• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Possible minor changes - Consultation

d00ner

Pruner
15 man alliances would be a good move in my opinion, Night cover will be spread further, the 'usual FTW'ers' would take up 2 allies rather than 1(as an example), giving a few other people the chance to realistically fight for the top spots and play alongside some of the much more knowledgeable players. Shorter rounds also IMO.

As long as someone is given admin powers, I will be happy. I dont know enough about the games mechanics to have an opinion on route changes etc, but feel those points ^^^ would help with the smaller playerbase.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
How about a set up such that after havoc, when you log in and register a new id....

The player base gets to vote for the set up the want.....

Vote on alliance size (20man, or 15man)
Vote on round length (55 days, 66 days, 77 days)

Just tick the two options you want...that way if azzer makes a change and people decide they dont like it they can change thier vote next round.

Would be a shame if azzer changed something and went away for 3 yrs and people realise they didnt like the change.

Only votes before round start are counted

Chris'o

Harvester
I like Twigleys idea about solos having 1 p-nap. This will prevent solos from becoming supreme over allys in a 10 man ally game. IMO these changes will work perfectly with our current player base.

when was the last time you saw a solo win a round, value wise?

the game should be balanced, for both solo and alliances. if solos are to have 1pnap the AR needs to be changed as well! i.e it drops slower, and gain more on attacks or something along those lines.

re-read what i said...i clearly said "This will prevent solos from becoming supreme over allys in a 10 man ally game." We are currently 20 man ally

edd

Tree Surgeon
shorter rounds, no. 10 man alliances, hell no. im ok with solos having 1pnap but only if the AR decreases slower and you gain more on attacks

get rid of vamps and dragons. bush was much better with out them..

Definitely not more ARmod gain on attacks, you could spam attacks on top players for almost profit and boost your ARmod ridiculously if the gain was much more than it is atm.

However, gaining more defending your pnaps would be good! It's so damaging to get raped defending your pnap because you are left with no troops and not much extra ARmod ;/ I definitely don't think it should be as high as it is for defending yourself but a moderate increase would be fair.

Last edited:

Cal v2

Planter
When Vampires kill, they make Lesser Vampires, they suck. I think when Lesser Vampires get kills, they should mature into Vampires.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Solo play is not difficult. With solo play you get out of it what you put in. If you aren't active for 'days at a time', sure, you're going to die. What else do you expect?

edd

Tree Surgeon
shorter rounds, no. 10 man alliances, hell no. im ok with solos having 1pnap but only if the AR decreases slower and you gain more on attacks

get rid of vamps and dragons. bush was much better with out them..

Definitely not more ARmod gain on attacks, you could spam attacks on top players for almost profit and boost your ARmod ridiculously if the gain was much more than it is atm.

However, gaining more defending your pnaps would be good! It's so damaging to get raped defending your pnap because you are left with no troops and not much extra ARmod ;/ I definitely don't think it should be as high as it is for defending yourself but a moderate increase would be fair.

its hard enough as it is being solo, you lose .12% AR each tick. most people that are solo are solo because they are not that active and they don't want to hinder an alliance because they could be gone for days at a time, if the ARmod was changed some what it may reduce cheating..

I understand what you are saying but i don't think any changes should be made with the aim of appeasing the people that would resort to cheating if they weren't in place.

It is hard to play competitive solo and it should be because it's equally hard to play competitively in the non-rank1 alliances. + you even get to keep your land most of the time as a solo because they can't put 5 players on a tick.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Just fyi, there have been a couple of occasions when solos won the round. Darksider and Cervantes both did it.

edd

Tree Surgeon
More insurance on defense for having positive h/f up to maybe 60%? No reduction for being negative. It would help a lot of players that get trashed on defense recover better and be able to play with something more than a shadow of what they had before.

Something like at 8k h/f you get 30%, 15k is 45% and 25k+ is 60%

Also not applicable to this degree for solos, if at all for them.

Thoughts? I'd appreciate more than just "no" if it's a stupid idea, it was just one I came up with 10 minutes ago so I haven't thought it all the way through probably.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
You are wrong.

i doubt that :-/

Well since you obviously don't remember it happening, and I do, which of us do you think has more knowledge of the events?

DS won in the round with crap loads of bunkers. They dominated.

Cervantes won in round 19, when there were crap loads of alliance wars and Leftovers ended up winning. The solos dominated.

There was no safelisting. There was no intel sharing (apart from maybe between solos). They were fair wins and they deserved it.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
put insurance on when alliances declare war. other wise on1 will declare war (like im seeing now)

So what is the incentive to declare war if total obliteration of one's enemies is removed?

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
put insurance on when alliances declare war. other wise on1 will declare war (like im seeing now)

So what is the incentive to declare war if total obliteration of one's enemies is removed?

Exactly Ogluk.

The whole point of declaring war on another alliance is to demolish them. If insurance is on when war is declared, then there is no point in having the war option in alliances.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Last time i saw an alliance declare war on another was just last round :)

Madafaka would have declared war on Wild West if they didnt fold.