Round 52 Awards

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
It's that time again! List your choices for the following options! Keep your discussions for the discussion thread please.

Alliance of the round

Best Offensive Alliance

Best Defensive Alliance

Honourable Mention Alliance

Worst Alliance

Best Leader

Worst Leader

Player of the Round - Allied

Player of the Round - Solo

Best Offensive Player

Best Defensive Player

Honourable Mention Player

Worst Player

Best Moment of the Round

Worst Moment of the Round

minifreak

Pruner
Alliance of the round - Efficacy

Best Offensive Alliance - Efficacy

Best Defensive Alliance - Efficacy for the whole round but AM put up a good fight.

Honourable Mention Alliance - COG I certainly had fun fighting you.

Worst Alliance - I don't think there is one.

Best Leader - Martin

Worst Leader - Alevo for accepting me!

Player of the Round - Allied - Martin for planning and attacking and addicted for his relentless will to win.

Player of the Round - Solo - Edd or James. I think Edd takes it slightly.

Best Offensive Player - Martin

Best Defensive Player - Taxx or Weedman

Honourable Mention Player - Fear of Cottonballs [8568] - whoever this person is. Good banter and doesn't mind a fight and plays the game the right way.

Worst Player - The overly angry person. Can't remember their ID but we got a lot of abuse for simply defending against them.

Best Moment of the Round - All the YOLO's we had.

Worst Moment of the Round - being so far behind on land and all my targets in sleep! :-(

Chris_

Head Gardener
Alliance of the round
Bustin' Nuts - just too pro

Best Offensive Alliance
Bustin' Nuts - stole more seeds than all you other noobs combined

Best Defensive Alliance
Bustin' Nuts - I don't see any other allies blocking bots like we do, l2p noobs

Bustin' Nuts

Worst Alliance
COG

Best Leader
Caz

Worst Leader
Dax (for COG)

Yochoko - saved me many times with those hippies

Ed - pro bounty hunting, pro playing, pro overall

Best Offensive Player
Caz - best seed thief of all time

Best Defensive Player
Yochoko - them hippies

Silence - donation king

Worst Player
Anyone in COG

Best Moment of the Round
Getting glorious title/joining Bustin' nuts

Leaving Bustin' nuts near the start

Kingdroid

Head Gardener

Best Offensive Alliance - Efficacy: Efficient killing of two alliances. Noone else did half as much.

Best Defensive Alliance - Aftermath: Can't really compete with Dax's insane extremist activity. Not to mention the rest of em.

Honourable Mention Alliance - Scallywags: For sticking around through that whole lame-ass COG thing

Worst Alliance - TAP: Not much to say here. Really just embarrassing.

Best Leader - Martin/Addicted: I can't say enough about these two, though much of it has probably been said many times before. Amazing planners offensively and defensively, despite being super busy irl. SUper fun to play with.

Worst Leader - Timmiejj (he led TAP, right?)

Player of the Round - Allied - Minifreak: Simply because he was super selfless, always willing to sacrifice dogs for others to get land if he got on too late for the attack. Never complained about it, and always happy to help. Always got on as well whenever we needed him. Sorry form giving you so much **** early in the round.

Player of the Round - Solo - edd

Best Offensive Player - Martin

Best Defensive Player - Dax: Go to sleep. Seriously.

Honourable Mention Player - Webby: For coming out of retirement (playingn ftw even though he planned on quitting) and being a real bro.
Seetal: played really well, and was quite active. good player.

Worst Player - Zakkgard: I don't want to be talking **** about my own allymates too much, but seriously. Always missed attacks, never got on to pranks.

Best Moment of the Round - TAP disintegrating and having the round firmly in our grasp.

Worst Moment of the Round - Suiciding onto AM because i thought i had recalled :(

Last edited:

Addicted

Weeder
* Alliance of the round - Efficacy - We won the round

* Best Offensive Alliance - Efficacy - Didn't see anyone else doing much

* Best Defensive Alliance - Efficacy/Aftermath - Efficacy fended off numerous resistance hits throughout the day and night and killed anyone else that tried to hit us. Aftermath did great defensive work when they rebuilt and reformed again, made us recall numerous times even with larger numbers, well done!

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Scallywags - for still existing with a full crew

* Worst Alliance - TAP - For reasons that are quite obvious, was expecting much more out of this alliance but in the end did nothing

* Best Leader - Martin - By far the best leader, always vocal always knows what to do in pretty much every situation and kept us all in check and on track

* Worst Leader - None to me

* Player of the Round - Allied - Webvictim and Seb - our PB players, our offensive anchors in the beginning of the round and during our resistance defense efforts
Martin - Stellar offensive and defensive planning, first to SA and completely owned the route
Souls - Always active and one of our nighttime covers

* Player of the Round - Solo - The solo group that stayed at the top, dooboo, IAS and edd - well done you guys stayed at the top for pretty much most of the round and played well as solos.

