Some Competittion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
LS, I thought Hero/Ryu accused us (dRQ and Res) of powerblocking? I could be wrong but I thought that's what they were doing a few pages back :p

Anyways, it's all in the past now, but I don't think any alliance comes out of this round with a particularly shiny badge ;)

hmm.. maybe.. ^_^ I do have a short memory. I just cant REMEMBER any.. :p

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
And so your natural alternative is to not hit Aphalla and hit dRQ? Seems contradictory to me tbh, but you're free to play however you want.
They hit Alpha first last week don't forget, and if they continued to hit them with you it would have resulted in you both having to explain a 21+ day secret nap/powerblock to admins.

I think Res are doing the right thing here, they have nothing to lose. If they help dRAGE kill Aphall then they will definately lose because both Aphall and dRAGE will attack them on the retal/backstab respectively.

However if they help Aphall seek revenge on dRAGE (the bashers of the game), then they stand a good chance of winning, why?

Aphall seem to have a lot of mercy, they have been nothing but honest with me so far - I think when the time comes the war against Res for first place will be a good fair/fun one, I doubt they will wave/bash them into outta space, I would like to hope that they would make it last all round whilst the FTF members in both alliances have their fun, at the same time the FTW ones try and dictate the lead. dRAGE have done nothing but lie and play dirty, why? They stole 50% of their land from 30-40% alliances and that's just pretty pathetic considering who they have in the alliance. All think they are the bees knees, well really nothing but a bunch of hypocrites and liars, shipjumpers, bashers, wavers etc etc.

I am falling asleep now, my film finished. Hang in there dRAGE - hope you are in 70% of my range by the morning because I'm coming back for my acres.

LuckySports you make the claim that your alliance is FTF, but that's not the impression I have been getting by the members I've been speaking to ^ ^

Lol your antipathy for us really clouded your judgement.
1. Aphal and Res hit Twigs (pretty much 40%) at pretty much the same time. And then you accuse us of being the bashers in the game, when we've hit you, alone, but still at 40%. About 2 weeks back. Because afterwards, we haven't sent an organised hit on anyone but Apha (minus 1 attack on BM), since they retaliated pretty much any attack we sent out.
2. The shipjumpers in this round are Aphal. Of our original line-up, one left because she went completely inactive (left, mind you, not kickraped), one left to join aphal (before the ticks started, but probably with our entire idlist) and one left as agreed on before the round (because he's getting married and can't/doesn't want to put in the effort). I might have forgotten 1, but compared to the systematic kickrape in aphal, calling us shipjumpers is just laughable.
3. Calling us bashers and wavers, when we've basically only hit your alliance and aphal, is ridiculous. The facts do not support your claim. Oh yeah, and we did one organised hit on BM, which got retaliated by aphal. Fair does.

Anyway, fair play by Apha and Res. It's an obvious case of the completely normal 2v1, something I would've done as well if I were in their shoes. Like Martin said loads of time in the past: "If you're in a fair fight, you've done something wrong".
I must definitely commend Hero for getting apha back in the game after getting knocked down a bit. Even if it did mean you kickraped some members, it's still good work.
Also great work on the politics by Res. Making everyone believe apha, and later dRage (supported by the completely ridiculous outbursts of rage by Zaheen, which triggered some pretty bad replies by people including me, my bad), were the biggest threats, is what got them where they are now. I'll be very interested to see what will happen now that they've run out of flak and are now themselves going to receive organised incoming. :)

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
1. Aphal and Res hit Twigs (pretty much 40%) at pretty much the same time. And then you accuse us of being the bashers in the game, when we've hit you, alone, but still at 40%.

We never attacked twigley with Alpha.. They followed us on some attacks and we got pissed off about it.. It was never our intention, and we've barely sent a mob at them since..

And whilst we are first for the moment, if you look at Alpha's Land and seeds, they could pass us at any time they want :p So who knows what will happen next? Should be interesting to see

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
1. Aphal and Res hit Twigs (pretty much 40%) at pretty much the same time. And then you accuse us of being the bashers in the game, when we've hit you, alone, but still at 40%.

We never attacked twigley with Alpha.. They followed us on some attacks and we got pissed off about it.. It was never our intention, and we've barely sent a mob at them since..

