Make it a fair round | R38

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Having spies doesn't mean they aren't protecting their land. Discworld usually accepts any and all recruits who want to play. Of course there are dangers to that but accepting anyone who wants to play should not automatically forfeit your right to your land.

It's pretty hard for average players to keep afloat in flakwars anyways, let alone if they have their IDs leaked. There are very few allies who could withstand leaked IDs and still perform well, DW is rarely competitive and as such it makes me sick they've been spied upon. For shame on whoever did that, just disgusting

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Just because the top alliances haven't lost much land doesn't mean they haven't tried.. Its MUCH more difficult to steal from an active dedicated alliance than it is a semi-active ally. We had a lot of incoming for the first weekend, and all but 2 grabs were stopped. Its just a matter of how you handle your defenses.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Sorry LS but thats not really true.

The top allies will only get incs on their slackers.
Nobody attacks upwards in early flak wars, they attack down.
This usually means the top can buy masses of flak with little inc while the bottom guys keep trying to buy basics to stop the flak.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Twigley is correct of course.

The top allies have to worry about comparatively little amounts of Inc. Even if your firstfew days are rough, it usually tapers off quickly especially once you get some proper units.

Most players I know attack downwards in flakwars since attacking upwards is far more likely to result in getting blocked. Only if you have cojones, an ID list and a plan are you likely to do a mass attack on your even competition.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I wasn't saying people don't attack downwards.. I was saying that just because its a top ally doesn't mean they don't get incoming... Ofc once some intel and units come out, incoming tapers off quickly, but before all that, its busy season for a defense coordinator.

Ofc, once everyone KNOWs your in a top ally, you stop getting as much incoming (minus the few random rushes.. which are pointless on people like me.. ^_^) Its just the nature of the game. MOST people aren't suicidal.. and attack to get more land, not to recall a few ticks later.. :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
But because you're a top ally, incoming doesn't really mean squat. Whereas its a lot more damaging to an alliance like Discworld. You really are trying to compare apples and oranges here IMO.

Davs

Garden Designer
But because you're a top ally, incoming doesn't really mean squat. Whereas its a lot more damaging to an alliance like Discworld. You really are trying to compare apples and oranges here IMO.

In fairness, I think he was just talking about the point made about no land being stolen from the top alliances and not trying to compare anything to DW.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Oh well fair enough. That's completely different. Got confused between two different conversations lol. My bad LS!

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
lol.. no worries.. ^_^ People were complaining that the top alliances haven't stolen any land from each other.. was just trying to point out that just because they haven't stolen land, doesn't mean the attempt wasn't made.. :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Well also, tactically speaking unless you have an overwhelming advantage (techs/activity/IDs pre spy that is) you're unlikely to attack your closest competition. It's simply not tactically viable.

You risk losing out on land you would get from a profitable attack lower down and you risk getting owned on retals/offense. Then again, the gains are enormous if you manage to knock out your one and only competition with a pre emptive strike.

However, as for the current situation I can't really speak for anyone having just started playing yesterday. As it stands though, it seems like the original complaint against the top two allies was that they appeared to have spied on DW. I make no accusations I'm just restating what i think the original dude from DW was saying. If he is correct, that's pretty lame. Spying is hard to forgive under the best of circumstances. Either way, meh. I'm not involved in any way, shape or form ;)

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
*shrugs* I can't say anything for spying.. I do know that several of us sent out attack. Once you found someone you can land on, you tend to hit them a few more times..

Once I had fly-overs, I was able to figure out who was defending who (through liberal use of the flyover.. not easy.. :p)

A few ended up being Pnaps.. :p

DW was easy land.. so was SNL apparently.. Especially in my time-zone where everyone in the game is asleep for the most part.. :p or at work