Scum of the Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase

Harvester
What a pathetic thing to do, some people have cried about certain members of the community doing underhand things before but that's just in the game, to take a game outside of it's boundaries into affecting people directly is way over a step over the line.

As people have already stated, this is against the law but (and i mean this in no offense to Azzer) i highly doubt you will get banned since their is no "rule" against this. Do not get me wrong, i believe you should get perma' banned to make an example and the correct authorities contacted if you pursue this ill mannered tactic.

On a further note... Get a life!

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
And yet they continue. More of us get pranked by withheld numbers. Fortunately I can contact my network provider to find out who it was. :)

Lukey

Harvester
[10:31:52] <LukeyNakered> [number]
[10:31:56] <LukeyNakered> wtf number is that
[10:32:08] <LukeyNakered> [number]
10:32:25] <Jase> [number]
[10:32:28] <Sir_Drumalot> So it was more than one person pranking you LukeyNakered?
[10:32:36] <LukeyNakered> [number]
<Jase> http://freespace.virgin.net/peter.linda/
<Jase> look at the bottom of the page
<LukeyNakered> wtf
[10:35:04] <Jase> google ftw :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jase

Harvester
Everyone can polo, i suggest doing so. Emphasize that they are harassing you and they will either give you their number or report it to a telecommunications authority.

BuBbLeS

Harvester
this is a ****ing joke. 5am i got woken up because of some bitter child who is pissed off he lost the round. ffs its a game, why take it outside. i also will be calling my provider and getting the number that felt the need to prank me at 5am.

If Azzer does not do anything about this then maybe bushtarion is not the game it used to be where Azzer was in control

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Azzer has been informed of this situation. He's a little busy at the mo with family stuff but will be on at some point today to sort it out.

When this happened before the 'stalkers' were perma-banned.

I would definitely recommend contacting your network providers if you've been harassed and asking for their advice, they may have special channels with which to elevate the matter to the police.

Ram

Head Gardener
[23:16:55]
[23:17:51] <Ahead> Iamsmart, tbf if they are willing to use underhand tactics..
[23:17:56] <Ahead> we should be too :p

We used them ingame. They are totally different things.
fu and GTFO!

Tombi

Harvester
And yet they continue. More of us get pranked by withheld numbers. Fortunately I can contact my network provider to find out who it was. :)

That would be the best way forward :) but if they are on pay as you go they probably won't be registered and there will be very little chance of proving who they were unless the phone company gives you records of the texts and phone calls they've made so you can work out who they are.
But if they're using homephones and contract mobiles er your screwed guys ;)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I think if logs are available like those above thats enough for ingame action (IMO). Outside of that i dont know so wont speculate.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Every time I read stuff like this from bushtarion forums I die a bit inside.

You can get certificate of incoming calls from your phone company, as its "free" info for phone owner. That paper IS valid method to proof for example police and court that someone is stalking you.

Wake up you idiots!! This is real world and bushtarion is game!! You are breaking LAW here! not bushtarion law but real one! And you will be caught 110% sure theres no getting away with it.

Why in like every 5-7 rounds we get thread like this? Where has gone the respect among people that we are playing game and we dont want to harm others real lives, we actually want these people to be happy and do well. Even they are our toughest competitors and we really really hate what they represent, they are still for sure nice people outside the game and should be respected.

Azzer has been very strict to this matter in the past. I am sure he is today and in the future. So if you want to ruin your life and bushtarion playing by pranking someone in middle of the night, well it is your own call but dont come to whine when police has delivered letter to court to you, sued of harassing.

PS. I really really feel for that poor Norwegian family/girl whom I pranked continuously during one round only to realize 2 weeks before end I had all the time pranked wrong number :(

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
jeeebus christ help you poor souls
now im as bitter as any of the former RRR members who got quite brutally stabbed in the back for devoting a month of their lives to trying to win a round

but resorting to abusing peoples phone numbers, just WHY?!?!
sometimes i really wonder if people on here actually have brains... or even if they do have them, use them....

