont see why the **** you deserve respect from the player base for:

1. Days leading up to split, weakening the alliance
2. Deleting contacts and pols
3. Backstabbing
4. Hitting while rest are asleep

Yes, your gonna hit back with "it made the round interesting" and some little girl cuss at me. But you think that has earnt you respect or should do? Wow my friend you are delusional.

Please think twice before posting, you really are making yourself look more and more stupid with each post!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Alci - Frankly it's odd that you refer to taking down you're own alliance as part of the resistance. It's all very confusing.

Hmm, perhaps only for some people. I should have thought it was self evident. I can't exactly see where I called the splinter group part of the resistance, although i do see several lines/paragraphs that state that we laid the groundwork for your resistance by successfully doing what no resistance had managed up until that point, which was to kill (the remainder) of the rank 1 alliance.

Resistances are allies/groups of players who kill the rank 1 alliance. We killed the rank 1 alliance, therefore we resisted rank 1. We were not a 'part of the resistance' and if i implied that I am deeply sorry, we were the resistance, heart and soul baby! ;) You can call us the 'unofficial resistance' if it makes you feel any better so that we don't take away from your pride in your accomplishments, although we did lay the groundwork for your work to be done. I'm not trying to take away from what you did, but a little recognition that A: You couldn't have killed RaRR; and B: The ultimate success of the resistance was due indirectly to the splintering that we led. It shouldn't be that confusing.

Hope that clears things up for ya Iamsmart*

*Insert obligatory comment about the irony of your name here*

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Drumma you lost all respect for me before you talked to me?
That's funny because you were in my alliance 2 rounds ago.

I hate to play the e-penis card but i also played more rounds than you.

Infact i've played at the top in nearly every single round bar 3 like IoF.
I know you took a long break and started after me anyway.
So ... before telling me to respect people who played "back in the day" etc - there aint nobody ingame done any more of that than i have ;)

Well then they've gone soft. This is not a game to make friends, its a game for war. In war comes under handed tactics, anything required in house to get ahead.

So im guessing you dont like the fact of last round.
Read this statement above in Italics then ill pass you that bowl over.

Also read what IoF has to say.
That is all newbie.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I've only skim-read this thead so forgive me if I've missed anything important in the overwhelming about of dick-waving.

Can I just say thank you to the following people:

Iamsmart
Marvin
JJ

And the following alliances:

Enmity
S2N
Ail
OF
(A few of their guys played a pivotal role in goings on last night)

-

Iamsmart has played quite simply outstandingly - this guy is incredibly on the ball, and one of the most dedicated players I've had the pleasure of seeing work'. He's about as enthusiastic as they come and organised extremely well under pressure. I've similar sentiments for Marv/JJ.

I know I'm in Enmity but I do think these guys deserve a pat on the back. They were, as far as I'm concerned, the flag-ship Resistance alliance and consistently had 50%+ of the troops involved in hits.

That said, they could not have done it alone - S2N also pulled out the stops, as did Ail, to help last night happen.

I don't feel the Resistance's win last night to be tainted by the fact that RRR reorganised. At the end of the day even after rebelling and reforming as ReRRR, they grabbed some of the best players in the top 50 to replace those they'd lost. These guys were no n00bs, they were active and experienced.

Quite often game mechanics, of lack thereof, are blamed for the epic failure of the majority of resistance efforts (most of the time by me) - When the would-be winning alliance is brought down like last night, it completely invalidates that excuse and once again reinforces the fact that all you really need is team spirit, a couple of steadfast planners and people willing to send.

Most importantly - Last night was good fun. And that is, of course, what this game should be all about.

Tombi

Harvester
I've only skim-read this thead so forgive me if I've missed anything important in the overwhelming about of dick-waving.

Can I just say thank you to the following people:

Iamsmart
Marvin
JJ

And the following alliances:

Enmity
S2N
Ail
OF
(A few of their guys played a pivotal role in goings on last night)

-

Iamsmart has played quite simply outstandingly - this guy is incredibly on the ball, and one of the most dedicated players I've had the pleasure of seeing work'. He's about as enthusiastic as they come and organised extremely well under pressure. I've similar sentiments for Marv/JJ.

I know I'm in Enmity but I do think these guys deserve a pat on the back. They were, as far as I'm concerned, the flag-ship Resistance alliance and consistently had 50%+ of the troops involved in hits.

That said, they could not have done it alone - S2N also pulled out the stops, as did Ail, to help last night happen.

I don't feel the Resistance's win last night to be tainted by the fact that RRR reorganised. At the end of the day even after rebelling and reforming as ReRRR, they grabbed some of the best players in the top 50 to replace those they'd lost. These guys were no n00bs, they were active and experienced.

Quite often game mechanics, of lack thereof, are blamed for the epic failure of the majority of resistance efforts (most of the time by me) - When the would-be winning alliance is brought down like last night, it completely invalidates that excuse and once again reinforces the fact that all you really need is team spirit, a couple of steadfast planners and people willing to send.

Most importantly - Last night was good fun. And that is, of course, what this game should be all about.

/me deploys flame sheild

Ram

Head Gardener

Yes, we were/are a good group, but active we are not, most of us don't even have contact numbers up.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I don't feel the Resistance's win last night to be tainted by the fact that RRR reorganised.

