• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Multiple Rounds, variety of lengths

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
I didn't read anything in this thread, but the first thing that needs to be done if this new guy is buying the game is lower the round to 5-8 weeks.

5 - 8 weeks is a big difference. I do think shortening the round is always a viable suggestion as it could make the game more open and attacking. Resistances (if there were to be any) would have to take place sooner), people have to propell themselves up quicker, which means more attacking and the game is short and sweet. 7 weeks is a start for discussion.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Less people would be willing to buy BCs for a unit they'll only get to play with for a month

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Less people would be willing to buy BCs for a unit they'll only get to play with for a month

Two solutions:

- Half the round length=half the price=perceived value is the same
- Keep the price the same, only half as many people as normal need to buy p-unit for same revenue.

Also, I don't know why magpie would buy (supposedly) Bushtarion if he cared about money.

5 weeks is probably too short, but that's just what I'd personally prefer it to be, not what the playerbase would.

7-8 sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

edd

Tree Surgeon
In my opinion making the game more interesting for those that are getting bored is something that has to come from the player, not a new game mechanic.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
In my opinion making the game more interesting for those that are getting bored is something that has to come from the player, not a new game mechanic.

I lose respect for you every time you say that bullshit phrase ed.

<3

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I had totally forgotten that I made that point: But it's worked brilliantly in other games.

Ultimately, whether you all like it or not, changes have to be made, and some of you are bound to dislike them in one form or another - It's a necessity, and it has been for a long time. Now we have the ability to implement change, it should be happening ASAP.

I know Magpie has some ideas that are going to ruffle a few people's feathers as it is - But if he cracks the advertising nut, then if you jump from the ship, it will sail on without you no matter how much you perceive your self-importance. There's about 30-40 people at a push who use this forum. There are still well over 5x that many outside of it who may agree with some ideas that this apparent 'elitist inner sanctum' will/have disagreed with.

edd

Tree Surgeon
I don't mean that i wouldn't welcome certain changes but if you are getting bored of sitting in one of the top alliances then stop playing there.

I accept that I have not played this game half as long as some of you but there are always different things to try.

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I don't mean that i wouldn't welcome certain changes, but if you are getting bored of sitting in one of the top alliances then stop playing there.

I accept that I have not played this game half as long as some of you but there are always different things to try.

I could do nothing but condone this post. All day long.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I had totally forgotten that I made that point: But it's worked brilliantly in other games.

Ultimately, whether you all like it or not, changes have to be made, and some of you are bound to dislike them in one form or another - It's a necessity, and it has been for a long time. Now we have the ability to implement change, it should be happening ASAP.

I know Magpie has some ideas that are going to ruffle a few people's feathers as it is - But if he cracks the advertising nut, then if you jump from the ship, it will sail on without you no matter how much you perceive your self-importance. There's about 30-40 people at a push who use this forum. There are still well over 5x that many outside of it who may agree with some ideas that this apparent 'elitist inner sanctum' will/have disagreed with.

Other games are not bushtarion, hence other games. Games are not all completely interchangeable, and your idea which might work in other games, is a catastrophically terrible one for this game.

Moving on, I'm not against change DaX. I'm against stupid changes, ones that will harm the game, not enhance it. Any glance at my posting history would prove that; but that's inconvenient to your "trollololol" attitude I guess. I also don't think your attitude to change happening ASAP is sensible either, change is best introduced slowly, with a chance to monitor results, and tweak and adjust settings as necessary. Wholesale changes will be much harder to control with a much higher chance of something going horribly wrong.

I don't think anyone here has threatened to quit over new changes, I certainly haven't, and I'm willing to try most everything once, but I will expend considerable effort and time to have it seen to that stupid changes are not implemented just for the sake of ZOMG NEW CHANGES. I don't know anyone here who thinks of themselves as an elite inner sanctum and i certainly don't think i am the arbiter of all things bushtarion, far from it, but i'm reasonably logical and capable of using my brain. If i disagree with something, it's rarely just because I want to, it's also because I have a problem with it, and you have ignored all of my problems and just accused (me i assume) of being an elitist. (Madness!) Also, it is worth noting that just because there is a long standing talented core, doesn't mean you should ignore them! If people like Polo, Martin, Dachi, CF and others told me my idea was stupid, I would take them at their word. If people have problems with your idea, and just because you perceive them to be an "elitist" group, there's no reason to ignore them. Those people are an "elite" because they are good at the game. They probably have a case when they make a point.

And if all those people who you speak of agree with the ideas being suggested, by all means bring them forth. I don't have problem with change, I just have a problem with stupid.

Also, there is no excuse, rationale, or logic for forcing troops to stay at home. That idea is just plain awful. Anyone can see that, except you. :roll:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
i had totally forgotten that i made that point: But it's worked brilliantly in other games.

Ultimately, whether you all like it or not, changes have to be made, and some of you are bound to dislike them in one form or another - it's a necessity, and it has been for a long time. Now we have the ability to implement change, it should be happening asap.

I know magpie has some ideas that are going to ruffle a few people's feathers as it is - but if he cracks the advertising nut, then if you jump from the ship, it will sail on without you no matter how much you perceive your self-importance. There's about 30-40 people at a push who use this forum. There are still well over 5x that many outside of it who may agree with some ideas that this apparent 'elitist inner sanctum' will/have disagreed with.