* Best Offensive Player - Spike - got people motivated into sending on attacks and actually making people send when AM got too big
JJB - For sending stealth attacks on us and trying to get something out of it, he did catch us off guard a few times rolling his stealth

* Best Defensive Player:
Spike - Was our temporary pom player, he was very active for the week and always came online to defend any attack
Decap - Pom player that always came online and was active enough to be our defensive anchor during the night
Martin - Our best SA player and was always there to defend and was there to plan defense
MiniFreak - Active, always there to defend with his dogs and hoolies
Hippie - Our nighttime cover for pretty much the rest of the round
Taxx - Active and dogs, nuff said

* Honourable Mention Player - Webvictim - For being forced into playing another FTW round even though he couldn't due to rl stuff and also playing a route which required him to be very active in the start of the round.
Kingdroid - A great person to have in an alliance, he tried planning attacks for his first time and did a job well done as that sealed our victory, he was willing to plan attacks and get **** going, great addition for anyone.
Martin - Leadership, defensive and offensive planning.

* Worst Player - None to me

* Best Moment of Round - Putting AM members into sleep mode and killing off what was remaining from TAP. Winning the round to get sleep back.

* Worst Moment of Round - Planning defense against resistance hits during midterm exam week for me, brutal ****!

Rooster

Harvester
Alliance of the round - Eff

Honourable Mention Alliance- ScallyWags, not all of us deserving, but a bunch of us are.

Worst Alliance -Tie- COG/Raged

Worst Leader- Raged leader

Honourable Mention Player-

Worst Player- this guy- DW582 [7516]

Best Moment of the Round
1. Raged declaring war on us only to be killed off with 0 of us getting killed.
2. COG collapse( with hopefully us doing our part in sealing their fall)

BuBbLeS

Harvester
Best Moment of the Round - Having fun massing tactors and getting land

Worst Moment of the Round - Returning back to this dead game to realise how **** it was.

d00ner

Pruner
Alliance of the round
Eff- All said and done, you won.

Best Offensive Alliance
Eff- Nobody else was up to much.

Best Defensive Alliance
Aftermath- We were seriously outnumbered a few times, and put up a bloody good fight.

Aftermath- Honestly the best 'social' group I have had the pleasure of playing alongside since I came back. Apart from insomn. My eyes are still burning.

Worst Alliance
TAP- I dont need to explain.

Best Leader
Martin/alevo- again, you won.

Worst Leader
TAP- Organising was a pain in the bum, nobody stood up and took charge.

Dax- Its sometimes hard to play extremists, but somehow pulled it off. Insane activity/determination. Also, for saving me from a round of solo boredom.

Edd. Pain in the bum.

Best Offensive Player
JJB- constant stealth in all directions.

Best Defensive Player
Dax- Having those ext/fanatics turned those BR's.

Antisback- Proving that just as I think I know 95% of the games mechanics, He still knows 10x more.

Worst Player
Theres probably 100's, but cant single anyone out.

Best Moment of the Round
That huge BR with Eff. I cant be sure, but 99% sure that every troop in the alliance was in that.

The last week- We all know who won, who lost etc. Bored now.

Last edited:

Amanala

Harvester
Phew! What an epic round... So close, right up until the very end.

Alliance of the Round: The Bemusement Park, hands down! You guys held together through thick and thin. You didn't win, but never before have I seen such displays of dedication, tenacity and team-work.

Best Offensive Alliance: Aftermath, because well... You guys won. Well done.

Best Defensive Alliance: The statistics don't lie -- IceOfFire! You guys didn't lose a single acre all round! I don't think I've ever seen such an accomplishment before, and I doubt I'll ever see it again.

Honourable Mention Alliance: You guys tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end you didn't win! Bad luck, c'est la vie. There is always next round though! :D

Worst Alliance: OMGPoP, still; After all these years. Lest we forget.

Best Leader: Nightmare, you steered Aftermath to a rank #1 finish. Well done bud, well done. Major props to you.

Worst Leader: JJBrosandjl, for your rampant account-sharing. I like you, but not cool bro, not cool.

Player of the Round - Allied: IceOfFire. That activity, that contactability -- 24/7! What more can be expected?

Player of the Round - Solo: Dax, for leading an epic solo group! Well played nigra: Kudos to you!

