• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Cyborg Gardener NERF

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
and i wont say more since all u do is troll and flame anyways, very much like the corrupted mods here.

You accuse me of trolling and flaming, and the mods of being corrupted..

You have yet to actually READ anything I have posted other than 1-2 sentences.. I don't even know where you get the "corrupt mods" from.. You are obviously one of those nubs that comes here thinking he already knows everything the game and REFUSES to listen to people who have actually played for years and might have some experience in these things. You want to be taken serious? Read the posts people make, and THEN respond.. Key word being "Read"

Zaheen

BANNED
and i wont say more since all u do is troll and flame anyways, very much like the corrupted mods here.
I feel the same way.

Just leave it now, you've made your point. They're not going to change their minds and agree with you, so every reply from here on out is just a waste of your time and energy.

And in this case it sounds more or less like the attacker underestimated the power of WKs :p

Also at this point in the round most folks have enough disposable income to buy hippies if they want.
I understand what you're saying, but he didn't underestimate anything, he had attacked previously he knew how many I had.

What he didn't take into account was the Hippies I had to buy to block him last tick, which answers your 2nd line above. If somebody has to buy Hippies to prevent land loss (and chooses not to), that doesn't mean they should cry out nerf. It's just because not many people want to buy them (including myself), but since it seems like a smart idea for the majority of the players this round to buy Hippies, I'm going to do it as well.

Now we go back to square one where the argument was to increase the development time(s) and so forth, if you want to think of it like that when I would suggest decreasing the time for Shield Androids, also make it so you have to develop Shield Androids first.

By then everybody are guaranteed to have enough units to stop CGs and they will eventually be useless again, excellent. I think this route had a soloists favour in mind when it was designed, allowing them to get easier steals to develop quicker. The thread was bumped because the current rank one alliance have a silly amount of Shield players, and unfortunately it's just something everybody else is going to have to put up with this round.

Rowan

Harvester

Oh yes, the stink of corruption of the Bushtarion moderators! You hear that DA? YOU SLIME-RIDDEN CORRUPT PUPPET~!

99% of the moderation is caused by 1% of the userbase!

YOU ARE THE 99%!

OCCUPY BUSHTARION!

Last edited by a moderator:

Davs

Garden Designer
Regardless of your opinion of CGs - all of you are bickering like little children. Grow up.

And for the love of God, can someone lock this thread before I have to murder someone.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Regardless of your opinion of CGs - all of you are bickering like little children. Grow up.

And for the love of God, can someone lock this thread before I have to murder someone.

Lucky for you you editted your childish stab at Zaheen from your earlier post, so I can't rub your nose in it now. :(

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Oh yes, the stink of corruption of the Bushtarion moderators! You hear that DA? YOU SLIME-RIDDEN CORRUPT PUPPET~!

99% of the moderation is caused by 1% of the userbase!

YOU ARE THE 99%!

OCCUPY BUSHTARION!
tumblr_ltpl1tQdrh1qm7pn6o1_500.jpg

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Obviously CGs have to be pretty strong so it isn't a waste of a dev, but I believe they can be made slighly more expensive and still be a good unit.

That's true, considering people don't even use them properly nowadays. They're supposed to be a second layer of flak to protect your geos but people just mass them like noobolos

In a decent alliance, everybody else provides the primary layer of flak anyway, nubje. I proved the effectiveness of said tactic in JB round. Massing them isn't noob at all, if you're doing it with purpose.

Zaheen

BANNED
In a decent alliance, everybody else provides the primary layer of flak anyway, nubje. I proved the effectiveness of said tactic in JB round. Massing them isn't noob at all, if you're doing it with purpose.
You both have valid points, but I'm going with Dimitar on this one.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
If only rep counted as money then he wouldn't be so poor. He could flame and get rep from weedy wasters like you, Dax :(

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

One moment.

care-cup.jpeg

It's alot to fill, brother - Best start that 18 mile walk to the water pump.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Willy, you must realize that nano get's CW first anyways
maybe if they have enough money for the mad price tag of stubot tech. but no one ever realy techs the stun bots before cg from what ive seen. else people wouldnt be complaining about cg so much with sd, and stuns to sweep.

... Also at least they get SDs which are an invaluable asset to any ally during the flak wars.
i made a point every dog has its day. sd = good at start., but how long then till you can actually kill **** and defend more than just flak?

Spec ops are completely useless till ninjas (assuming they're in an alliance and not going puppets).
sgt>privates once again every dog has its day

To those of you that think that delaying them till after hax would make them lose their viability you're mostly wrong. Just because you can counter them now with mass hippies doesn't mean your target is willing to buy mass hippies.

you seem to miss any other point i made in previous posts. Apprentices are out first, get one of the best ratios on the CG of any round start unit, and so are heavythugs. Both fire before stun bots throw in some regular flak stoppers and job done, and with hacks you know if they are present for certain to boot. no longer do CG have a nice window of reasonably easy to steal land. and stopping them just requires effort, by delaying the tech people could have a massed too many apprentices for CG to have thier fun. and stuns may have come out. (as you indicated if the cash is there stuns come out first). so no longer is that window of cg advantage available.

