Congrats & Thanks to RebelRapeRepeat

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
The only reason for the "resistance" to be successful is the extremely high level of not caring of the rest of the alliance.

As an uninformed solo not too involved in the events at the top i have to say i agree alot with that part :p Rerr fall not because the resistance was super awesome but for whatever reason the interest to compete in the alliance wasn't as high even if their activity and contactibility skyrocketed at times.
One alliance comes into my mind Legends who i'd put my money on to wipe the floor with this whole resistance as they had the biggest desire to survive i ever saw at an alliance (followed not too far by TGA) :p Rerr was formed of many old timers who didn't had much to prove or win so the only thing they could be arsed was probably to send defence at an id and alt tab out of bush :p

And if i may post my very own personal opinion .. not like many would care i just want to get it off my chest:
I think the backstabing while it opened the round and obviously made it fun for the masses it was done in a very poor and cowardly manner and it might hurt the players view of alliance play in future rounds when so many are campaigning to improve the quality of alliance play. Sure some might say well it made it fun for the alliances in resistance but it's not good imho to spread this feeling of insecurity inside your very own alliance when it should be - Don't worry dawg, we got your back :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
"Jump on the i hate Twigley Bandwagon" and its getting so old!

BANDWAGON.jpg

:D

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
the only reason for the "resistance" to be successful is the extremely high level of not caring of the rest of the alliance.

as an uninformed solo not too involved in the events at the top i have to say i agree alot with that part :p rerr fall not because the resistance was super awesome but for whatever reason the interest to compete in the alliance wasn't as high even if their activity and contactibility skyrocketed at times.
One alliance comes into my mind legends who i'd put my money on to wipe the floor with this whole resistance as they had the biggest desire to survive i ever saw at an alliance (followed not too far by tga) :p rerr was formed of many old timers who didn't had much to prove or win so the only thing they could be arsed was probably to send defence at an id and alt tab out of bush :p

and if i may post my very own personal opinion .. Not like many would care i just want to get it off my chest:
I think the backstabing while it opened the round and obviously made it fun for the masses it was done in a very poor and cowardly manner and it might hurt the players view of alliance play in future rounds when so many are campaigning to improve the quality of alliance play. Sure some might say well it made it fun for the alliances in resistance but it's not good imho to spread this feeling of insecurity inside your very own alliance when it should be - don't worry dawg, we got your back :)

qft

Old Fart

Planter
I will not honour nor congratulate a group of players who plan before it ticks to betray there alliance mates, regardless of intent or result.

What you have done shows a lack of integrity, the way in which you carried out your plan smacks of dishonesty. I only hope that the stigma follows like the powerblocking follows Twigley and JJ.

Also i resent the fact that your claims take from those players who planned the resistance and actioned the resistance. The resistance did not start with you, as i see no difference between the RRRs - it started with JJ, Twigley, DA, Garrett, Enrico and whole host of other players. And this Old Fart refuses to allow treacherous scum take that from them.

Cheerio
An Old Fart.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
I will not honour nor congratulate a group of players who plan before it ticks to betray there alliance mates, regardless of intent or result.

You got me, Beej, Signer and Ahead out of this though!!

Arn't you lucky :D

aGit

Harvester

You're taking it too seriously.
What you have done shows a lack of integrity, the way in which you carried out your plan smacks of dishonesty. I only hope that the stigma follows like the powerblocking follows Twigley and JJ.
perhaps it will, however seeing as the players in question are old farts to this community, i doubt they will care a whole lot.
Also i resent the fact that your claims take from those players who planned the resistance and actioned the resistance. The resistance did not start with you, as i see no difference between the RRRs - it started with JJ, Twigley, DA, Garrett, Enrico and whole host of other players. And this Old Fart refuses to allow treacherous scum take that from them.

Cheerio
An Old Fart.

The resistance managed to do dick to the original RRR. Once 12 big players had been removed from the equation, only then did the resistance manage to get things rolling. So i resent the the fact that you're giving undue credit to parties whom it does not belong to.

