• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Possible minor changes - Consultation

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Official A-Naps have been dead for a while. As for unofficial, no game mechanic can ever fix that.

Chris_

Head Gardener
Yea, ANAPs have no place in the game anymore anyway. Who needs 2 alliances to win when theres like only 80 people trying

Koeniej

Harvester
Im surprised it took so long for this thread to derail, finally it happened

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Thread cleaned - 14/04

Anything off-topic removed. If you make a post that isn't either making a suggestion, or responding directly to another - It is likely to be removed. (Please let me know via PM if I've taken down something you thought was a valuable part of the discussion).

-

Update 14/4 - Thanks for the volume of ideas guys, there's some good stuff in this thread. I'm very short on time at the moment but I'm hoping to get some help from other community members to have a good look through all these suggestions in order to sort a list I can hand to Azzer. I wouldn't get your hopes up that any of these ideas are going to be implemented in the very near future. A conservative guess would be 2-3 months depending on the size of the changes and how much time Azzer can spare. I've been assured he will take some time out to return to the game and make these changes but people need to remain realistic about the likely timescales.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
put insurance on when alliances declare war. other wise on1 will declare war (like im seeing now)

As DA deleted my quite reasonable query, what do you intend war mode to be used for if not for the total annihilation of one's enemies? Yes it'd be used more without insurance, but just getting bigger grabs due to the no repeat attack counter/land cap, doesn't seem enough to me.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
You are wrong.

i doubt that :-/

You blatantly aren't aware / don't know of DarkSider and Cervantes then..... :roll:

i dont need to be aware, ive been playing long enough to know for my self. playing as a solo is no easy task. im not gonna say he/they got lucky but im sure it didnt come down to pure skill.

It did come down to pure skill. And time. Your attitude is hilariously misguided. Carry on sir, carry on.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Re-introduce experience, but nerf it from what it used to be.

16 man allies.
Introduce a unit to combat NLT - maybe CDs?
Remove vamps route
Re-introduce Pure Solo
Lower limits for hitting Bio-Mechs (never seem to see them anymore)

d00ner

Pruner
Good shout Lafin, forgot about Pure-solo. Having spent a fair amount of time inactive im in range of the bots, and they need to have more routes. The majority are the same, and im sure it wouldnt be hard to implement for a better spread.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Good shout Lafin, forgot about Pure-solo. Having spent a fair amount of time inactive im in range of the bots, and they need to have more routes. The majority are the same, and im sure it wouldnt be hard to implement for a better spread.

On that note, while we're being optimistic, if they would buy something other than 1:1 hippies:yobs and then random amounts of everything else, I would appreciate that.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
i agree with gazza aswell, need more bots with a more diverse amount of routes

This I don't agree with. There are enough bots in the game, B1, B2 etc. You also have bots with names from players from previous rounds. There are enough bots in game as it is.

The diverse amount of routes I'd agree with.

Something I'd like to see with bots is possibly make them more contenders within the game. They stay very low, and always a source of land. This can be the case for some, of course, but bring a few to be real contenders. Just an idea :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
They exist solely as a means of injecting land into the game at the lower end. Basically, the only people who should attack bots after like the first week of the round should be newbs, restarters, and people who have just been zeroed.

Why do you think we need more bots? The ratio of bot:human is already ridiculous, and the idea of making bots competitive is just absolutely godslapping retarded. Why would you want competitive bots? It's the kind of idea you'd expect to hear from those guys who bring us **** like "why don't t-rexes fire on all ticks and have a low init?"

EDIT: 'Change is a change' is about the worst justification possible for making change.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
They exist solely as a means of injecting land into the game at the lower end. Basically, the only people who should attack bots after like the first week of the round should be newbs, restarters, and people who have just been zeroed.

Why do you think we need more bots? The ratio of bot:human is already ridiculous, and the idea of making bots competitive is just absolutely godslapping retarded. Why would you want competitive bots? It's the kind of idea you'd expect to hear from those guys who bring us **** like "why don't t-rexes fire on all ticks and have a low init?"

EDIT: 'Change is a change' is about the worst justification possible for making change.

I could write virtually the same post, but toby does it with such eloquence there is no need. He is correct, of course. The last few rounds I played, there were already way too many bots, and to add more is just idiotic. Nope nope and nope.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Adding more low-intelligence bots (ie tech tier 1/2 max & permanently low-ranked) wouldn't harm, to be honest. They are no target for higher ups, but fuel smaller alliances with easily gained land that will eventually pass upwards.
They also teach newer people flakking ratios, and what you can and cannot flak route-wise. They're as much a learning tool as they are an easy land grab.

EDIT: Obviously teaching newer people stuff would require some sort of recruiting drive, which I frankly see no possibility of occurring in this game now.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
There are enough bots for mid to low ranking players. I don't think adding more is any use whatsoever.

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
Can I propose we are allowed to send/receive in-game mails during sleep mode? It's really irritating not being able to talk to ally-mates/NAPs. I know sleep mode is meant to be a literal holiday from the game, but I don't see why mails are disabled, as you can't attack anyone with them!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Can I propose we are allowed to send/receive in-game mails during sleep mode? It's really irritating not being able to talk to ally-mates/NAPs. I know sleep mode is meant to be a literal holiday from the game, but I don't see why mails are disabled, as you can't attack anyone with them!

Account Mail, mIRC?

Mails are disabled so that you cannot be of any use to your alliance or NAPs. You have to have downsides to using sleepmode, otherwise people would use it all the time.