The fact your alliance is too ftf to want to try to deal with them before hacks or before pbs and masses of lethals are out is not the fault of the CG. They deserve a window of prosperity like any other route imo.
Otherwise Hell lets nerf/delay PB till nanos/sorcs are out because hooligans and loudies are too much effort to use to stop them. Whether the advantage is being stronger than regular flak before hacks are out, or being just the most powerful unit around when they come out, there is no difference. (i'd take a price hike over a delay to dev time)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
The fact your alliance is too ftf to want to try to deal with them before hacks or before pbs and masses of lethals are out is not the fault of the CG. They deserve a window of prosperity like any other route imo.
Otherwise Hell lets nerf/delay PB till nanos/sorcs are out because hooligans and loudies are too much effort to use to stop them. Whether the advantage is being stronger than regular flak before hacks are out, or being just the most powerful unit around when they come out, there is no difference. (i'd take a price hike over a delay to dev time)

But you can use PBs against PBs. You can't use CGs against CGs.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

and the rank 1 pb player always gets them first, has them for longer &/or more of them. whoever gets it first gets thier window of oppertunity whilst nothing can stop them. ive seen it plenty rank 1 alliance has PB where as rank 2 alliance has 12 hours till they get pb. CG is no different to my mind, You have a window of opportunity equally small if not smaller. Once an alliance tags you as having CG they should be able to stop you (if you disagree then argue to nerf their strength not thier dev time)

with HT/apprentice/skeleton already out... and pbs/zombie/stuns soon to follow if not also out, delaying them till after hacks is taking away that window to prosper as the amount of lethals around is far more but also because you know they are there for sure. Basically you kill the routes early advantage, imo.

Id take a double price tag over a time delay. just like how I like to send 200k-300k geos and make it look like 50k so there isnt enough sweepers. before hacks people assume. if they are wrong you can land, this is the strength of CG.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

and the rank 1 pb player always gets them first, has them for longer &/or more of them. whoever gets it first gets thier window of oppertunity whilst nothing can stop them. ive seen it plenty rank 1 alliance has PB where as rank 2 alliance has 12 hours till they get pb. CG is no different to my mind, You have a window of opportunity equally small if not smaller. Once an alliance tags you as having CG they should be able to stop you (if you disagree then argue to nerf their strength not thier dev time)

with HT/apprentice/skeleton already out... and pbs/zombie/stuns soon to follow if not also out, delaying them till after hacks is taking away that window to prosper as the amount of lethals around is far more but also because you know they are there for sure. Basically you kill the routes early advantage, imo.

Id take a double price tag over a time delay. just like how I like to send 200k-300k geos and make it look like 50k so there isnt enough sweepers. before hacks people assume. if they are wrong you can land, this is the strength of CG.

If one guy is 12 hours ahead of everyone else to develop PBs then that is the fault of everyone else and he deserves his advantage since the other PB players are clearly incompetent. But the point is that they COULD have PBs, they just don't because they're slow.

But you can send away from PB rushes (any mob sent eta 3 is pretty obvious even if you don't have hacks, which you should), or use your own PBs, hools or whatever to block them. And if it is sent eta 5 then you have plenty of options, such as your own PBs or officers/louds for range, or privates/zombies/HTs/apps/whatever for close range. So there are always ways to deal with PBs.

The difference is that when CGs come out there are no hacks, so no way of telling what you're facing, and as such you will almost always lose land against them since you'll be assuming the inc is gardeners.

Podunk

Head Gardener
Look I played CGs two rounds ago. There is never at any point in a round where you will have trouble stealing land with them. So saying that a tech time delay will make them useless is a bad argument, sure they lose a few hours worth of potential steals... Though in the long run that doesn't matter as their 'window of opportunity' that is being referred to lasts the entire round. They're viable from the moment they come out till the last tick of a round.

The same can't be said for many other units. Officers are worthless after the first few days of the round. The same can be said for LSPs. CDs are a terrible unit, serfs and skeletons are useless after the first week... The list goes on and on.

septimus

Harvester
Quick question:
Why is a public ally automatically just ftf? Im in it to win it dammit.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I think your saying bringing them out after hacks. When really you want them weaker..not later. i mean take political briber. no one complains they are out before hack. Because there are lots of HD lethal targeting lethals out at the time they are and you make a note of who has them.

You could do the same for CG if you really tried to... Bringing them out later would make it harder to get early land with them which is the point in deving them instead of useful attacking/defencive lethals. You aim to get a nice land count and rush through the expensive robo devs to get CW asap.

Anyway I dont think they need a nerf. As you have played them I guess it must be a difference of opinion. As when i played them and defended them I found they were defendable, and werent too overpowered imo. Though i was the person with mass apprentices and active, and did log every incoming i saw in player notes, and my experience/luck must have just been different to yours.

Ps. also public alliance is a que to send all the CG they can at you as soon as they can. if you were solo they couldnt and if they didnt know they couldnt. not to mention you have only 4 terrorist (none of whom seemd to stock any amount of HT i see no more than 100k in early battle reports between any of them) & 1 dragon route. no wounder you struggled relying on mass guru.

Last edited:

septimus

Harvester
Pfft, there's always an advantage when Im around, bring the CGs, I got a dog, not scared!