100 pushups

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Basically everybody gave up. I think Mateen is working on it. I'll pick it back up if I ever shake this bug that's sapping all my energy.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Right then! Sargeant Major, marching up and down the square. 1,2...

No-Dachi

Official Helper
While this is indeed an exhausting workout plan, I was unable to keep up with the steep progress it demanded and have returned to my own plan. But I'm working on my way to a hundred :)

dan_da_man

Planter
well i had to see what all this fuss was about with this website, and reading about many of your push up achievements is quite frankly hilarious.

Intial test: 79
which puts me on what week 4/5.

21 pushups shouldnt be too difficult to master..

tbf i do go gym 3 times a week

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I fail to see what is hilarious about people trying to improve their level of fitness..

You made 79. Congratulations, work your way up to 100 well performed push ups, and then work on doing e.g. 3x50 with 30 second rest between each set. Or try to reach 50 one handed ;)

No matter what shape you're in it's the effort you put in that matters, not how many kilos or reps you do.. and that you continue to improve. That you work with yourself to reach your goal every single (trainin)day - no matter if it's a small thing or a three hours intensive workout.

dan_da_man

Planter
you are correct nothing is wrong with improving their fitness, what i found funny was some peoples level or fitness already.

DaRKGoD

Digger
While this is indeed an exhausting workout plan, I was unable to keep up with the steep progress it demanded and have returned to my own plan. But I'm working on my way to a hundred :)
While this is indeed an exhausting workout plan, I was unable to keep up with the steep progress it demanded and have returned to my own plan.
While this is indeed an exhausting workout plan, I was unable to keep up with the steep progress it demanded
I was unable to keep up with the steep progress it demanded
I was unable to keep up with the steep progress
I was unable to keep up
I was unable
I

The enemy of the best is the good.

... Krav Maga ain`t no excuse <3

Last edited:

lavadog

Head Gardener
I'm on week 4 too, but I couldn't keep up with the third column anymore, so I switched to the middle one

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Originally I started from week one and got up to the beginning of week 4 then kept forgetting to do it. So I restarted on week 3 a couple of weeks back and have been making progress:

Initial:40
week 3, day 1:27
week 3, day 2:30
week 3, day 3:30
week 4, day 1:35
week 4, day 2:40
week 4, day 3:45
Exhaustion:50

Starting week 5 today.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
helps to watch baywatch or something like that to keep you motivated during pushups

Forwyn

Pruner
Thanks for the wrist tip No-Dachi.

Because of the way I slept for, like, 15 years(on my side, right arm curled up, right hand/wrist curled down), I've had some pain issues there for a while now - it was brought to my attention when I was doing a rock climb and a 200lb Army guy working the fake cliff grabbed my harness to mess around, adding his weight to my measly 150lb that I was pulling. I ended up pulling free, but a couple hours later the pain really hit me. After that my right hand was useless for about a solid week.

Changed my sleeping position, use tape sometimes, but haven't tried the manuals. The wrist strength was what kept me from doing reps above 30.

Time to try again.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Another thing you can do is to buy a pair of push ups handles. They are quite cheap, and relieves a lot of tension for the wrists, without adding the pain for your knuckles (although in my opinion, mainly because I do martial arts, that's just another added benefit).

Have you tried doing pushups on your knuckles opposed to on your hands?

Forwyn

Pruner
Yeah. I'd say, no tape included, I can get another 10-15 pushups squeezed into a set before it starts to bother me, knuckles over no knuckles.

I've considered checking with a Phys. Therapist, but I've put it off since I've only just turned 20, and its only been a year or so since picking up a fork felt like someone was slowly amputating my hand.

Forwyn

Pruner
Almost like a muscle but with pain :p it never hurts without exercising. I'm able to lift everything as normal, just the pushups seem to bring it out. I haven't had that problem with the bench-press, I imagine because of positioning.

If I had to describe it, I'd say if I'm able to go 30 pushups with an ache, after a 5 minute rest I can probably do 25 before it returns.

Palm down, the pain is in the main ligament area, between the knobby outer wrist bone(Ulna?) and the hand. I'd say outer half, the inner half doesn't give me much trouble.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Week 5 finished, only just managed the last set on day 3 though. :-/

week 5, day 1:43
week 5, day 2:45
week 5, day 3:50