R49 Awards

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
Alliance of the round - The Boat, hands down. Great attitude, achieved everything you did through sheer excellent play, and never resorted to repeat mass-waving smaller allies from what I could see. Kudos to you!

Best Offensive Alliance - Boat.
Best Defensive Alliance - DW.

Honourable Mention Alliance - Funder. Had some good battles with you guys.

Worst Alliance - KaTet. I'd count lots of members as friends but no idea what went on with you guys!

Player of the Round - Allied. Well I've not played with everyone, but in our alliance I'll split this between Shaun, Jake (sadly couldn't continue the round with us but was an awesome co-lead) and Phiz.

Player of the Round - Solo. I'm actually going to give this to Stargazer and his buddies, somewhat controversially. Did some very intelligent attacking with his NAPs, only let down by a predictable sleep strategy!

Honourable mention player - Our two puppets, well done for being good sports, and making the route work in the alliance!

Worst player - whoever that Reaper guy is. So many suicides against us.

Best moment of the round - Almost getting R3 after DW had been toppled. We tried but gained too many enemies!

Worst moment of the round - Doing well at round start, before Adra got a hold of our IDs (through multi-spying by one of their members), then being a land-farm for the first week. Felt like that guy in deliverance.

All in all I've learned a lot this round, about leadership especially, and want to thank everyone who has stuck by TUE. It's been a journey!!

I also want to offer my condolences to anyone who's paid tribute to Bram, and to his family. It's horrible to hear of someone passing, but heartwarming to hear them so well loved.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
* Alliance of the round - Funderdome. Obviously. Look at our players. And toby. 'nuff said.

* Best Offensive Alliance - Funderdome. We attacked and shizzle. Like a pr0b0ss: Total hostile mobs launched: 30

* Best Defensive Alliance - Funderome. We defended. Lots.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Funderdome, because other people seem to give us this award a lot. Is it a consolation prize?

* Worst Alliance - Adramallamas. Your name.

* Best Leader - Toby, obviously. If you've never had the opportunity to serve under him (lol) then you're missing out.

* Worst Leader - Tiger. I was utterly inactive, and even I knew you blew it. Leading generally sucks though :p

* Player of the Round - Allied - MattM, because he got me hooked on CIV V Expansion.

* Player of the Round - Solo - There are solos?

* Best Offensive Player - Toby. Have you seen those POMs in action?

* Best Defensive Player - Stevey. DUDE. Glorious work with gurus and POMs. Reminded me of the good ole days.

* Honourable Mention Player - MattM, you are a lunatic with RPGs. This *is* a consolation prize. <3

* Worst Player - Probably Cyrus, just because. ;)

* Best Moment of Round - Being a member of Funderdome for the whole round with horrible activity.

* Worst Moment of Round - Realizing Sorcs find me tasty :(

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
Worst moment of the round: being made to feel like I should leave an inactive aliance for being inactive

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
* Alliance of the round - This really goes to neither alliance. It's not that the efforts that were made were undeserving, it's more that it took over half a round to get a decider. Whilst that is entertaining, we aren't voting for what the most entertaining alliance is. Boat won because Adra were incapable of being an alliance, which is more hitting the chink in the armour at the right time over being an amazing alliance.

* Best Offensive Alliance - Adra took land at the cost of their awful route setup (obviously a lot of selfish individuals in the route choices this round from you guys), and Boat took land from well-placed and well-called attacks. So logically it should be given to Boat purely on the fact that their methods were more successful in the long run.

* Best Defensive Alliance - I'll give this to Funder and DW. Despite being mostly made of people that don't give a toss about score or rank or having a phone buzz at 4am, they performed brilliantly over the passing glances I've made every few days. Respect to both.

* Honourable Mention Alliance -

* Worst Alliance - I couldn't really care less for this award. It's just a place where stroppy people post or people post to show others up - So, whatever.

* Best Leader - Toby. Did an awesome job as a Prot, too. Difficult position to take, especially when you're leading too.

* Worst Leader - Same as worst alliance category. Ridiculous.

* Player of the Round - Allied - I didn't care for this at all, really. LS_ is genuinely one of the best people to have in an alliance though, so I give him it purely for being him and getting that R1 distracts.

* Player of the Round - Solo - Chris'o & Shronock, my two brilliant PNAPs. Chris lost interest recently, but Shronock has been a pillar. I went away on Wednesday, and came back on the Monday twice in a month, and he managed to hold his own as well as fight off my incoming as well. Top blokes, and we did it without the stupid "OMG QUIK FETCH THE PHONE" BS or sleep mode.

* Best Offensive Player - Shronock. Check your statistics - He managed to nab the top negative H/F, top 3 distracts, and is in contention for top stealer. Also, he has only had 1 PNAP (myself) for about two months.

