UK General Election 2010

UK General Election 2010

• I'm not a registered UK voter, I just felt the need to take part/see the results.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I'm unable to vote this year.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I'm voting Conservatives.

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • I'm voting Labour.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I'm voting Liberal Democrats.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • I'm voting another party/independant.

• I'm going to spoil my ballot paper intentionally.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I don't know who to vote for yet, but I want to vote.

• I'm not voting. I care, but I support nobody.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not going to bother voting - I don't care.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Alvestein

Garden Designer
huzah! im all on my loneseome in the "can't vote this year" category!

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I'm not voting because I don't give a **** about politics (plus I'm not planning on living in the country long enough to see it be destroyed even more ¬_¬).

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

The problem I'd see with the Green Party, is that although their policy in some areas seems very reasonable, they would completely prioritise their policy in environment (obviously) and environmental aspects of other areas (e.g. their economic/transport policy), and these are policies that are actually less agreeable.

Interesting to hear that, I thought I was one of the only ones that really genuinely cares about (strongly) us constructing more, and improved, nuclear power stations. I think it's a crying shame that the "Green lobbyists" have effectively removed the government's willingness to plough ahead with one of the key fuels we really need and would do a lot for us... "nuclear power" became a dirty phrase that government's were afraid of. I was a bit horrified to only see it mentioned by UKIP.

I've always been in favour of our investment in the development of nuclear power. It's efficient, clean, safe and although non-renewable, there is certainly not yet a shortage in minerals. The problem as ever, are the ignorant lobbyists who just label anything with 'nuclear' as bad. I recall Blair havering to the lobbyists after initially saying that the government would back a scheme to expand our nuclear energy facilities are few years back. That was when I lost faith in the current Labour government.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Though it's quite funny to see somebody agree with the green party on so many policies except the one policy the green party would actually bother doing anything about - the environment :p But yeah, seriously 55.56% green party!? Ewww! I'd be ashamed too. I know somebody that ended up 75% BNP, 25% green party, which I'd be far more ashamed about than your results!

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Though it's quite funny to see somebody agree with the green party on so many policies except the one policy the green party would actually bother doing anything about - the environment :p But yeah, seriously 55.56% green party!? Ewww! I'd be ashamed too. I know somebody that ended up 75% BNP, 25% green party, which I'd be far more ashamed about than your results!

I think the problem was that I just went with the ones who had the shortest and most easily understandable policies :p

All the more serious ones confused me.

Darryl

Head Gardener
Not really ashamed of mine tbh but:
http://voteforpolicies.org.uk/survey/results/4BC07B6DB6C28

Came out as I thought... I agree with the non racist part of the BNP and am going to vote Lib Dems so cheers for the site Azzer

Yeah, the non-racist part of the BNP...Like their immigration policy.

I'm not going to call the people who have high BNP percentages on here racist. Maybe you are, but not necessarily. Their party works hard to disguise their real intentions behind policies that don't sound too objectionable. In this sort of "blind test", when you only see their words, and not what their real beliefs are, it's not too surprising that some of their policies are approved.

I just hope that no one on here falls for the front, you know what they're really about, I'm sure. I fear, however, that some could be foolish enough to take them at face value, and it'd be catastrophic.

Last edited:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Ofcourse people know what they are about.
Their core are racists with extreme views.

But some, not all, of their policies and some of the points Griffin makes are correct, imo.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh shi-

Should I be worried?

Not really, no one party has solid policies on everything - that's a pretty good spread. And your BNP agreement wasn't with immigration... I'd say you've got a pretty sensible spread of agreements there! My only deep concern is agreeing with the Green Party on their environmental policies :p

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Not really ashamed of mine tbh but:
http://voteforpolicies.org.uk/survey/results/4BC07B6DB6C28

Came out as I thought... I agree with the non racist part of the BNP and am going to vote Lib Dems so cheers for the site Azzer

Yeah, the non-racist part of the BNP...Like their immigration policy.

I'm not going to call the people who have high BNP percentages on here racist. Maybe you are, but not necessarily. Their party works hard to disguise their real intentions behind policies that don't sound too objectionable. In this sort of "blind test", when you only see their words, and not what their real beliefs are, it's not too surprising that some of their policies are approved.

I just hope that no one on here falls for the front, you know what they're really about, I'm sure. I fear, however, that some could be foolish enough to take them at face value, and it'd be catastrophic.
Yeh I believe illegal immigrants shouldn't be in the country. I don't see how that is racist? Anybody who is legally allowed to be in the UK should be allowed to be in the UK.

Bruce666

Harvester
I want too vote for the raving loony party BUT...as it is pretty much a wasted vote and without screaming lord sutch i will vote for the conservatives as either them or labour will win, and labour have screwed the government up for years we need a change

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bruce - the belief that you HAVE to vote for the party that you think will win, rather than the party you believe in, is the belief that tends to ruin this country and undermines democracy. Vote for the party you would actually want to see making a positive change to the country, not just the party you think will win. If everyone did that, the country might see some improvements :)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes but only 2 parties have a chance, and labour suck, Gordon brown is a complete idiot

You don't vote for the parties you think have a chance. This isn't like gambling where you're trying to win some money! Pretend all parties have an entirely equal chance for a moment. Which party do you support the most? There you go. Vote that one. If everyone did that, we might get some real change. Don't think the conservatives can offer any positive change. They will certainly bring change, but it may be of an incredibly negative type. And I wouldn't vouch for Labour anymore either. Many people will be voting for other parties because of - if anything - all the corruption and scandals that have been proven with many of the MP's (still standing!) from the two main parties... which means other parties have a chance of, if not winning outright, then of earning more seats at least - and every seat gives them power. Help the party you support gain more power, even if they might not win the election outright :)

Bruce666

Harvester
well The raving loony party as they make me laugh otherwise i would vote BNP just too get rid of the immigrants , they aint stealing my job as its impossible too steal my company BUT i feel sorry for the english people that cant get jobs

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
All immigrants, or just the illegal ones? I hate it when people mix the two up :p But if you support the BNP and you agree with their policies, your local BNP candidate is a person you think to be a decent person for the job of MP, and you think the BNP would run this country in a fair manner to all giving equality to those that deserve it (not just being racist and unfair to EVERYONE regardless of "illegal" status or not purely because of their backgrounds...) then by all means you should vote for the party you believe in... NOT just vote conservatives or Labour "because I only want to vote for the WINRAR!" (a terrible attitude! It's not about voting for the winner, it's about voting for who you would like to see running the entire country, all areas of it... nobody will congratulate you for 'voting for the winner' when you don't even support the 'winner', that's possibly worse than not voting at all!).

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Yes but only 2 parties have a chance, and labour suck, Gordon brown is a complete idiot

That kind of thinking is WHY only one of those two parties will win.

Although personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a hung parliament.

Gooner

Head Gardener
Great so I went through the survey and the immigration section messed up :(

anyways I'll either vote Labour (Apparently Gordon's about to dominate with his economic recovery program and surge out of recession)
or Lib Dem (Because I feel sorry for them )