Best Offensive Player: Again the statistics speak for themselves! Zaheen for sure, a strategist second-to-none.

Best Defensive Player: Zebax, for being super-contactable, and for never losing a dog in vain.

Honourable Mention Player: Martin! Hang in there buddy, never give up. You'll make it to the big leagues one day.

Worst Player: As per usual, Stargayzer. Always Stargayzer.

Best Moment of Round: Pummeling Efficacy into the ground! Depriving them of their rank #1 finish.

Worst Moment of Round: There were no bad moments, like I said before: An epic round, action-packed. A photo finish.

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Cue long post, as we cycled like 40 people in our alliance this round somehow.

Alliance of the round: Eff. Always were due the win. Arranged a resistance in the faint hope we'd see some sort of exciting round - But the incompetency of others is always a stinging reminder when it actually comes around to expecting things of others.
Well deserved, although in this day and age the used approach by Eff really wasn't necessary. Could have saved yourself a whole heap of time/effort/targets by just taking it easy like we were.

Best Offensive Alliance: Aftermath. Look at the statistics. If I'd have had my way, every solo would have died in our range. I wasn't rousing everybody with a big speech for the umpteenth time to see it happen, though - So the solos eventually got far larger than I wanted them to get. Sad times.

Best Defensive Alliance: Eff. We don't deserve this. I've had the frustrating experience of having to watch historically non-stupid people do very stupid things in either defence or offence this round within our group.

Honourable Mention Alliance: COG. Tried playing the big boy game, but the leadership and the night cover simply couldn't hack it. Lack of enthusiasm to defend properly, and the inability overall by some of the more vital routes meant they simply caved in under what I saw as minimal pressure. Otherwise? Bustin'. Good effort, chaps.

Worst Alliance: TAP. JFC, what a total shambles. I hope I never have to encounter some of you ever again within this game.

Best Leader: Martin/Addicted. I'd been talking to Martin for pretty much the entire early stage of the round, and I knew he had his sights on winning.

Worst Leader: Alevo. You didn't even lead, for Christ's sake. I really don't get why you get given roles as a leader when the fact of the matter is you simply aren't a FTW leader. No offence chap, it's just a fact. Martin was always leading, not you.

Player of the Round - Allied: I have a fair few of these to hand out, so I'll begin.

d00ner - Astounding alliance player. 110% reliability and dedication. I could always count on you from day 1.
Amanala - My homie as per usual. Took a while to get him where he belonged, but as always he dons the night.
Garrett - From day 1 I knew you were a person to put trust in. Despite packing in contactability and excessive activity, you were awesome.
Ant - Always been able to rely on a good compadre. The noob guides to Bushtarion were a round highlight.
Alpha - Liam is always reliable. Literally, always. Good to have him back from retirement again.
Prime - I find he can be a bit dense on occasion, but the guy has the heart and mind to have been a pretty astounding player had he have cropped up properly in the days of old.
Nici - The little lady with the battleaxe. Couldn't have picked a better person to play Vampires. Played like a baws. End of story.
Bubbles - Hit the ground running with us. Been a bit stroppy, but nothing a good flailing couldn't solve.

There were a lot of people that contributed heavily this round that didn't end up in the final 20, but those of you that did your bit valiantly were made aware of this before you parted ways with us. Socially, it's been a fantastic round and practically everybody I took on was a pretty sterling player.

Player of the Round - Solo: Edd & Iamsmart. I called it three days after coming out of our troll sleep mode purely on your activity charts and your methods (I have a Whatsapp log that supports this claim, also). Solid efforts by both.

Best Offensive Player: It's a flip between Prime and Edd. Flip your own coins and have the decision for yourselves.

Best Defensive Player: d00ner/Alpha. 'Nuff said.

Honourable Mention Player: Everyone in COG that were simply not used to playing in the level you were playing at. Sorry you all got flattened, but I had a noble and fun cause in mind when I asked you to build up.

Worst Player: Jesse - Your attitude and your behaviour within an alliance is appalling. I genuinely never wish to see you in one of my groups again, allied or solo. You were argumentative, pig-headed, and frankly stupid. You argued with people that have been playing for nearly as long as you've been alive, which was hilarious.

Best Moment of the Round: Discussing us all hitting sleep mode for 2 weeks so we could chill out and watch Eff have absolutely nobody to effectively attack. It worked beautifully and I was laughing hysterically when I checked the score ranges the day before we all came out of sleep.

