$500,000,000 but you get kicked in the balls 3 times daily

$500,000,000 but you get kicked in the balls 3 times daily

• Total voters

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Re: $500,000,000 but you get kicked in the balls 3 times daily

I would kick the guy back in his balls every time he did it to me and we would make a fun game.
Gimme the money.

dangerdan

Digger

there is no way that i would take that deal

ToY

Weeder

I think I would get used to the pain after a while, although at first it would be excruciating pain lol. That is a lot of money though. You are smoking with your friends and it is time for your nut kickings, would be an interesting subject to explain :lol:

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator

It wouldn't be worth it for $500m. Whatever you do you're still going to end up with insufferable pain three times a day, which would be horrendous to deal with. You wouldn't be able to do much without (as many have said in this thread) proverbially looking over your shoulder. Nyet.

Charlie_B

Harvester

"Money can't buy happiness" is very much a refrain for those who are already well off. For the rest of the world, money can buy food, shelter, clean water and medicine. Think of how much good you could do with $500m - how many lives you could save, how many people you could help. A few kicks in the nuts is a small price to pay!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

It's arguable if food, shelter etc are happiness. Food and shelter provide a basis for you to become happy in my opinion, but in and of themselves rarely provide happiness unless you really love your house and the food you eat.

Yes you could do lots of good with 500m, but you could also do lots of good with less money and less pain.

rooney

Head Gardener

i would take the deal, donate it all to charitys, and then hide for the rest of my life. for the greater good.

ok i lie. i would higher people to kick me 3 times in the nuts at the begginning of the day to get it over and done with.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I can understand why this thread was made, I just cant understand why this thread has been going on for 4 pages.

You see thing is as simple as this:

Take a ruler, then hit with it to your thigh 3 times a day to exactly same spot... You will pretty soon understand that the pain gets much harder ever day. You just cant get used to it, no matter what kind of real damage it does, humans simply cant tolerate such pain.

So real question actually lies in that would you agree before getting hit to do something you know nothing about. To that answer is such simple as it is to whole deal, either you have not experienced what actual pain is or what it feels like to be hit to the balls really hard, or you have and you know that there is no such amount of money that human can made to take to sustain that.

Too simple end of the story.

Nitrous

Head Gardener

:roll:

Kill joy!

Charlie_B

Harvester

What condescending tripe Blackwolf. I've had raw alcohol poured over gaping wounds as a make-shift attempt at sterilization, and I'm sure others have suffered much more painful experiences (childbirth?) - yet you suggest "hit yourself with a ruler" so we know what pain feels like?

Millions of sick people live their lives every day live with horrendous pain when they could kill themselves and be free of it, or dope up to the eyeballs. Clearly, humans can tolerate pain - and much worse than a kick to the nuts. Perhaps you're made of weaker stuff, but asserting your own feelings as objective truth is nonsense. There are, of course, even masochists who derive pleasure from intense pain - where do they fit into your blinkered world view?

Alci - of course you can do some good with less pain, but significantly less than if you had $500m worth of resources. How yo define happiness doesn't really matter as long as you agree that the alleviation of suffering is a good thing.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I'm afraid that giving up my health, my life and lifestyle is not worth the good i could do with 500 million dollars. Period. Call me selfish, call me brutal and callous, but it's true. If we take your argument, i may as well just make the deal, give the 500 mill to charities, and off myself which doesn't seem like a good way to pursue my own happiness to me. The good does not outweigh the bad enough for me to take punishment three times a day for the rest of my life for the benefit of other people. I can do good without the pain, and would prefer it that way. Other people don't mean enough to me.... I would rather spend my measly 'whatever' dollar donation i give to charities every year and be able to happily do that for the rest of my life; than be able to do much good, with 500 mill at the expense of my own life.

Good thing no one has asked me to die for the sins of the world, eh? :p

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Charlie_B said:
What condescending tripe Blackwolf. I've had raw alcohol poured over gaping wounds as a make-shift attempt at sterilization, and I'm sure others have suffered much more painful experiences (childbirth?) - yet you suggest "hit yourself with a ruler" so we know what pain feels like?

Millions of sick people live their lives every day live with horrendous pain when they could kill themselves and be free of it, or dope up to the eyeballs. Clearly, humans can tolerate pain - and much worse than a kick to the nuts. Perhaps you're made of weaker stuff, but asserting your own feelings as objective truth is nonsense. There are, of course, even masochists who derive pleasure from intense pain - where do they fit into your blinkered world view?

As I said there are people who have been kicked to nuts and those who have not. What you remember as pain in the past is not the pain of the present. Also you must remember that humans do tolerate pain to very high extent if in exchange it is their life. In this case those people have no decision over that pain. This is where your arguement fails.