And whilst we are first for the moment, if you look at Alpha's Land and seeds, they could pass us at any time they want :p So who knows what will happen next? Should be interesting to see

They "followed" you on Twigs, just like they "followed" you on us?

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

They "followed" you on Twigs, just like they "followed" you on us?

Yeah.. pretty much.. Except w/o the sarcastic quotations.. :p Why would we have them follow us on a smaller alliance when we had our attack sorted? Wouldn't make much sense would it?

Stegosaurus

Pruner
As far as I am aware, there is no "powerblock" or 2v1 going on here. It is just people going for land where land is available, and right now that just happens to mean kicking us whilst we're down.

The reason our members are so volatile is because we legitimately worked hard to take down rank 1(By ourselves, no 2v1 here either, regardless of what people think...) and now find ourselves getting shafted by multiple alliances, coincidental or not.

This arguing and whining on the forums is worse for the community than the way people are playing, it's generating ill-will between players, and whilst highly entertaining, the drama is driving us further apart.

The fact that the most tactical decision is to train us for land right now speaks more about the flaws in game mechanics than it does in the playerbase. Regardless of why this wasn't (it was...) an issue before, whether it be a decrease in players, or a complete change in player attitude - it is not reasonable to expect people to just ignore a source of easy land. I know I'd be attacking us right now if I had signed up somewhere else.

So please, everyone stop QQing about powerblocks, bashing and expecting azzer/weeble to come fix everything. I don't agree with some of the decisions made by other alliances so far this round, but it's hardly my place to say what they should have done.

Zaheen

BANNED
This arguing and whining on the forums is worse for the community than the way people are playing, it's generating ill-will between players, and whilst highly entertaining, the drama is driving us further apart.
This is true.

I have no hidden hatrid in any of my posts, it's crystal clear my views on this game the players who play it.

I may have incorrectly accused dRAGE and Res of powerblocking, but after 20 days of not a single battle damage report or acre steal on each other I had every right to say what I did.

Ryu

Pruner
As far as I am aware, there is no "powerblock" or 2v1 going on here. It is just people going for land where land is available, and right now that just happens to mean kicking us whilst we're down.

The reason our members are so volatile is because we legitimately worked hard to take down rank 1(By ourselves, no 2v1 here either, regardless of what people think...) and now find ourselves getting shafted by multiple alliances, coincidental or not.

The fact that the most tactical decision is to train us for land right now speaks more about the flaws in game mechanics than it does in the playerbase. Regardless of why this wasn't (it was...) an issue before, whether it be a decrease in players, or a complete change in player attitude - it is not reasonable to expect people to just ignore a source of easy land. I know I'd be attacking us right now if I had signed up somewhere else.

So please, everyone stop QQing about powerblocks, bashing and expecting azzer/weeble to come fix everything. I don't agree with some of the decisions made by other alliances so far this round, but it's hardly my place to say what they should have done.

lolol

You didn't take anyone down by yourselves. You guys scored with the 2v1 and cashed in on a screwed up server.

Edit: Before you start crying about one of your members joining us.

1. He didn't take an ID List.
2. He wasn't active and isn't playing with us.

CFalcon

Official Helper

lolol

You didn't take anyone down by yourselves. You guys scored with the 2v1 and cashed in on a screwed up server.

Currently:

dRage:
Alliance: Land Taken: Land Lost: Kill Damage Done: Kill Damage Received: Bribe Damage Done: Bribe Damage Received:
Aphallatosis 32,000 77,000 55,060,000,000 58,250,000,000 6,942,000,000 7,626,000,000

Res:
Alliance: Land Taken: Land Lost: Kill Damage Done: Kill Damage Received: Bribe Damage Done: Bribe Damage Received:
Aphallatosis 9,000 16,000 5,194,000,000 4,485,000,000 1,436,000,000 483,000,000

And immediately after Aphal lost rank 1:

RQ:
Land Taken: Land Lost: Kill Damage Done: Kill Damage Received: Bribe Damage Done: Bribe Damage Received:
Aphallatosis 27,000 36,000 38,110,000,000 34,040,000,000 5,937,000,000 5,934,000,000

Res:
Land Taken: Land Lost: Kill Damage Done: Kill Damage Received: Bribe Damage Done: Bribe Damage Received:
Aphallatosis 8,000 16,000 2,631,000,000 4,484,000,000 1,430,000,000 448,000,000

RQ did more than 10x the work of Res, so don't try and laugh off Steg's very reasonable post (one of the best in this thread) with exaggerations. We've been in the centre of the action all round and I'm immensely proud of what we've achieved. Belittle it all you want, the stats are on our side.