Worst Moment(s) of the Round: Just reminded myself that there are in fact two pivotal nightmare moments this round:

1) The initial resistance. People too interested in opening their mouths and talking total crap, rather than presenting any kind of commitment or effort to a common goal. You all died because you didn't check your attacks, then rushed to blame everybody else for your own blatant inadequacies. The moment I realised how few of you were capable of partaking/assisting in any kind of resistance should have been the moment I just called for us to flatten you outright instead (I personally would have garnered far more entertainment from that eventuality). Tip of the hat goes to Macky & Redlion, though. Top chaps who did make concerted efforts to rally people to keep the cause alive.

2) Probably a weekend recently when I hit sleep for the first legitimate time on a Saturday night, and came out of sleep to everybody basically being dead because nobody had any idea who to contact and how to plan defence. I knew I was dealing with serious organisation issues after this, and I pretty much haven't been able to hit sleep since (even if I needed to).

Last edited:

Yochoko

Head Gardener
i was totally agree'ing with Chris' awards but a little add-on came up! so, here it is:

Worst Player of any time apparently! - Jesse

Private Sent by: Poms to cheat Mon 21st Apr, 2014. 23:26:51 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
u should let me bribe some nanos

you little man, playing big, buddy.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Alliance of the round - Otiose. Because really, who else would you choose?

On another note, with me averaging 1.09 hours a day activity, spending at least half the round in the top 100 without teching past stunbots, launching a total of 0 hostile mobs, and finishing in a rank 4 alliance, awards seem a bit pointless. At this point they are more or less a participation prize.

All hail the triumvirate of negativity (we're signing up David Moyes)

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
Alliance of the round - Efficacy, won the round in a week without giving anyone else a chance

Best Offensive Alliance - Efficacy, putting people in there place when we could be bothered.

Best Defensive Alliance - Aftermath, they were the only alliance i've really been able to attack and they've done a reasonable job making my life a pain in the ass.

Honourable Mention Alliance - Scallywags, coming from below to end up in 3rd. maybe second if you get lucky =P

Worst Alliance - TAP, sorry but you guys folded really quite badly. I know there were RL issues, but it still didn't look good.

Best Leader - Martin, did some last minute recruiting for the alliance and then used some brutal efficiency to dispatch of the opposition.

Worst Leader - Martin for dragging me back this round to play again, Dax for arguments sake and Timmiejj for TAP fail =P

Player of the Round - Allied - Seetal, has been a great help in any attakcs and defence in which we've organised. Pretty much always answers the call to get online.

Player of the Round - Solo - the solo triangle of Edd, Dooboo and IAS. Great round start and held your own against all of us for the rest of the round. Thoroughly deserve your current ranks.

Best Offensive Player - Either Edd or that Harrier guy who was doing all the bounty hunting early on in the round.

Best Defensive Player - Both of Martin and Addicted who were always on hand to throw in a few hundred million SAs to scare off any threats.

Honourable Mention Player - Gazzy, Kuro and Decap, just because #bushclub4lyf =P lol

Worst Player - Jesse, do not approve of your tactics at the start of the round which is why i've been constantly attacking you.

Best Moment of the Round - Realising with about 10 days to go that i could be the guy with the most land.

Worst Moment of the Round - going away on holiday on the second weekend of the round, only to come back and see that we'd already won and i hadn't been involved at all =(

Gokualex

Harvester
Best moment of the round: Most Hurting: Captain Levi [1587] has lost 3,681 land in a single tick.

Yeadon

Harvester
We all know Efficacy did what they had to do to grab the win. Nothing else really matters.

Well done guys. You bossed it.

Elevnos

BANNED

Best Offensive Alliance - Efficacy

Best Defensive Alliance - Efficacy

Honourable Mention Alliance - ScallyWags for being there!

Worst Alliance - None really

Best Leader - Martin

Worst Leader - Myself for not even leading, Martin made it very easy for me so eventually I just lost interest altogether and let him do it >.<

Player of the Round - Allied - Martin, crazy active throughout. Best leader and player.

Player of the Round - Solo - Edd I guess!

Best Offensive Player - Can't remember as I stopped being active.

Best Defensive Player - Can't remember as I stopped being active.

Honourable Mention Player - Everybody in Efficacy :)

Worst Player - Me of course!

Best Moment of the Round - Winning.

Worst Moment of the Round - Winning too easily and losing interest for the majority of the round.

Gazzy

Head Gardener
Here is my random musings on the round ...