In this thread debate is about if you would take such pain in exchange of money. Answer is very simply if you have experienced such pain or not in the past and know what you would be exchanging money to. The thing about hitting with ruler is not about what pain feels like. It is about what continuous pain feels like. I bet after week of hitting to same spot and when it is very very sore you will get a clampse of what kind of pain you would need to tolerate.

As such I see this whole thread pretty boring and stupid. We might as well discuss of how to disarm the whole world or anything else as stupid and boring. Fact is that if you would need to get hit to balls for 2 weeks before getting that money and during that time you would have possibility to drop out 99.999999999% of people would do it.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

BlackWolf said:
The thing about hitting with ruler is not about what pain feels like. It is about what continuous pain feels like. I bet after week of hitting to same spot and when it is very very sore you will get a clampse of what kind of pain you would need to tolerate.

I doubt getting hit with a ruler would hurt that much, even if it was continuous. The wound wouldn't be severe enough to still be tender the next day. In fact, if anything, your skin would callus over and you wouldn't feel anything after a while. When I first started playing football my feet blistered like crazy, but after a couple of weeks they were fine.

Although your ruler example is incredibly stupid, I do agree that getting hit in the balls 3 times a day would get old pretty quick. I can't see testicle calluses doing you a lot of good.

Podunk

Head Gardener

Sure I'd do it for HALF A BILLION DOLLARS.

You know those shaolin monks? They are "immune" to getting hit in the nuts. So I'd figure out what they do to tolerate the pain.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

It seems a lot of people are missing the point.
The question is, imho, not specifically about kicks in the nuts, but about how far you would go for an insane pile of cash.
Would you let someone sleep with your girlfriend for 500 million? Would you let someone sleep with your girlfriend for a week for 500 million?
Would you accept 500 million if that meant you couldn't make a child with your girlfriend?
Would you give up the taste of delicious food, the sight (of beautiful girls amonst everything else) or your hearing (no more music) if it meant you could have enough money to end poverty in the entire world?
Or to save the life of the person dearest to you?

Podunk

Head Gardener

Idk, you're going too far with it. Its just getting kicked in the nuts here. Pain 3 times a day. I'm sure if you had a bad back you'd be in more pain than just having your nuts hurt a couple times a day.

Its all relative. There is nothing in the topic post that says you have to sacrifice anyone else but yourself. Though you're throwing in girlfriends and loved ones :|

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Podunk said:
Idk, you're going too far with it. Its just getting kicked in the nuts here. Pain 3 times a day. I'm sure if you had a bad back you'd be in more pain than just having your nuts hurt a couple times a day.

Its all relative. There is nothing in the topic post that says you have to sacrifice anyone else but yourself. Though you're throwing in girlfriends and loved ones :|
You miss my point entirely.
It was that you have to look beyond just getting kicked in the balls. When I read replies about "you'll get used to the pain" etc etc, it makes me think that this can hardly be the issue, because tbh, that wouldn't really be a scientific question more than a philosophical one.
What I was merely trying to say in my post, was that imho the question is how much you would accept for 500m, be it physical pain or be it emotional pain.
But ofcourse maybe I was, as you said, going too far with it.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

BlackWolf said:
As such I see this whole thread pretty boring and stupid. We might as well discuss of how to disarm the whole world or anything else as stupid and boring.

If you're that bored and find the thread this stupid I don't see anyone forcing you to read in it or post in it. The length of your post belies your statement but that's fine also :)

On that note, I think you might be onto something with the repetitive pain business, but i'm not sure. I think that it might take too long to build up an immunity to being 'sacked' as it were, before it was worth having the money. I also think that lots of people would take the money without thinking the consequences through. Also I'm sure some people wouldn't be 'crippled' as badly with pain as others when they get sacked. As people have noted in this thread some people are less affected by pain than others and have a much higher tolerance (or pain threshold) than others. Even still, a repetitive, 3 times daily agonizingly painful kick to the testicles would be, alas, too much for me. The benefits of having the money are simply not worth the costs for me.

Also Podunk: chronic pain is different than split second bursts of agonizing pain. People live with chronic pain because they have to; no one chooses to be kicked regularly in the testicles when they have the opposite choice. Or at least, no sensible people choose that way. :)

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

I actually have a very high tolerance for physical pain. I had my first 2 kids with no pain meds whatsoever. I've not taken a kick to the balls, but I have had my pubic bone broken and even though I was in pain it took Garrett a week to convince me to see a doctor.

On the other hand, money is not what motivates me. Yes I could find alot of ways to motivate myself with that much money but you have to think that eventually the fun or newness of having that much money would wear off as well.

So I guess what i'm saying is, I would sacrifice excrutiating pain 3x a day for something that really really meant something to me, I can't say I would make that decision for money alone though.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

With that amount of money I'm sure I could have them removed and kept safely in a jar then the kick wouldn't hurt mwhahahaa