• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

How to get more players ...

Gazzy

Head Gardener
Bit of an extreme and controversial idea, but:

1) Get rid of stealth*
2) Nerf rush units

No more need / less need to be 24/7 contactable or insanely active.

* Stealth units stay exactly as are, just no stealth.

Just a thought.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
1) Make your own successful app.
2) Advertise Bushtarion on it :p

1) Make your own successful bushtarion clone.
2) Advertise your own successful bushtarion clone.

Better IMO :D

Pretty sure that's illegal :<

pretty sure it's not. bushtarion is simply rehashed planetarion code. i mean planetarion is the backbone of this game. azzer took the source code and made bushtarion.

candy crush saga? how is it truly different from bejeweled or any match 3 game?

step 1: clone bushtarion.

step 2: change enough to make it yours.

step 3: ??????? (advertise? don't abandon? make it mobile?)

step 4: profit.

addendum: as for the original idea: except for offline solos - an alliance member can see 'unknowns' stealth used to be the biggest threat and gotcha moment, but for competent members it's not difficult to counter.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Well, plantarion (that bushtarion derived from) was given out as a freeware. So that's a bit different.

But I'm sure it's possible to make it work. There are plenty of tick based games out there. But you would have to emulate the feeling that we get from this game, and that might be hard to do if you change too many of the mechanics as well as unit names.

Gazzy

Head Gardener
@ Garrett: Yes, competent players can deal with it, but we need masses of new, in-competent and casual players for the game to survive and thrive (wishful thinking I know).

Making a new game or having an active admin are obviously better ways of trying to save the game ... but I was just musing and thought about the idea of making the whole game less intense.

AnTnEy

Harvester
More Players

More Players

Put a limit on how many times you can attack an id in the same week.I find one of the most things people don't like is when they have one or two guys constantly attacking them every time they grow. But have it to where it only counts when you have done damage to the person. Not sending and recalling. If that is possible.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
@ Garrett: Yes, competent players can deal with it, but we need masses of new, in-competent and casual players for the game to survive and thrive (wishful thinking I know).

Making a new game or having an active admin are obviously better ways of trying to save the game ... but I was just musing and thought about the idea of making the whole game less intense.

I understand what you are going for, but there has to be some kind of hook. Something to make it interesting. Sometimes players can only learn by doing. I'm not trying to be rude but some of these suggestions like making all units vanilla and eta 4 and 5 and visible... is like you are simply watering bush down to the card game 'war'. e.g. we might as well just have cards and flip them over to see who has the highest card.

In other words, players who can end up being somewhat competent at the game are the only players that will stay. Floods of ineptitude will only amuse the bashers. Might as well just add more bots more bots and more bots.

I don't mind the ideas, but grasping at any idea for the sake of it can also be detrimental.

These are all musings anyway because you could come up with the golden ticket and it wouldn't happen as there is no one to implement.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
ye but would Azzer even notice?

Who?

Creationism is the religious belief that life, the Earth, and the universe are the creation of Azzer.

Many people refer to "Azzer" as the original creator of 'Bushtarion' and credit him with the development of numerous "ages". Stories were passed from player to player - truths were embroided with the untruths that we now consider legend.

This led many to question whether some Vast Imbecility, Mighty to build and blend, But impotent to tend, Framed us in jest, and left us to hazardry. Or are we live remains
Of Godhead dying downwards, brain and eye now gone? Thus things around. No answerer I....

Last edited:
Reactions: Dax

p34nut

Weeder
Perhaps there should be penalties for leaving alliances and joining others at starts of rounds already know 2 have left the alliance i am in and since then we seem to have been heavily targeted by people from the alliances they joined...
some will say that o its like war its like having a spy..
maybe when the game was at its peak but now that there is like 4 alliances mite aswell make it so that you cant go private would be the same thing but would stop people joining an alliance just to find out whos in it, would sooner give the spot to somone that wants to atleast play with same people for a laugh.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Perhaps there should be penalties for leaving alliances and joining others at starts of rounds already know 2 have left the alliance i am in and since then we seem to have been heavily targeted by people from the alliances they joined...
some will say that o its like war its like having a spy..
maybe when the game was at its peak but now that there is like 4 alliances mite aswell make it so that you cant go private would be the same thing but would stop people joining an alliance just to find out whos in it, would sooner give the spot to somone that wants to atleast play with same people for a laugh.

I totally agree with you, and the answer is simple: There are people that believe they are good at this game, and will maintain it - That use multiple accounts to gain an intel advantage earlier and later on a troop boost advantage. There are two people that actively contribute on this forum I have caught 9000% red handed doing this, but exposing them is both pointless and ultimately won't have stopped the damage it has already caused for your group.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Outing them as dicks doesn't hurt though.

And on that note, Jesse!!! is a ****. Congratulations on getting rank 1 by leaving Discworld and then using their ID list to farm land over and over again. You're a pro.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Outing them as dicks doesn't hurt though.

Well, actually - I did post regarding one certain StarGayzer about two or three rounds ago. Doing what, one might ask? An ID loitering in one of the smaller alliances (I have a very good memory despite my smoking habits) since round start, suddenly starts adrenaline rush boosting his attacks with CG? How quaint. But it gets stranger? Yup. When I mail the good sir about his actions, and why I had noticed this pattern of behaviour to be repeated - The second account magically disappeared.

Couldn't have written a better ghost story if my name were Michael Crichton, frankly.

And please don't flatter me with your bullsh*t, StarHomoFagNoob - I caught you bang in the cookie jar with both hands.