Firstly, our current ally, in the current form didn't deserve to be in top 5, not even mentioning rank 1.

Secondly, the "oh so mighty attack which killed" us, was nothing more than a bash on 1 target There was not even a fake attack. I fail to see what is so skilled about giving an ID and LT to 4 different alliances? Hell the waves which happened after that bash were a hundred times more skilled even if they were not organised.

The resistance won simply because Polo said, "Defend". We knew we were going to die and we knew that this would bring us down. We were so annoyed at the resistance comming every night and then recalling after even the smallest sign of us wanting to fight that we simply didn't care if we were going to die. Yes I know the resistance was lazy but so were we, and in the end when both of the sides are lazy it is numbers who win the battle.

One thing I will admit though, the so called resistance had an incredible amount of persisntance and I know how hard it is to keep that momentum going. So, thumbs up for having persistance, because that is the only thing that brought us down.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

One thing I will admit though, the so called resistance had an incredible amount of persisntance and I know how hard it is to keep that momentum going. So, thumbs up for having persistance, because that is the only thing that brought us down.

I had no real words of congratulations for the attack itself, it was brute force - pure n simple.

I'm congratulating your last point - the fact that despite ups n downs, the main guys involved here didn't give up. Something very easily done when you have such active and contactable opponents.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Secondly, the "oh so mighty attack which killed" us, was nothing more than a bash on 1 target There was not even a fake attack. I fail to see what is so skilled about giving an ID and LT to 4 different alliances? Hell the waves which happened after that bash were a hundred times more skilled even if they were not organised.

The resistance won simply because Polo said, "Defend". We knew we were going to die and we knew that this would bring us down. We were so annoyed at the resistance comming every night and then recalling after even the smallest sign of us wanting to fight that we simply didn't care if we were going to die. ]

Thats why it was decided to just send 1 big mob as me and jj knew you wanted a fight ( ty lukey ;) ).

Eff Bee

Weeder
Finally figured out how to login to my forums account!

Firstly: Congratulations to the Resistance for a successful resistance, will things move on now? What happens from here?

Secondly: The Resistance's collective score was ~2.5/3times that of ReRR, I don't think we did a bad job of holding up at all! Considering our main force was focused within ~7 players, we had to be supremely contactable to hold out as long as we did. This wasn't exactly normal circumstances for a resistance.... you saw what happened when the Resistance was attacking RaRR, we were able to defend that quite easily. I'm not trying to take away from your acheivement, more just try to show that we actually did quite well in the given situation!

Thirdly: Regardless of people's opinions on the backstabbing, it was a concept in ~Round 14. Although I personally haven't played for over ten rounds, once I was offered a place in RRR I realised that I didn't really want to play another standard round and spoke to Martin about the possibility of a breakaway group, if the round was won and it seems he had already set the wheels in motion.

Ta
Tom :)

JJbrosandjl

Harvester
So, I just thought I would reply and give credit where it's due.

Note: This is not a reply to any of the above posts

First off, I would like to congratulate ReRR for holding up that long. Sure we succeeded, but it did take us around 2 months. To be fair to both sides, I think the resistance would have continued up until now, even without RRR splitting, but with not nearly as much success. It's pretty much indisputable that the old RRR would have withstood a resistance of this magnitude.

By using underhand tactics, which I still do not approve of, ReRR has definitely opened up the round. That is why I have to thank them. As well, even after the split, and even after the 4 resistance alliances have achieved a massive land and score lead, it still took us a while to finally get through. For an alliance to last that long against a resistance, who pretty much never gave up, is truly an outstanding achievement.

The resistance's success was not due to one player, but rather, all of the resistance alliances. It was a joint effort and I think it is only due to that fact that we lasted so long. Whenever one person lost hope, the others were there to cheer each other on. I would like to thank especially a couple of people. Garrett, for being cooperative for the most part, even though his alliance had little to gain. He seems like a sensible fella and I am definitely looking forward to working with him in rounds to come. Twigley, for getting his alliance motivated every single time to get 10+ people sending with us. Without his alliance, we would have gotten nowhere. Iamsmart, for helping to organize for the resistance. Great motivator and kept us going while times were down. And finally, Enmity, for never giving up and always sending even when there was little hope.

I think, although we were not particularly skilled or organized, the fact that we kept on going for this long period of time deserves a round of applause. Even though I have only been playing for a couple of rounds, I have never seen a resistance so persistent and so eager to prove themselves. Truly, you guys have made this round a round to be remembered.

I would also like to say, despite omgpop's continuous efforts to sabotage the resistance, it has failed in the end >:)

Thanks to everyone who is playing this round. And good luck in the future wars :)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

Yes, we were/are a good group, but active we are not, most of us don't even have contact numbers up.

You realize you're alliance made a post about a spy GIVING out ALL of your contact list? Silly lie tbh.

Ram

Head Gardener
@ Iamretarded

He obviously meant all of the contact list that was posted, since we all don't have our number up, so gtfo.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I nearly responded to that - And then I noticed your sig

YOU WERE IN BUDDHAGUNNERS? :O