As i saw it, the outcome of this skirmish was known to everyone in RReR when the plan to detach from RRR took place. To me atleast the way we went down in the end, with one big BR was preferable to the other option. Which would have been the resistance slowly but steadily grinding us away. Kudos to Resistance leaders for that (and to an extent to us, for staying ^_^)

Cheerio, a git

Old Fart

Planter

You're taking it too seriously.
perhaps it will, however seeing as the players in question are old farts to this community, i doubt they will care a whole lot.

Cheerio
An Old Fart.

The resistance managed to do dick to the original RRR. Once 12 big players had been removed from the equation, only then did the resistance manage to get things rolling. So i resent the the fact that you're giving undue credit to parties whom it does not belong to.

As i saw it, the outcome of this skirmish was known to everyone in RReR when the plan to detach from RRR took place. To me atleast the way we went down in the end, with one big BR was preferable to the other option. Which would have been the resistance slowly but steadily grinding us away. Kudos to Resistance leaders for that (and to an extent to us, for staying ^_^)

Cheerio, a git

I don't think i said Polo cutting his nipples off didn't help the resistance. It did. But other people also made it happen, without pre-round plans to betray there original alliance.

It's awesome that ReRR stopped running from battles and the resistance stayed. However that's not what Polo was posting about, he was posting about how his "rebellion" made this possible and as such makes what he did a good thing.

It's not a good thing, and a person who would trade integrity and honour is not someone you should thank, praise, trust or reward. I don't expect them to care, but i dislike the fact they expect this community to fall for such a load of old cobblers!

However each to there own!

Amanala

Harvester
--- Blah blah blah / fap fap fap ---

And that is our INTEL. A lot of you could see that the only thing ReRR was doing was defence. No organised attacks at all. Once we attacked someone and it turned out to be OF. Does this alliance really look like one that cares? We knew what was coming for us and tbh, we were quite surprsed it took sooooo long to happen.

That's bollocks. You guys did so attack. I recall it very clearly, despite it being 4 AM, and having been woken up. Maybe you guys weren't particularly organised (I wouldn't be surprised, because you essentially failed). But with ~10 people there, and 20 seperate mobs... And that was only two days ago.

Sir Drumalot

Harvester

Cheerio
An Old Fart.

We dont need nor do we want your congratulations. no Bushtarion Veteran would look at things this way, so im guessing you're one of the new, or youve just got your head up your ass. We know what we did and we are damn proud of it. And without us (the real resistance) the 4 alliances below RRR would never had a chance. So maybe instead of talking down our achievements, you should look at your own.

This is a game of war, stop treating it like we should all be truthful and get along in la di da fairy land.. Like you're so high and morally pure that you'd never lie to anyone on Bush. Its bullshit and you know it.

Id like to give special thanks to Martin and Polo, ive had a great round with all of ReRR and wouldnt have had it go any other way with any other alliance. Its been awesome fun and ill always have time for any of you guys.

Lastly to everyone that wants to flame ReRR for whatever reason. We brought back life into a round, and the guys that left RRR made a decision that im certain 99% of you would be too greedy to make. They are worthy of your respect, but if you're too self involved to give out the respect they deserve at least keep your mouth shut.

Its been a pleasure guys.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Barely anyone is flaming or annoyed with RReR you moron.
They are with you.

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
Barely anyone is flaming or annoyed with RReR you moron.
They are with you.

Who is with me? People I dont care about? Yea thought so.. Go eat a bowl of dick Twigs, and get it through your head that I dont care what you or anyone you know thinks. You lost my respect before id even talked to you, so I dont mind what you say. It changes nothing.

edit: just so you know, im not gonna pwn you in this thread as well. So I wont be replying to any of your lame come backs.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
"no Bushtarion Veteran would look at things this way"

Well - I started playing 13 rounds ago, DS has been playing MUCH longer I'm sure, posts made by Old Farts are things the entire alliance agrees on generally, and their are plenty of vet's in there.