* Best Defensive Player - Chris'o/Shronock. Again, awesome people both socially and in-game. Firm friends fo lyf whilst laughing at me trolling the entirety of the forums whilst playing my Xbox for the most part.

* Honourable Mention Player - PhilD/Arcadius. Phil was an epic PNAP until his interest waned, and between us managed some hilarious bribe runs for all sorts of useful junk that we generally threw around for giggles. Arcadius - First round, and he grasped a lot of the basics very quickly. He was also one of the few people who actually wanted to hear other people's advice whilst working out his own way of doing things. Very good attitude, and I hope to see his name crop up further up the rankings in the future.

* Worst Player - I have one image to post here because it genuinely entertains about 10-20 people I know:

2358480.jpg

* Best Moment of Round - Forums. The whole lot has been an absolute gold mine of luls in my spare time this round.

* Worst Moment of Round - Caz being a douchebag and repeat attacking me for like 3 weeks. That was pretty damn lame, but whatever.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
* Alliance of the round - DEAD MAN INC: The ally description was the best part of the round.

* Best Offensive Alliance - Das Boot

* Best Defensive Alliance - DW? The very few non-solo attacks I did, most of them were against DW and I recalled or died every time.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Adra. Stayed in second place

* Worst Alliance - Disasterpieces. Last place

* Best Leader - lilow. She was smart enough to have someone do her recruiting for her :p

* Worst Leader - Whoever lead Urken. SOOOOO much turnover.

* Player of the Round - Allied - Leeroy. Massive amounts of land and most enemy troops killed.

* Player of the Round - Solo - DaX. Damn near impossible to land on, even though I was your anti-route

* Player of the Round - This world is mine for the taking (whoever that person was)

* Best Defensive Player - Stevey/mattm/Toby/atsan - ze land saviors in Funderdome

* Honourable Mention Player - RichardM, for sticking with Strikers, even though there were damn near no targets for him all round.

* Worst Player - Me for trying to stir up controversy in Funderdome, but everyone besides Dimitar, was too smart to pay attention to it

* Best Moment of Round - Sending our HQ troops on a suicide attack on DW allinace, only to find out they didn't have any troops

* Worst Moment of Round - Creating my fourth ID

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Obviously with us being rank 4 we haven't seen much of the top 2 alliances so my awards will reflect that to an extent, but I'll try and be as unbiased as I can.

Best alliance: The Boat. All I heard from Dramallama members all round was bitterness and disharmony (until Cyrus took charge. Kudos to him), whereas The Boat sounded like a genuinely enjoyable place to be, and they built on this with a good win in the war with Dramallamas.

Best offensive alliance: Not to sure on this one, but I'd guess The Boat did a good job?

Best defensive alliance: From personal experience, I'd say Erken Umpires deserve this one. They've proven stubborn resistance to us all round and they would've had fourth place nailed down if it wasn't for the other alliances taking a dislike to them. Admittedly I think they had themselves to blame for having crazy bounties and ridiculous land fat.

Honourable mention alliance(s): Funderdome and Scallywags. I was disappointed to see so few green alliances this round, with Discworld abandoning their ethics from last round and Erken Umpires being unnecessarily red.

Worst alliance(s): Ka Tet and Virus Syndicate. Ka Tet managed to stay in and around the top 5 for a while, tried to mass us a few times with epic levels of failure, usually proved easy land, and eventually disbanded. Virus Syndicate were basically just a land farm and I didn't even notice for days when they disappeared.

Best leader: Whoever led The Boat. I would guess it was more of a group of people doing the leading rather than one kingpin, but it seems they've put together a good group with an excellent team spirit. No fuss, no drama. Well played.

Worst leader: Tiger. He had plenty of good players at his disposal but had no idea how to use them. Plus he is the second worst fifa player in bush (Dez just edging him out for rank 1).

Allied players of the round (I don't know any of the specific heroic players from the top 3 alliances, so these aren't necessarily totally accurate):

Best player - Stevey is a boss. Great activity, crazy sleeping pattern, fantastic attitude, excellent defender, solid attacker. 10/10 would recruit again.

Best offensive player - FFX, you annoying *******. I hate you with all my heart, and wish a thousand plagues upon you and your kin. May you rot in the hellish fires of hellish hellishness for all eternity.

Best defensive player - Endothermia (don't know your real name). By far the best player in Erken Umpires. One of the few constant presences in that alliance. Plenty of others came and went but unfortunately this guy never shipjumped. Always around with his masses of armour, and has a hefty green title to boot. Well played.