We haven't asked for help now we're being 2v1ed (I *know* it's not co-ordinated, but that doesn't change the total incoming). And instead of whining about powerblocks (IoF aside), you've actually had several posts from our members about how talk of powerblocks is ridiculous and that this is just how the game works, in stark contrast to the claims being made by everyone else when Aphal were getting hit.

You have decided to vilify us for some reason, but I still see myself as a member of the most honourable alliance this round.

Ryu

Pruner
Again, you wouldn't have been in as good of a situation to do ANYTHING with out 2v1 and gaining so much from Server Issues.

Maybe it says something that the player base wants your alliance dead, don't be so shady.

Ryu

Pruner
ALSO, largely due to the fact. After the 2v1 we brought in a few new recruits who were under-teched and low on land. Plus moral was low.. blah blah blah. So I'm not impressed.

Zaheen

BANNED
You have decided to vilify us for some reason, but I still see myself as a member of the most honourable alliance this round.
When did you become a comedian? ;)

I'm impressed by Res and Aphall's attacking power actually they have wiped you out whilst I was in sleep mode, man I have nobody to Geo rush to get my land back! A few of dRAGE chickened out in sleep mode though so there is still some of the threat alive lol

CFalcon

Official Helper
Maybe it says something that the player base wants your alliance dead

Funny, I only see you and Zaheen. Everyone else has been pretty good natured and admit it's 'cos we're easy acres right now (or at least we were last night).

Ryu said:
blah blah blah. So I'm not impressed.

Why doesn't that suprise me? You're determined that every action we've taken this round has been advised on by satan.

Zaheen, why don't you point out when we've played less honourably than Aphal and Res then? I don't think you can.

Godsend9701

Harvester
just here to say both alliances "dRAGE" and "Aph" asked Res for help to take down the other, as Res is a FTF ally we decided to pick and choose 1st help dRAGE kill Aph as Aph was on top, than cuz dRAGE was on top we decided to help Aph and now we are on top, but cuz dRAGE decided to go into sleepmode we got bored and decided to hit Aph, 3 days later dRAGE comes out of sleepmode and we decided to hit them instead of hitting Aph, That is all....

Private Sent by: dRAGE QUIT alliance HQ Fri 10th Sep, 2010. 11:14:42 GMT Reply Forward
Subject: Resistance
Gunna go for a 19:00 GMT LT
rustle up some interest and get me the troopages so the maestro can plan :p

Private Sent by: dRAGE QUIT alliance HQ Fri 10th Sep, 2010. 17:07:07 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
*ka-poke*

any interest in a 19:00 LT???

Private Sent by: Aphallatosis alliance HQ Fri 10th Sep, 2010. 20:08:17 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
Can I ask why ur helping iof when they are the same size a's us, and the most dishonorable group of douchebags to play the game? Is it that obvious they can't fight us alone or do u not understand they are using u... We wanted alliance wars and good fights... I've never asked an alliance for help once this round and don't plan on it... Why don't u guys let us fight... U aren't resisting... Look at the scores :/

At this point Aph and dRAGE were at the same score (pretty much) so we decided to stop on them and decided to hit Bribe, (sorry guys but we just wanted to fun :p)

Private Sent by: dRAGE QUIT alliance HQ Sat 11th Sep, 2010. 12:41:11 GMT Reply Forward
Subject: Finishing the job
Assuming you guys still want to finish off Bruce, 18:29 LT lemme know about troopages asap!

as far as i know we didnt send on that attack (or atleast i know i didnt)

Than come the turn around

Private Sent by: naughty cf [xxxx] Tue 14th Sep, 2010. 10:23:00 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
Hello I have heard through through a few people you are planning on DRAGE? Would you like help :) with us together we can take them.... This is leeroy by the way... I don't want IOF winning another round! :/

Private Sent by: Aphallatosis alliance HQ Thu 16th Sep, 2010. 09:13:41 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
insomn! where are u...

Rage is out in full on mass on us right now. Get a retal going?

