100 pushups

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
So i just saw this link in another room and i want to put it to the test :D Most likely i won't have the motivation to go through it if i try alone so if there are others that want to give it a go let's flex our muscles over here. Takes only a couple minutes a day and we can have a good laugh i guess :D

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

Morale boost speech:
You guys know how much you like the movies where a bunch of nerds make their basketball team and at the end they win the championship ? You can be those nerds ! You can live that dream ! All it takes is will to work out 30 minutes a week. Who cares if you're fat, if others will be laughing at you and say (s)he won't make it. If you want to be proud of yourself in 6 weeks with such a small effort join NBA. You can do it ! Believe ! :D

NBA (nerd biceps army) consists of:

DarkSider - 16 Rank 3
Mongo - Rank 3
toby - 24 Rank 3
TheNamelessWonder - Rank 3
Alci - 18 Rank 3
Benny - 19 Rank 3
Tiff - 11 Rank 2 QUITTER ! <3
jeff - 40 Rank 4
atsan - 20 Rank 3
Nitrous - 17 Rank 3
Polo - 26 Rank 3
Steve - 18 Rank 3
Souls - 22 Rank 3
timtadams - 40 rank 4
Jimbo - 68 rank 5
Tana - 18 rank 3
Slabbe - 24 Rank 3
Dachi - Rank 3
Twigley - 18 Rank 3
Welshie - 20 Rank 3
Anth - 27 Rank 3
Mysterious - 21 Rank 3
Cyrus - 20 Rank 3
vannila - 25 Rank 3
bobbin - 5 Rank 1
Slaves - 14
Nickk - 23
Forwyn - 25
Alvestein - 18
Martin - 30
Pantz - 23

[h:36kc0sxc]We started ![/h:36kc0sxc]

I'll write here the progress :D

[f:36kc0sxc]Week 1 :[/f:36kc0sxc]

Day 1:

Souls (5th set 25 :O )
TheNamelessWonder
Alci (5th set 12)
Nitrous (5th set 10)

Day 2:

TheNamelessWonder (5th set 25)
Nitrous ( 5th set 15)
Alci (5th set 13)
Tana (5th set 15, armpit hurts :D)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Re: 100 pushups

Ok i did the initial test .. 16 pushups and i'm seeing green santa's flying around the room :'(

mrmongo

Harvester

heh well i did 40 tonight at karate in sets of 10 with 30 single leg squat thrusts inbetween each set of 10...with no resting. gimme a few months and ill get the 100 :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Initial test I did 24. A couple of them probably weren't full push-ups though, so I'll say I actually did 20.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

<Nameless> meh sign me up, i'll do the thing, though i may lose motivation and give up 2 weeks in

:p

Gonna start with an estimate that I can do 20 now, it's probably nearly accurate...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I'm in :p did 18 pushups \o/

First pushups i've probably done in about 6 years lol...

Illumination

Head Gardener

I did 11, but Id rather have to jog 3 miles than do another. Go get 'em boys and count me out!! Thanks for the link though DS!

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

ASS !
You're one of the asian midgets tho so it's easyer :p

Illumination

Head Gardener

Now you say the Asians have it easier? I was just told on msn that I have 2 natural "springs" that help me....

I think someone is looking for justification of some sort.... :p

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Illumination said:
Now you say the Asians have it easier? I was just told on msn that I have 2 natural "springs" that help me....

I think someone is looking for justification of some sort.... :p

I'll beat them all who start with under 20 :p

Nitrous

Head Gardener

Wow, only 12. :|

April last year I was doing 30-40 at a time, haven't exercised regularly since then, really makes a difference. :|

Count me in definetly.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Nitrous said:
Wow, only 12. :|

April last year I was doing 30-40 at a time, haven't exercised regularly since then, really makes a difference. :|

Count me in definetly.

Heh. I remember the first time I played a football game last year after a long break of doing no exercise. I started off running around without really thinking about it and after about 5 minutes I felt like throwing up.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Alcibiades said:
First pushups i've probably done in about 6 years lol...
Same. Managed 26.