Honourable mention players - MattM. Basically did everything Stevey did but he didn't come on irc as often, and I would've liked to see him mash up a few more robos on attacks with his awesome RPGs. 10/10 would recruit again.

Worst players - I've kept an eye on a few people this round. The ones who have stood out as being terrible examples to others are Spy, Jay and Echo.

Spy just jumped from one alliance to another until he had sampled all the alliances who would accept him, then he went back to Erken Umpires. Then he jumped from Erken Umpires again. Now I don't know where he is and I don't much care.

Jay was possibly the most arrogant and obnoxious player I've ever had the misfortune of communicating with, and it pleased me to see Dramallamas kick him. That was one of Tiger's better decisions.

Echo left us on the first day of the round saying he wanted to play "ftw", despite having absolutely no knowledge of the game whatsoever. So he made the obvious move for someone wanting to play ftw...he joined Ka Tet. Then he jumped to Erken Umpires. Then he left Erken Umpires. Now I don't know where he is but hopefully everybody knows he has no idea what he is doing.

Best moment of the round - I can't think of anything in particular. This has been quite a pleasant round for me on the whole. We've had a good group of people all round and it has been fun playing with you all.

I did quite like when Bluehen was kicked from Dramallamas and got accepted into The Boat and then they won the round. Maybe I'm just vindictive, but that felt like justice :p Shame on you for kicking Bluehen!

Worst moment of the round - When it became clear that I was going to have to recruit Dimitar for lack of better options, and then about a week later he said he was going to restart and I said "hell no" and then he restarted and we still didn't have any better options so I had to let him back in again. Sad times.

CLem

Head Gardener
Honourable mention players - MattM. Basically did everything Stevey did but he didn't come on irc as often, and I would've liked to see him mash up a few more robos on attacks with his awesome RPGs. 10/10 would recruit again.

Matt's been on top form this round, have to second that. Happy that I keep being in the same ally as you dude.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Most of what I've seen this round has been covered by other Funderdome people, so I'll just reiterate a couple of things that have struck me.

Honourable Mention Alliance: Urken Empire. There have been quite a lot of good fights between us this round, and their defence has been good, as well as some nice coordinated attacks. It's a shame that their bounty is so high, because other alliances were always going get involved eventually.

Disappointing Alliance: Ka Tet. I was surprised when I realised you guys had disbanded. Should stick it out, everybody gets killed from time to time.

Best Defensive Player: First few days of the round, Souls and his gurus and Leeroy and his apps were invaluable. Over the whole round though, Stevey and toby have been the bedrock of the alliance. In other alliances- Endothermia has been a pain :)

Best Offensive Player: Leeroy. From the time he was with us and from what I've seen since, he's been pretty non-stop this round. James has been as aggressive as ever too. In our alliance, Tiff and her SAs is a nasty combination!

Honourable Mention Player: FFX. Damn those sorc/IG rushes. Damn their eyes!

Moment of the round:

I bought it Brave New World Matt. You *******. I wish you had said it was crap and not worth playing. I HAVE SO MUCH WORK TO DO YOU RUINED ME.

<3 Alci.

Closely followed by toby's choice of banner with his back-up angry dome in case things didn't go well :p

QuitusV2

Pruner
Alliance of the round - The boat cause they won.

* Best Offensive Alliance - Can't say really, too much wasn't into checking battle alliances too often. But i should say The boat cause they too the advantage quite quickly, tho wasn't surprising with their lineup after all.

* Best Defensive Alliance - Discworld cause at first was too hard to pass icy's apaches.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Dunno tbh.

* Worst Alliance - Adra they all are good guys, but looks like u gave up too quickly i belive u coulda done more.

* Best Leader - N/a

* Worst Leader - N/a

* Player of the Round - Allied - I really liked FeR style this round, started high as nano, then entrered to Adra and made some good damage with a very tricky route, according to my point of view.

* Player of the Round Solo -

* Best Offensive Player - Probably me or FeR, no bs. Didn't see someone else doig as much attacks as we did.

* Best Defensive Player - Prolly Sailors of somehting in The Boat he made it kinda hard to land any attack on them.

* Honourable Mention Player - CK allways amuzes me, i love the guy and then again he payed me the BC's to get SA. Nice to see someon tust u enough to do that round after round, hehehe.

Also i wanna mention Antney who was there for me when i needed him.

* Worst Player - N/a

* Best Moment of Round - When round ended and finally realised i won BH award after all these years looking for it.

* Worst Moment of Round - Getting stolen by a piggier while someone was attacking me to get distracts.

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Best Moments of the round:

1. The comically insane exchange between me and lilow when I applied to join and the Hell she put me through until I finally told her in confidence who I was.

2. Doing n00b stuff when I first got in to establish my cover.

3. Finishing in 46th.