So, bollocks.

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
"no Bushtarion Veteran would look at things this way"

Well - I started playing 13 rounds ago, DS has been playing MUCH longer I'm sure, posts made by Old Farts are things the entire alliance agrees on generally, and their are plenty of vet's in there.

So, bollocks.

Well then they've gone soft. This is not a game to make friends, its a game for war. In war comes under handed tactics, anything required in house to get ahead.

Of course this is just my opinion and I dont doubt others are going to be different. It wouldnt be interesting if everyone thought like me. Unlike some I dont expect that.

Putting down our achievements is not the way to go about it though. We merely have a different way of doing things. No one is safe in a game war.

edit: btw 13 rounds ago does not make you a veteran, you werent around back in the day so you will never know what it was like, but I do know of a couple in OF that have been playing for as long as a few of us in ReRR and even the rounds after I quit. I may not be up to date with current events, but I know politics and I know the history, it is much different now days. Backstabbing, spying and double agents are just a few of the tactics outside the game to help your chances of having fun or in some cases winning. Accept it, because they're not going away.

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
"In war comes under handed tactics, anything required in house to get ahead."

Oh - So now you've done it to get ahead? Most of your alliance has been fighting that statement since the incident occurred.

Very interesting.

aGit

Harvester
"In war comes under handed tactics, anything required in house to get ahead."

Oh - So now you've done it to get ahead? Most of your alliance has been fighting that statement since the incident occurred.

Very interesting.

nah, we never wanted ahead, we wanted him dead.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
This argument is ridiculous.

Regardless of whether or not you like our actions, or whether or not you think they were honourable, there cannot be any discussion or debate upon the matter that without the Rebellion, there would have been no functional resistance.

You guys (resistance) had already given up by the time the RRR splinter group left. Which was another reason we waited so long, wanted to make sure the resistance was a non-entity before pulling off our rebellion so they wouldn't interfere.

There simply is no argument that without the rebellion, the resistance could or would have gone anywhere. Yes there is (always) a minute chance that the resistance could have been successful but i find it extremely unlikely.

Even after we splintered off the resistance took ages to try to kill us. There was some murky behaviour on the part of several resistance members which led to us being fed considerable amounts of intelligence which definitely helped support us in our continued rank as number 1. I don't mean to take away from the organizational aspects of the resistance, for the first time in yonks you managed to stick together for a decently long time, and long enough to finally topple us from our increasingly precarious perch.

While i wouldn't say that the continued resistance is credited to ReRR, there is no doubt in my mind that without our little rebellion that the round would have ended much the same as many others, with RaRR in the lead by a considerable margin, and the rest of the allies in the typical ranks 3-5 stalemate.

Now whatever you have against our morals, our decency, honour, loyalty and all that crap, you simply cannot mount a persuasive argument as to the importance of our behaviour in re-opening the round and in being the catalyst for an ultimately successful resistance.

As for 'getting ahead' by doing what we did; we've posted elsewhere numerous times that it's complete bullshit. We would have been more than happy to retain rank 1 right til the end, and to keep our position, but we had no illusions as to the likelihood of keeping it. Chances which diminished the longer the resistance managed to stick together without imploding. What Sir_Drumalot meant to convey is any tactics in a wargame are to be used without conscience i believe. I support him in this and while i'm not generally a fan of using spies if intelligence is passed into my hands then i'm certainly going to use it, as would 99% of the other players here. Anyone who says otherwise is just a liar, plain and simple; not to mention a hypocrite.

As for the backstabbing and loyalty, betrayal and all that ****ing bullshit... there is another thread for that, it doesn't deserve to be dragged out again in here. Especially since the battle lines for that discussion have been drawn ages ago, and people aren't going to be budged from their opinions, whatever they may be. personally i think you're all wildly blowing the honour/loyalty situation out of the water but that is, after all, my considered opinion.

/rant.

EDIT: As for my personal feelings on the matter of the resistance, bring on the sleep, the rest and the lowbie targets!