intentional triggering

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Can we all dress like hippies and give free love? This hostility kills me!

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Intentional Triggering is not cheating. I don't think it's a valid strategy, but it is not cheating.

A stealth check does not call a target, and calling a target doesn't not make it yours. The real thing here is, Why is this pissing match being brought to the forums when it should be settled on the battlefield like the game was intended?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I like this conversation because James is throwing his toys out of the pram for not checking spies properly. Moral of the story? Read your spies properly.

Intentional triggering is usually something we look at when it's mutually done to stop people from having land stolen or troops killed by a player the target knows but is not NAP'd with. Triggering to kill somebody off intentionally when they are being retarded is almost like vigilante justice on the playerbase.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I thought the moral of the story was "Don't be a **** who asks his allymates to trigger on someone out of spite"

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I thought the moral of the story was "Don't be a **** who asks his allymates to trigger on someone out of spite"

But if the kind sir read spies correctly and called it out, he'd have my support. But he didn't. He died because he didn't see SAS there or the mob sent beforehand, and has come here to complain about it - To which I would boldly declare: Tough sh*t.

Leeroy

Head Gardener

But if the kind sir read spies correctly and called it out, he'd have my support. But he didn't. He died because he didn't see SAS there or the mob sent beforehand, and has come here to complain about it - To which I would boldly declare: Tough sh*t.

I would just like to say. James did see SAS.

Still not quite sure why he stayed but calling a target it bullshit
Getting a alliance mate to trigger is bullshit

But this thread is about triggering which was done. People see it as cheating and I do. You can go into about whatever the thing is you guys talk about.

It shouldn't be done and at the end of the day it's bad play.

Oh and elder you got ****ed over by James because he thought you was cheating... That occasion it was CK who framed you

But karma for lying to me and saying you was restarting and going solo and actually joined rank 1 when they one

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

Wait-wait, he knew SAS were there, stayed anyway, then complained about dying? What the f*ck is this? Amateur hour? Jesus H Christ this is one of the most stupid complaints I have ever seen.

Leeroy

Head Gardener

Wait-wait, he knew SAS were there, stayed anyway, then complained about dying? What the f*ck is this? Amateur hour? Jesus H Christ this is one of the most stupid complaints I have ever seen.

I complained actually.. I was in the middle if posting when it ticked
I came to forums first not him

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

I complained actually.. I was in the middle if posting when it ticked
I came to forums first not him

Then we need a stupid people thread to place this complaint in, so it is appropriately sectioned. Triggering is a minor part of this complaint, as if he had recalled and complained I probably would have agreed with the initial point.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer

I don't spy my target every tick. He had two ticks of no AR, and then SAS. And as far as I'm aware you can't "call" a target because you've sent a stealth check (because the stealth you find can easily put you off, and others wouldn't know whether you're going to attack or not).
So basically, even though James' complaint is a bit over the top imo, he's right to be frustrated that someone decided to trigger on him.

EDIT: I just now saw that he apparently saw the SAS. Oh well, that doesn't change my point too much I think

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
It doesnt call it but the point was to show how frustrated Elder will have been also when he was ready to kill someone after a stealth check and someone else sends infront and doesnt recall.

This isnt Elder triggering on a friend for lols or to save land.

And yeah ... why stay v's the SAS? O.O

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
Well my staying brings up a question of game mechanics...
I stayed FT after seeing SAS, hedging that Elderveld would recall which he did and SAS did as well. I saw SAS after the un-named helper triggered for close. We exchanged messages and after realizing what he was duped into doing he too recalled, and I erroneously figured SAS would as well. They did not however... why?

Terrakan

Harvester
Well my staying brings up a question of game mechanics...
I stayed FT after seeing SAS, hedging that Elderveld would recall which he did and SAS did as well. I saw SAS after the un-named helper triggered for close. We exchanged messages and after realizing what he was duped into doing he too recalled, and I erroneously figured SAS would as well. They did not however... why?

to hazard a guess i would say you killed too much in the first 2 ticks to higher there ar to the point of triggering ar, at a guess

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
so the fact that someone sent for close re-sets his AR from my original send? because actually what I killed in first tick should have been than enough to trigger SAS for mid if AR was re-figured each tick. IDK

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
When a new mob is introduced, the AR is recalculated. After you had two ticks of killing, he could've triggered on you with just one hippy, because your own troop score is over the limit.
But even if he does recall, the new calculation has already happened so there's nothing you can do.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon

Shut up stupid. The title of the gripe thread is intentional triggering, not oh no I died. I might add that I wasn't the original poster of this particular incident either.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
This is DaX James. Sometimes he too needs a little help. We just have to let his ego on this game grow.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
This is DaX James. Sometimes he too needs a little help. We just have to let his ego on this game grow.

Thumbs_up_Tree_only.jpg