intentional triggering

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
I asked him nicely to resend for land as i checked for stealth and sent and we were on the same tick. He was then just 'pff im rank 1 ally whit tons of land, i can afford to loose staff vs sas and need targets anyway'

i don't see the problem.

that's utter BS Elderveld.. first of all I sent 2 ticks before you did.. then you messaged me and recalled and sent again with more units ... When I called your bluff and stayed after you recalled eot af3.. you asked another member who should have a vow of Screw you send eta1 who then triggered on me..
I didn't say crap about being rank 1.. sounds to me you have a chip.. you said well have fun fighting SAS.. I said I can weather it better since I have 20k more land than you....
Bottom line is you sent on my FT 2 ticks after I had already sent.. and you were aware of it the same tick you sent.. but decided to keep going... that is blatant intentional triggering and cheating.. and then when it didn't work out for you you asked another member to blatantly cheat... You call yourself an official helper?????????
You need to resign that crap or be removed

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I dont get what being an official helper has to do with intentionally triggering someone? Helpers answer questions and thats it.

Also intentionally triggering isnt against the EULA. Mutual is.

Purely from the spy report it looks like Elderveld did a stealth check on the target. Before Elder resent for the kill, James jumped in. Elder got pissed at James. James died. Gj Elder i hate it when people steal targets.

Leeroy

Head Gardener
I dont get what being an official helper has to do with intentionally triggering someone? Helpers answer questions and thats it.

Also intentionally triggering isnt against the EULA. Mutual is.

Purely from the spy report it looks like Elderveld did a stealth check on the target. Before Elder resent for the kill, James jumped in. Elder got pissed at James. James died. Gj Elder i hate it when people steal targets.

This thread is called intentionally triggering... That was the case!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Yeah i dont think anyone would deny it was Intentional triggering.

I was correcting your BS about helpers, 'cheating' and highlighting how James jumped in right after Elders stealth check.

Stupid to bring it to the forums.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
Now if I would have sent and saw that Elderveld had sent same tick in front of me I would have recalled but he waited 2 ticks and then messaged me and sent???
Being an official helper means they should be held accountable for reasonable play style..
Intentional triggering is cheating whether it's against EULA or not..
Nice of you to support such play style Twigs.. Wondering.. did you support Zaheen when he intentionally triggered on so many people a few rounds back or were you on the band wagon to have him removed from the game??

Elderveld

Official Helper
I sent for stealth. Had to wait for insurance to come back.
Then sent my mob, but wasnt sure i sent enough to kill his traps. I sent a fwew more Lesser vamps. My mob was nowhere near enough to trigger. I re-send cause i'd thought u would recall.

For the rest, i realy have zero ****s left to give. I have been ****ed over, screwed and accused of many things by many people unrightfully over the years. Even u james. There are so many people whit cheats and ****ing each other over and over, backstabbing, spy's ETC.
You wanted more targets anyway, so now you have.

And my state of Official helper has nothing to do whit this, so i realy have no idea why u are bringing that up. It has no meaning these day's watsoever.

Leeroy

Head Gardener
Yeah i dont think anyone would deny it was Intentional triggering.

I was correcting your BS about helpers, 'cheating' and highlighting how James jumped in right after Elders stealth check.

I would still say a helper is to give help and at least set a "good" example to other players and new players in the game

But regardless about the "helper"

It's **** play,

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
You still haven't addressed the fact that you had someone else from your alliance send eta1 for my close after you p*****d out fighting government with me on FT...
If you wanted to kill me for stealing your target, why didn't you stay???

Max

Garden Designer

I disagree - if there is a particular playstyle that we want to discourage from the game we should indeed bring it to the forums.

If we want to discourage people piggying, we make it clear on the forums.

If we want to discourage 30% repeat bashes, we make it clear on the forums.

If we want to discourage intentional triggering, we make it clear on the forums.

None of the above are "cheating", but many would argue that they should be discouraged from the game and are "unsportsman like".

You could, if you wish, include "stealing someone's target after they checked the stealth themselves", but I don't personally consider that to be in the same league myself. Feel free to disagree, naturally. But I would like to voice the opinion that intentional triggering is a very nasty practice and you should be made to feel bad when you do it.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

I disagree

Public accusations and exploits:
11.1 - If you consider a player is cheating in the game or is harassing you in any way, do not make a public post about it, instead report them directly to Azzer via a forum PM or an in-game mail to ID 1.

The only people breaking any rules here are Leeroy and James.

A mod should delete any personal 'cheating' accusations.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Intentional triggering sucks, and always have.

James sent two ticks before Elderveld. Elderveld clearly sent for stealth and James must of known Eldervelds intentions. If anyone is in the wrong, I'd say Elderveld.

James sent before Elderveld. That is simple and clear. If James didn't recall, either Elderveld sent behind or find someone else.

That's my opinion..

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I don't think anyone's actually accusing Elder of cheating, so this rule isn't relevant.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Yeah, he did use the word "cheating", but from the context I got that he means more of a moral kind of cheating and general douchebaggery. Could be wrong though

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Can i just add that comparing 1 incident to Zaheens multiple fiasco is stupid. Different situations entirely.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
The alternative that rules offers is for you to try and complain to our dear admin, who now only responds to farmville requests

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
I posted that intentional triggering is cheating in my opinion .. EULA or no EULA ....
I think Willy posted something to the effect about it being too hard to police so is not in the EULA.
If my posting that it was obviously done by Elderveld is calling him a cheat .. then so be it.. I did refrain from posting the member who actually triggered on my close as he basically said he was duped by Elderveld into sending.. and didn't know why..
Also I spied the target before I sent and there was nothing on it about a stealth check.
And I reiterate.. if Elderveld would have sent right away.. I would have recalled... but he didn't send until 2 ticks later.
Stealth checks are sent in this game all the time without an immediate follow up attack... if sending on a target after a stealth check has been done is stealing a target then we are all guilty of that

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I posted that intentional triggering is cheating

And you accused Elder of doing it. So you broke forum rules. So your posts should be removed and you should be warned by a mod. Like you will be for doing what you did in Asmos thread.

Also I spied the target before I sent and there was nothing on it about a stealth check.

Then youre either A) blind / lying because its 1 line down from you sending

or

B) you spied before Elderveld sent, waited 20 minutes then sent without re spying

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
I posted that intentional triggering is cheating

And you accused Elder of doing it. So you broke forum rules. So your posts should be removed and you should be warned by a mod. Like you will be for doing what you did in Asmos thread.

Then youre either A) blind / lying because its 1 line down from you sending

or

B) you spied before Elderveld sent, waited 20 minutes then sent without re spying

yeah yeah ban me from forums but let's support intentional triggering lol