Matt

Harvester
This is ridiculous,

who would be so childish and immature,

maybe a suggestiong that allies should use the security level in threads to project this kind of sensitive information in future.

But seriously guys some people need to grow up and get a life,

not only is this breaking the law but it can have a serious detrimental effect on a persons life. if i was being woken up 5 and 6 times between my sleeping hours it would have a massive effect on my job. and all because some little **** wanted to win an online game, personally its not worth it and i wouldnt be suprised if something like this would turn people away from the game!

i say life time BAN the offenders for this its a disgrace!

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
maybe a suggestiong that allies should use the security level in threads to project this kind of sensitive information in future.

Not a bad suggestion, truth told.

In other news, this is pretty piss-poor behaviour.

Ahead

Head Gardener
[23:16:55]
[23:17:51] <Ahead> Iamsmart, tbf if they are willing to use underhand tactics..
[23:17:56] <Ahead> we should be too :p

We used them ingame. They are totally different things.
fu and GTFO!

I never actually pranked anyone, I have nothing to defend myself against. I don't even have half the UK peoples' numbers and anybody from RRR can tell you I can't prank international numbers so the bit about me pranking icy in the logs is clearly a joke. I did HL him from mibbit but I don't feel that is "stalking"/"harrassment" etc. As for Bubbles, I don't even have his number, as can be seen from the logs. By all means look into it and get numbers, although it may seem from the logs like I encourage this sort of behaviour I would like to say I do not and on the most part we were just having a laugh in the channel about it. The one single instance I know of somebody being pranking has already been explained in this thread as a drunken revenge prank, which although I do not condone was probably deserved as the stunt had been pulled by one of your people first.

TaO

Tree Surgeon

Not a bad suggestion, truth told.

In other news, this is pretty piss-poor behaviour.

What is the use of this security level?
all new member in your alliance must be able to prank in case its needed, if you cant let them view the thread, there is no use for the thread nor the security level.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There's three important things to note;

1: Giving your phone-number out over the internet can lead to troublesome situations where real life is disturbed by "internet idiots". In the same way you wouldn't give your address out, I would never advise giving your phone-number out to anybody on the internet - certainly not on a "public list/post" where anyone that joins the alliance can see it - perhaps a "private list" only visible to officers of the alliance (using the "security level" feature of politics) would be the safest bet if you absolutely must publicise your phone number in the game (something I discourage). Then if somebody needs to get you online, you can rely on trusted members of the alliance. If you want any and everyone including brand new members to the ally to see all your personal real life info, then don't be suprised when something bad happens.

2: International laws make the whole thing tricky - with minor things. I can only speak for my limited knowledge of UK laws and police, but HARASSMENT is a crime. Something can only be considered harassment if something happens, you ask/tell the person to stop, and they continue. There has to be at least three seperate incidents (this doesn't mean 3 phonecalls in a single hour, it would mean three nights running being disturbed by someone) for it to count as harassment. That's not all quite accurate, but it's something along those lines. If this happens, you shouldn't go to the police, you should go to the phone company, who can help you with dealing with abuse appropriately. It's not something you phone 999 (or 911) for, before anyone tries.

3: If I catch any members of the community abusing other members in such a way that they are harassing them "in real life" - ie phoning/texting/pranking - I will come down on you hard. Lockouts for several days as an initial warning for minor offences, but for somebody that I catch entering an alliance, stealing a list of phone numbers, and passing them around to other people on the internet (be they members of Bushtarion or not), you can face a tasty loss of account on IRC, forums, and the game. Don't be an immoral, idiotic, childish, immature d***. Have some respect for the real life people playing the game, and grow up. You're worse than the chavs that hang around on street corners. You're a GEEK chav. The internet version of a chav. You have as much cool in you as Dwayne Dibley (see below/see Red Dwarf)
5-4l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.