Steve_God

Official Helper

I'll have a go... was planning on doing a bit of exercise this year :p

Day 1: Initial Test: 18 !
Updates: (These will be every 2 days, as I'm going to do sit-ups and press-ups on alternative days)
Day 3: 20
Day 5: 25
Day 7: 28
Day 9: 29

Souls

Official Helper

Jesus, I haven't done pushups in forever. :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer

That was for my own ease of access :p This is quite a convenient way of tracking my progress. I like looking back and seeing how ive improved

Just managed 40

I dont think ive done any in over a year, thats what happens when you start playing soccer for fun with your mates ;) good times...

Updates:
Starting week three:

Day One: Finished on 25, i didnt think i could make the 20, but yay! :D and im doing them at 11:30 at night after work and with two dinners in me :shock: now for situps
Day Two: Last set i made the 25, but only just, i collapsed on the last one and waited a minute before i struggled to push myself up
Day Three: 30. And i didnt struggle as much as i did to get 25 on day 2. Getting better :D

Week 4:

Day One: 32. That was the min, lol, shakin like jelly those last few, barely did it :S day two will be a challenge. But then again id already done like 50 today in sets of 10...
Day Two: OMG, 45. I cant beleive it
Day Two: day three killed me. the last five up to 40 in that last set were soo hard, so ive actually gone backwards from 45 to 40...

im gonna give myself 2 days rest for the next exhaustion test

results from exhaustion test = 47...
wierd, only a bit better, im sure i couldve done more a week ago

Week 5:

Day One: eeeek! 34. Fail! needed 40 :S looks like i will be repeating this week again :(
Day One: 8th set got target of 45. Maybe i wont have to repeat this week :D

Uni got in the way :(, but...

Starting again! 15th May

Initial test: 44, and it wasnt too much of a struggle

Week 3:

Day One: Smashed the target of 20 with 30. Got a bit of a leg up this time with fitness training for soccer :D
Did it again before i went to bed and got 20 in the fifth set, barely...
Day Two: Beat 25 with 30. And repeated that result before i went to bed. lol, im doing it twice within 5 hours (happay :D)
Day Three: Beat 28 with 32, and when repeated before bed i just made 28, which im pretty proud of :D

Week 4:

Day One: Just made 32, but i did 10 before restarting, and accidentally did the first two sets from week 5 (that made an extra 40 pushups in total 0_o)
And made the 32 on the repeat :D hehe, im liking this so far (lol, added em up and that makes 300 pushups exactly today)
Day Two: beat 36 wit 40, didnt do twice though, as already did some at training
Day Three: made the 40, and didnt do it twice, no time, meh

Exhaustion test: 60! oo yeah :D

Week 5:

Day One: pushed out to 56 (target 40), although i gave myself 2-3 min rest rather than 1 for that last set :/
Day Two: 8th set beat 45 with 60, and then did another 30 just cause i could. Did it again at night, getting 45. Then did sets for day five 15 min later and made the 50. did another 25 to get daily total to > 600
Day Three: beat 50 with 58. Put in quite an effort to get that. Did it again and made 50. Did another two sets of 50.

Exhaustion test for the sake of it: 65

Week 6:

Day One: Got 60 *puff* 5th set. Target *puff* 55. Dunno how i managed it. Barely go the 55 on the 2nd set. bleh :p
Did it again tonight and got 55. Though the last 5 were not too awesome, and i would say more like 54.5, but meh, already did it :D
Day Two: ****. Barely made the 55 that 9th set :p, at least i find comfort knowing im following week three and only one day to go...I really question whether i will be able to do it. I tried this again, but slowly and died 4th set :S
Day Three: I thought i would fail. I admit i had more than 45 seconds rest for the last four sets (1-2 min). It got easier as i went along, I just started pumping em faster and i did 50 in the last set without stopping, then smashed 60 with 70 easy (couldve done a few more if i had too). Haha, get read Polo, im gonna overtake you ;D

Made 50 before giving up, tried later and got 94. Wouldve done week six again but damn uni exams got in the way :(

Week 3 (doing knuckle pushups: max = 30. They're significantly harder) folllowing column three again
day one: only made 16 (target 20) These pushups are bloody harder :S
day 2: skipped it :S
day three: failed 4th set (18 instead of 20) and failed last (20 instead of 28)

week 3 (repeat)
day one: carked it on 15 :S although i did do em nice and slow, and with shorter rests than last week.

Last edited:

Jimbo2189

Pruner

68 :), tbh i wiegh **** all so its not that big of an achievment. and i used to do 100 per day for karate training about 2 years ago so its actually quite i poor effort