Alliance of the round - ScallyWags. Only alliance I was in that didn't collapse.
Best Offensive Alliance - Efficacy. When that first wave hit I knew it was over. I said it then, and I'll say it now - Bravo!
Best Defensive Alliance - Otiose and Bustin' Nuts were always pulling their weight, despite clearly being inactive and likely UC. Hope to see more casual alliances like that in future rounds.
Honourable Mention Alliance - Raged Shadow's. How are you still there?? Tenacity to the core!
Worst Alliance - COG. Joining you was a mistake. More fool me.
Best Leader - Martin for leading. Alevo because he actually started the alliance, bringing a solid core from Asc.
Worst Leader - Dax. Aside from the fact that I don't like you, your resistance planning was shambolic and you refused to take on board feedback. You then strung along COG and played them for fools. Way to scare off new players. Yes they were mostly noobs, but now they'll never play again. You personally have made the game run into the ground that much quicker.
Player of the Round: Allied - I have no past prejudices, Recon has been a solid team player.
Player of the Round: Solo - Not paid much attention but Edd seem's to have engaged beast mode this round. Love seeing you sat in the middle of the top 20 ranks. Also Budah, whoever you are, because 2 weeks in you made me give up on the BobbaFett award. Good work.
Best Offensive Player - I guess Edd from what Spike told me. And Maickesh for never. giving. up. but being able to have a laugh at the same time.
Best Defensive Player - From all accounts Dax dragged his alliance through each defense and was relentless with last ticking. Good for you sir!
Honourable Mention Players -
- My multi aka Ryan / Yano. Had my back the entire round.
- Spike, my gay lover. You never stop and always have a laugh. Wish the game had more players like you.
- Franny, popped up from nowhere with a week to go and started picking off Scally members!
- Insomniac, always the inc page. Hope you had a good round bro!
Worst Player - Jesse. In previous rounds I've forgiven your childish behavior because you are, basically, a child. But screwing DW over like that is just a di*k move. I had a lot of laughs at your whining PMs when Spike flaked you over and over. Eat your humble pie.
Best Moment of the Round - Nothing springs to mind, says a lot about the round unfortunately.
Worst Moment of the Round - Going to Egypt and TAP disbanding. Going to Amsterdam and COG collapsing. Rooster, you're lucky my next holiday isn't for another few weeks ;P

Thanks to everyone who played this round, for keeping the game going.

See you all next time.

- Gazzy.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
Best Moment of the Round aka Best Seed Stealing Moment: Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, we reached £20,000,000,000,000 in donations, Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Just a day from the round end, we did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05h.gif

We, Bustin' Nuts are proud to announce that all our HQ constructions, technologies, hiring HQ troops were done by the money from seed stealing!! XD Who needs lands when you can live on others'? XD

This round was all fun throughout the round for me!! Hitting sleep mode 3 times a day to begin with, and then joining Signer, getting into seed stealing business, dragging in Silence along, teching nanos to make more nanos for the ally's score sake, getting incs from bots (sometimes waved by bots) and losing lands to bots, having the reunion of old friends towards the end, and reaching the £20 trillions in donation now!!

Only the fun and good moments, really!!
1519.gif

antisback

Head Gardener
An interesting round, was different playing with nowhere near the actvity or contactability of old.

Alliance of the round
Efficacy, you guys had the dedication, you won, congratulations.

Best Offensive Alliance
Noones really shone out, alot of just all pile on one tick going on.

Best Defensive Alliance
Once again noone's really had a particularly solid defence this round, eff did well, but it's easy to defend when you have a butt-tonne of troops. Aftermath did well in parts, but alot of silly mistakes happened. Scally almost always got numbers but lacked the organisation.

Noone really that deserving, scally for decent defence, aftermath for the comback.

Worst Alliance
Discworld for letting me and ryan basically kill you off while we were solo, TAP for folding too easy, COG for similar, though more forgivable with a less experienced lineup.

Best Leader
Martin/addicted/alevo for winning, don't really know much above and beyond

Worst Leader
The leadership team at tap, added little to the resistance effort but grief

Dooner, ever dependable pom cover.

Edd and buddha for being pains in the bums in the late and mid round respectively.

Best Offensive Player
Insomiac and bubbles for taking it upon themselves to knock scally into 4th and getting pretty close.

Best Defensive Player
Dax, successfully played extremists this round, only died once/twice (afaicr) always available for pranking and there to kill the dogs for each inc.

Ryan (prime) my pnap for the 2 weeks as a solo, kept me alive by and large and an excellent addition to any alliance

Worst Player
Garrett - Sleeping out the end of the round was selfish no matter how fed up you were, if i were leader I would've kicked you.

Best Moment of the Round
Being involved in a couple of huge br's.

2 week sleep mode was neither hilarious, banterful or necessary. Left those of us who didn't a bit high and dry.