• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

How to get more players ...

p34nut

Weeder
Outing them as dicks doesn't hurt though.

And on that note, Jesse!!! is a ****. Congratulations on getting rank 1 by leaving Discworld and then using their ID list to farm land over and over again. You're a pro.

Well yer this was going be my example if asked lol :).
But yer my main annoyance isn't that he or anyone leaves alliances i understand that if you don't like it or whatever its the fact that this was clearly done for the purpose of farming early in order to win.

I was talking to one of my small droids this morning and he quoted something that he assured me he hadn't googled in order to make it seem like he was intelligent.
''There is no dishonor in losing the race. There is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose'' ie stop being c**ts.

Souls

Official Helper

And on that note, Jesse!!! is a ****. Congratulations on getting rank 1 by leaving Discworld and then using their ID list to farm land over and over again. You're a pro.

Class act.

Atlantis

Pruner
Its not the first time this has happened with said individual. Id like to think by naming and shaming it would put an end to it as people would be reluctant to recruit them. but as dax said they will just use multiple accounts to get our ids anyway.

Unfortunately its a part of bush life (and always has been) and in this case cheats do prosper.

:'(

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer

And to think people need to use these tactics on a dead game...

It's not annoying, its just getting funny and pitiful.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon

Well, actually - I did post regarding one certain StarGayzer about two or three rounds ago. Doing what, one might ask? An ID loitering in one of the smaller alliances (I have a very good memory despite my smoking habits) since round start, suddenly starts adrenaline rush boosting his attacks with CG? How quaint. But it gets stranger? Yup. When I mail the good sir about his actions, and why I had noticed this pattern of behaviour to be repeated - The second account magically disappeared.

Couldn't have written a better ghost story if my name were Michael Crichton, frankly.

And please don't flatter me with your bullsh*t, StarHomoFagNoob - I caught you bang in the cookie jar with both hands.

yawn..

Yochoko

Head Gardener

And to think people need to use these tactics on a dead game...

It's not annoying, its just getting funny and pitiful.

it is sooooooooo dead, indeed!! i had not voted even once prior to the round start, bought only tree acres, missed ticks here and there, and yet i was rank 79 at about 22:00 GMT (or maybe a little earlier). i bought up to 101 acres and hit sleep mode at 23:00 GMT, rank 101. then, some pro attacker with over 1,200 wheelies (who the hell waste money and troops on an attack so early? XD) stole 12 acres straight after hitting sleep mode! :O 8 hours later, i was still rank 172!! XD a joke, really.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
And that attitude is why you'll never have my respect in this game.

lucky its not your respect im after!

Whilst it might not have much value to yourself, you'll find that more often than not my efforts over the past 8 years of playing this game and working hard has earned me enough respect to think it should have some value to somebody with comparatively little even in the "long and seasoned" history you have. I bid you good day, and irrespective, you never even attempted to deny it.

Says a lot to me, and probably others in this community that had anything positive to say about you.

CLem

Head Gardener

Wow...there was a Jesse who was was a tool in Discworld in R48 as well, same person?

There's something to be answered for by whoever is leading the alliance too for (a) accept said person and (b) allow him in using the ID list that way. I might just be in dream work but is winning really this important to people...

p34nut

Weeder
Exactly winning at any cost in a game where there is 400 people or whatever doesn't exactly inspire new people to want to join what ever happened to respect.

The only reason i came back was for the laugh and just for nostalgic reasons however the players are what ultimately makes a good game great and i'm struggling to find a community worth shouting about that wont either

a.) Resort to using tactics that in other games would simply would lead to players getting zeroed multiple times for being a c**t.

or

b.) Focus on flaming others on forums just because there is a grudge (before you quote this and start trying to tell me why u dislike someone else for whatever reason i really couldn't care less.)

I like this game a lot for what it is but looking at it from the outside makes me realise that maybe the game didn't die like everyone says because the mods/azzer didn't care anymore maybe it died because the community isn't worth keeping a good game alive for.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Exactly winning at any cost in a game where there is 400 people or whatever doesn't exactly inspire new people to want to join what ever happened to respect.

The only reason i came back was for the laugh and just for nostalgic reasons however the players are what ultimately makes a good game great and i'm struggling to find a community worth shouting about that wont either

a.) Resort to using tactics that in other games would simply would lead to players getting zeroed multiple times for being a c**t.

or

b.) Focus on flaming others on forums just because there is a grudge (before you quote this and start trying to tell me why u dislike someone else for whatever reason i really couldn't care less.)

I like this game a lot for what it is but looking at it from the outside makes me realise that maybe the game didn't die like everyone says because the mods/azzer didn't care anymore maybe it died because the community isn't worth keeping a good game alive for.

The saddest part is that the majority of this game are wonderful people both in a game aspect and socially, but I feel the butthurt generated here is strong for simply disagreeing with something they might say.

My attitude is: If you aren't prepared to argue your viewpoint properly when somebody disagrees, then your opinion probably isn't as well thought-out as you might think it is.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
Just one round I would like to see the FTW alliances at least give a concerted effort to try and stay green -- this round they started getting massive red titles during flak wars :/
pretty lame if you ask me given there are >300 ids in the game - math is not my best suit but how many attacks can you mount in 3 days if you play 8 hours a day?
good lord SQ's even during flak wars.. how pitiful

JJB

Harvester
Just one round I would like to see the FTW alliances at least give a concerted effort to try and stay green

Would very much like to see some top 50 allied players staying green for as long as humanly possible

CLem

Head Gardener
I would LOVE to join an alliance that is going ftw with green title, someone do it please heh.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
In fairness, the only negative honour action the majority of my group have made is one planned attack. They're a lot more negative than I remember then being, that's for sure.

CLem

Head Gardener
In fairness, the only negative honour action the majority of my group have made is one planned attack. They're a lot more negative than I remember then being, that's for sure.

That's right, other than alliance planned attacks all the other attacks are controllable whether you go green or not, and by then you should be able to have enough honour buffer to absorb the alliance attack negatives.