Private Sent by: Aphallatosis alliance HQ Thu 16th Sep, 2010. 11:45:03 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
We arent going to make it till the weekend if you cant get them off us. So if you dont want the round to end you would need to attack them now...

they are 100% out eta 4 right now on us.

No chance for you alone vs them so im asking for help so that there is some left to help fight them this weekend.

Private Sent by: Aphallatosis alliance HQ Thu 16th Sep, 2010. 19:01:19 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
Rage is out massing us again.

Private Sent by: Aphallatosis alliance HQ Thu 16th Sep, 2010. 21:33:11 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
They are back again lol.

Private Sent by: dRAGE QUIT alliance HQ Fri 17th Sep, 2010. 23:42:51 GMT Reply Forward
Subject: Aphalla
Letting them exist means you're just gunna have to fight them later when your combined forces have killed us, surely take them out now would make sense ;P

yeah i sound desperate

cos atm, as you noticed that wave, you recalled all bar one, which had a nice Aphalla following who'll probably be landing, you're helping them more than yourselves atm

just saying :p

El Og

Private Sent by: Aphallatosis alliance HQ Sat 18th Sep, 2010. 07:17:11 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
Drage mass slept, i know there plan is to force us to fight each other. i am asking we refrain from this. they know they cant take us both on. so there only chance was to mass sleep. starve you of targets, so you attack us, then we end up not wanting to help or one of us die, then soon as they come out of sleep they will be refreshed, and ready to take on one of us 1v1. and i'm sure you know, there skilled in 1v1. if we can just hold out and remain peaceful for the time being, wait them out, then murder them.

Private Sent by: Aphallatosis alliance HQ Tue 21st Sep, 2010. 06:08:05 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
rage is out of sleep... :)

and the fun started back up again, now there was alot more from both alliances but this would of been way too long to read, so i shorten it, dont like it sue me. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaheen

BANNED
It means the 2 alliances now fighting for the win, considered us the biggest threat.
Well you weren't at the start when Aphall flexed both you and Res.

But once you teamed with Res and Bribemania and even wanted me and other alliances to help you, you went from being ~equal to Aphall to getting a huge lead, this was due to stocking seeds, and also due to sending Res/Bribemania with LET and you with just flak and Geo.

This resulted in a big turn around which put you guys the biggest threat, one which the player base disagreed with, and one which I have disagreed with from the start, which led to lots of unecessary abuse and arguments, but all is fixed now.

Zaheen, why don't you point out when we've played less honourably than Aphal and Res then? I don't think you can.
Most Helpful: OMG I died [9533] has sent out a total of 315 friendly mobs.

That stat came from mostly defending against your alliance the day you sent about 100 incoming mobs at mine. You sent for 20 hours around the clock and farmed 20-30k acres from my alliance that day alone, honourable? You were sending at +1 and +2 for the best part of that time knowing that everybody you attacked would be offline, what do you call that?

It has been OVER a week since I left my alliance to come solo and still nobody has taken that stat from me. I assure you that stat is well deserved and not fake like most of them out there. I'm not just making this up to prove a point, other than your alliance bashing mine into next century we didn't really have much incoming.

Alpha and Res however haven't taken 50% of their land from tiny little alliances like dRAGE have, is that enough for you mate, or should I expand further?

Twigley refused to hit my alliance because he knew we were FTF and we were taking a beating. Some of my players moved from mine to his alliance, and there was some players wanting in mine before he made his alliance, which moved to his alliance which meant I had nobody to ask to join once players started leaving.

Aphall refused to hit my alliance from the start when I told them that I'm not a threat and that my alliance is full of inactives, Recon was annoyed at this as he didn't want YOU to capitalise on this and get free acres. But I commend him for holding back, as much as they wanted to hit us for our land, they only sent off the odd attack now and again which is fine. Res did the same.

I've never in my entire time playing Bushtarion seen an alliance beat down an inactive FTF alliance that way. In fact, I've never seen attacks on that time scale of 20 hours non stop the way you have even against FTW alliances. As much as you may feel you have been honourable, you are wrong this time. It really isn't just me and Ryu to have that opinion, it's early days yet the others will have their opinion as the time passes.

