• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Public alliances

Status
Not open for further replies.

xvi

Harvester
I do not think there should be private alliances anymore. If there is not going to be competition for #1, make everyone public next round and give everyone a chance to try and take you dooooooown.

ps: piss on occupy wallstreet. poor people are always whining.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
wow this is like a time warp, people suggesting public alliances and others suggesting small alliance sizes. Déjà vu

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
How about real bonuses for public allies, a la the old Psolo bonuses :p higher insurance/shorter tech times/cheaper techs etc :p

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
maybe higher insurance, but i can't agree with the rest.. :p

And Zaheen - just.. no.. We've gone over smaller alliance sizes hundreds of times. It always comes down to the same thing - it hurts the game. A LOT

Elderveld

Official Helper
30 priv alliance? 35 public ? if public classed(after 2day's) they get + x % insurance - x % dev mod.

edd

Tree Surgeon
I don't like the idea of increasing alliance size as there aren't enough targets as it is :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
wow this is like a time warp, people suggesting public alliances and others suggesting small alliance sizes. Déjà vu

haha. then someone should start listening....

or maybe you should start using the search function ;) ,
Public alliance discussion previously

Even azzer wanted public alliances.

As for Zaheen, well theres no hope for him hes created several of the "change alliance size" threads that have been argued to death and normally not in favour. particularly as alliance sizes have been played with in the past and its about at its optimum atm.

Ps know it wasnt recent. but looking over some old posts. i think Hell were public, and some one else from the start.. and didnt hell win? or maybe i just got my wires crossed, i think i was solo that round so barely remeber

xvi

Harvester

haha. then someone should start listening....

or maybe you should start using the search function ;) ,
Public alliance discussion previously

Even azzer wanted public alliances.

As for Zaheen, well theres no hope for him hes created several of the "change alliance size" threads that have been argued to death and normally not in favour. particularly as alliance sizes have been played with in the past and its about at its optimum atm.

Ps know it wasnt recent. but looking over some old posts. i think Hell were public, and some one else from the start.. and didnt hell win? or maybe i just got my wires crossed, i think i was solo that round so barely remeber

Problem is those old posts are....old. And no one looks at them except to tell someone else they were there. Also, just because something has been suggested before doesn't mean it cannot be suggested again at a new time and under new circumstances. The vote on that post was as big as today's active playerbase. So, circumstances were obviously different then.

To be the devil's advocate on Zaheen's post, alliance sizes being optimum now is matter of opinion, not fact. You should consider the fact that not all your thoughts are as is, or the most true despite your knowledge of the game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.