Bring on the kneejerk reactions.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
lol i hope changes are made. there are tons that are needed. altho the ones that will water down this game are the ones that will lead to it's ultimate demise.

most of you see a game with parts that you can plug n play like a computer and think that any old thing will work. almost 0 of you will understand how changes (even good ones) affect a business.

that's why, if magpie doesn't know how to run a business, i hope they listen to almost none of you.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
lol i hope changes are made. there are tons that are needed. altho the ones that will water down this game are the ones that will lead to it's ultimate demise.

most of you see a game with parts that you can plug n play like a computer and think that any old thing will work. almost 0 of you will understand how changes (even good ones) affect a business.

that's why, if magpie doesn't know how to run a business, i hope they listen to almost none of you.

I think I can wholeheartedly agree with this statement, Garrett.

As for my 'TROLOLOLOLOL' attitude - It's not permanent. I can switch it on and off at will. I know to some that is difficult to understand, because you have no concept of having an 'internet personality'. But if you ask for stupid irrelevant pictures and a ridiculously flippant attitude by making plain-faced insults of other people for no other reason than your over-inflated self-opinion, then that is how I shall greet you.

So please, in light of this, behave like an adult (this means not calling people stupid and the like): The point of this is to discuss ideas, not shoot one another for making "stupid ideas". If they are stupid, expose what you believe to be flawed (without using insulting/demeaning terminology) - But insulting one another is utterly childish, and is totally unproductive for Magpie to take ideas under consideration.

I know some of you find that very hard to do at the best of times, but change is coming - Try to put something positive and productive into that for once.

I'll accept that repeating an idea is somewhat stupid, but I genuinely had totally forgotten I had even mentioned it before today.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I have to agree with Alci (though in a much calmer demeanor :p) I can see that potential change killing a part of the game. The reason changes like that work in other games, is because you aren't as likely to lose weeks worth of work in a single tick. Whilst I in no way condone sitting around saving troops, I can not agree with forcing troops home for any amount of ticks, for any reason, Its just a bad idea.

I want you to consider this, have you ever been faced with an incoming that you could not defend against? (as a Rank 1 ally?) I'm sure anyone has that has faced a mass rush with adren rush. I've sent out against them a few times myself.

Now imagine that the chance to send out is removed for that tick, even if your entire alliance is online, what are the chances that enough of them will have low enough eta troops to force a recall, or even win the fight? I would see the top alliances either stop attacking with a mod completely (stagnating the game further) or dying off and quit playing.

I know if I was in the r2 ally, I would keep a room or thread specifically for contacting people when I know someone's troops are going to be forced home just so I can organize a mass rush and smash them..

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I don't mean that i wouldn't welcome certain changes but if you are getting bored of sitting in one of the top alliances then stop playing there.

Or the game could have been made with some semblance of balance and logic and we (and by we, I mean everybody but me, since I've never won!) wouldn't have to worry about such a gigantic, stupid, pathetic problem.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I think I can wholeheartedly agree with this statement, Garrett.

As for my 'TROLOLOLOLOL' attitude - It's not permanent. I can switch it on and off at will. I know to some that is difficult to understand, because you have no concept of having an 'internet personality'. But if you ask for stupid irrelevant pictures and a ridiculously flippant attitude by making plain-faced insults of other people for no other reason than your over-inflated self-opinion, then that is how I shall greet you.

So please, in light of this, behave like an adult (this means not calling people stupid and the like): The point of this is to discuss ideas, not shoot one another for making "stupid ideas". If they are stupid, expose what you believe to be flawed (without using insulting/demeaning terminology) - But insulting one another is utterly childish, and is totally unproductive for Magpie to take ideas under consideration.

I know some of you find that very hard to do at the best of times, but change is coming - Try to put something positive and productive into that for once.

I'll accept that repeating an idea is somewhat stupid, but I genuinely had totally forgotten I had even mentioned it before today.

I don't think you fully understood what Garrett meant, DaX.

I didn't insult you at all in this thread. I have only hammered away at your idea, and everytime you haven't addressed any of my points, or issues, you've simply ignored my points, and focused on something completely random which hasn't happened at all! I didn't call you stupid, I called your idea stupid, which is the difference you wanted. I haven't insulted you anywhere in this thread, deliberately, although you may have taken offense at the manner in which I tore down your idea, but you haven't gone to any lengths to defend it, which I assume means you find it indefensible? If that is the case just admit you were wrong, or alter your idea, instead of accusing me of being a self inflated egotist without contributing any substance to this discussion. If you had read what I'd actually written, you wouldn't have made such a silly accusation.

Please go out of your way to read what I've written, and comment on the substance, not the tone of what I wrote. You'll find it easier that way.

You are the only one who's insulted anybody in this thread, and I hope you have the capacity to understand that. You are contributing ideas, I am contributing criticisms to your ideas in the hopes of preventing stupid changes from happening, or in the hopes that you can tweak your idea and make it better as a result of criticism. Magpie should (and probably will) take any and all ideas under consideration, and that's great! But that doesn't mean that he should institute any and all ideas just because they are there! Ideas have to be valid, and proven to be, if not beneficial, then at least not counter productive to what we're trying to achieve.

Your repetition of a stupid idea was not so much the biggest problem I had here, but the very fact that you don't seem to understand why your idea is not necessarily a good one.

Try to take your ego out of this, and read my criticisms (and those of others) for what they are at face value, and address the valid concerns in them, as opposed to just ignoring them.

Last edited:

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Faceslide.gif