Last edited:

CFalcon

Official Helper
Alpha and Res however haven't taken 50% of their land from tiny little alliances like yours has, is that enough for you mate, or should I expand further? I've never in my entire time playing Bushtarion seen an alliance beat down an inactive FTF alliance that way.

In fact, I've never seen attacks on that time scale of 20 hours non stop the way you have even against FTW alliances. As much as you may feel you have been honourable, you are wrong this time.

1. I would point you to the 25k Res have stolen from Bribemania, and the 12k they took from S2S. Both at the very minimum of their range (at the time).

2. I would point you to the alliance Titles, of which all the top alliances have red titles, not just RQ. And all the top alliances in all previous rounds have had red titles. This is just how the game works.

3. I would point you to the top 25 most wanted players, of which only 4 are RQ.

I'm not having a go at Aphal and Res. I'm just pointing out that if RQ have been devilish, then Aphal and Res haven't exactly been saintly. Again, you're selectively seeing faults with RQ and ignoring all else.

You seem to have ignored Res sitting back and getting RQ and Aphal to do most of their work. You seem to be ignoring Aphal and Res both massing S2S and RQ despite both being a quarter of their combined score. You seem to be ignoring RQ being the ones taking the fight to Aphal when Aphal were larger than us, pretty much un-aided on all but 2 occasions. Again, I'm not condemning Aphal and Res, they're both playing good tactical games. But don't try and portray them as saints compared to us.

And if you haven't seen an attack of that scale before, then you haven't played much in an alliance (which I know you admit to). It's fine that you haven't seen such attacks before, but they're hardly uncommon. Being attacked by a single alliance is relatively tame compared to what many of us have endured. In KHaoS about this time last year we had full alliance waves incoming from ranks 4,5,6 and 7, when we were rank EIGHT. And you know who was orchestrating that? Bruce.

Last edited:

Zaheen

BANNED
Alpha and Res however haven't taken 50% of their land from tiny little alliances like yours has, is that enough for you mate, or should I expand further? I've never in my entire time playing Bushtarion seen an alliance beat down an inactive FTF alliance that way.

In fact, I've never seen attacks on that time scale of 20 hours non stop the way you have even against FTW alliances. As much as you may feel you have been honourable, you are wrong this time.

1. I would point you to the 25k Res have stolen from Bribemania, and the 12k they took from S2S. Both at the very minimum of their range (at the time).
You cannot step in and make them statements. Twigley's alliance have been land fat for a long time, and it was your failed sleepmode stunt which has left Res with no other targets.

2. I would point you to the alliance Titles, of which all the top alliances have red titles, not just RQ. And all the top alliances in all previous rounds have had red titles. This is just how the game works.
Yes, I'm not talking about titles I'm talking about your alliance stats. The land they have stolen from Discworld is next to nothing, yet you guys farmed them, and the most land you have stolen from any alliance was mine. I'm not being biased just because it was my alliance. I am proving how you have been dishonourable and they haven't.

And don't give no balony about "it's just how the game works", some of them have green titles if you look harder. And they probably only have a red title for farming land, not from actually bashing players below them (this is the beauty of having spies first in the round, I have seen more than anybody else).

3. I would point you to the top 25 most wanted players, of which only 4 are RQ.
That stat is flawed now since you guys have hit sleep mode, and since you've been farmed out yesterday resulting in lots of H/F gains for your alliance, nice try CFalcon. You might be able to cloud everybody elses judgement but you can't cloud mine.

And if you haven't seen an attack of that scale before, then you haven't played much in an alliance (which I know you admit to). It's fine that you haven't seen such attacks before, but they're hardly uncommon. Being attacked by a single alliance is relatively tame compared to what many of us have endured. In KHaoS about this time last year we had full alliance waves incoming from ranks 4,5,6 and 7, when we were rank EIGHT. And you know who was orchestrating that? Bruce.
You're right I haven't played that many rounds, but I have been around for years here and there and in all my time playing I have never seen brutal +1 and +2 bashing attacks that you did on my members.

But in every round I have played, I always like to keep up with the politics in order to make it a fun round. But just from this round alone has given me enough justification for what Bruce has apparently done to you previously. I'm not sucking up to him, he's somebody that I have never spoke to before this round, somebody who has spoken to me with a lot of respect, and somebody I respect just as much for that.

Whatever he did to you that round was between you and him, but from what I see this round you clearly deserved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.