Discussion to a suggestion... how to make the rounds more competitive?

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Stop with the off topic posts... I'll start deleting them otherwise.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
me as a member pls :) but if we're doing it by activity, do not expect plenty as we're hitting exam season.

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
I like the idea. However if you really want to shake things up then the whole game needs to be involved. The only people who really use the forums are the top players, which is fine as you could probably still pull the 60 people needed. However there are definitely some decent players in the 5-15 ranked alliance. As (Lafin?) said - it's the other players that drag them down. It'd be great if Azzer could link this on the overview, and also send a mail (I notice mails the minute I get them, whereas I don't read the overview updates until someone points out a change to me.) That way the less "involved" players could put their name forward.

Illumination

Head Gardener
I like the idea and just signed up for it. However, I do think that starting with a core of 20 players (if I read that right) is too many. You will basically have the same "Groups" with a few extras thrown in. I do recognize that its a game and that people want to play with people that they enjoy playing with- but maybe limit it to a core of 10 players then fill up to 20 with the general population? That would make more teams and allow for more diversity in the general make-up.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
i think the idea was that with a core of 20 "veteran" players, if they're getting picked turn by turn, it should be an even split considering most of those players have played with the captains before so the captains have some idea of what they're like/how they play.