Round 52 Awards DISCUSSION THREAD

Yochoko

Head Gardener
tbh, if there was no contactability, there'd be more ups and downs, and therefore more long lasting fun? XD

i understand people got many reasons that prevent from being online often or staying online for a long time. but i also think the fact that the game isn't fun nor interesting enough to keep them online or make them want to log in often is one of the reasons too! and there're always a few servant soldiers just giving a prank in case of 'life' danger, there's more reason not to be online unnecessarily! :p if there was no pranks, people will need to deal with what they got, so, the troop composition would change too. but still some people die, and so those who died want to rebuild, come online more often, having more fun by actually playing the game! there'll be more accessible targets overall!

but ah well, this is another fossil debate anyways! :p

Yeadon

Harvester
You are right. I would love it if we had no contact. It works both ways.

Reduce all unit eta's by 1 - Across the board. Make it a race against time to get online even if they are contactable.

I know, just kidding - Don't shoot me down.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Reduce all unit eta's by 1 - Across the board. Make it a race against time to get online even if they are contactable.

Pretty sure contactability used to not be a thing. Till people got too serious about the game.

Any oldies able to confirm when people started sharing numbers?

Yeadon

Harvester

Pretty sure contactability used to not be a thing. Till people got too serious about the game.

Ok, so it was a different kind of contact. I didn't use my phone, but I did have an IRC alert which played a ringtone. Does that count? :mrgreen:

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
Yeah i remember having IRC, but i also remember putting my phone number down back in round 19/20 ish. But that was an in case of emergency to sent out. Not to get pranked on for defence.

Atlantis

Pruner

I blame Dax for contactability...everything is his fault :lol:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
IRC HL'ing was 'the thing' before that. It's always existed in some form or another.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I'm just thinking about the days of dial up. Would people stay connected overnight so they could be highlighted?

CLem

Head Gardener
I remember having mobile number out in r16, and I am fairly positive that it has been around since mobile phone becomes the norm which was probably way before that.

You just have to be able to get to a computer when you get pranked..rather than now where you are likely to use the device you are being pranked on to do what you have to do. It is just way easier to be contactable these days with smartphones.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
Spot on, Yoshiki

Dimitrina, i'm not a guy yet while you are already a gal!!!!

hm.... with the smartphone, can't we just leave at the responsibility of each to check bush without contacting them then? since we can just have a look from anywhere like we check facebook and chat and whatnot!! we really don't need to 'contact' or ' be contacted'. but still many don't check bush even when they do something on their phone 'coz it's not as interesting as this 'something' although they care enough to be contacted in order not to die? :S

anyway, i quite prefer playing without contactability and IRC!! it's fun to depend on the luck for survivability too! XD

Yeadon

Harvester
Spot on, Yoshiki

Dimitrina, i'm not a guy yet while you are already a gal!!!!

hm.... with the smartphone, can't we just leave at the responsibility of each to check bush without contacting them then? since we can just have a look from anywhere like we check facebook and chat and whatnot!! we really don't need to 'contact' or ' be contacted'. but still many don't check bush even when they do something on their phone 'coz it's not as interesting as this 'something' although they care enough to be contacted in order not to die? :S

anyway, i quite prefer playing without contactability and IRC!! it's fun to depend on the luck for survivability too! XD

It is much more fun to depend on luck. You just need to find a way of persuading the player-base to buy in to this philosophy.

No point 1 or 2 doing it.

It would also be fun if Titles, Overview and Politics were removed to decrease the chances of organisation and calculating battles.

You could obviously still spy, but it would be much harder to assess.

Rooster

Harvester
Just join ScallyWags then, even if you post a number there is a good chance we won't be calling.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
i'm fairly certain, but could be mistaken, that black wolf's infamous interrupted sexcapades happened from either IRC HL or phone prank between rounds 7-11.

it's be around for ever.

Gazzy

Head Gardener
You just have to be able to get to a computer when you get pranked..rather than now where you are likely to use the device you are being pranked on to do what you have to do. It is just way easier to be contactable these days with smartphones.

Yup. Walking home from school turned into running home from school after a prank.

Yeadon

Harvester

Yup. Walking home from school turned into running home from school after a prank.

Haha - I know the feeling.

d00ner

Pruner
Me too yeadon :(

My I was in year 9 when I was first contactable, im now 23. Cba to work it out, but thats a long time ago.