Cards on the table | R30

rooney

Head Gardener
And tbh, for me at least, winning is winning. Who's arsed about how you were remembered for winning?

thats why no-one respects an olympic athlete who gets 20 golds and then reveals hes on steroids. how you win is just as important DA. your attitude there is pretty damn **** imo

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Yeah, ofc comments to defend often include justification for ones actions. So what? All I'm doing here is sticking up for the people in TBA who have received, and will no doubt in the future receive, slander from players who are annoyed they've lost land/troops and want to take it out on the players responsible.

Which is fair enough, but what I'm saying here is that just because people thought (very early on) whats my safest bet for doing well, doesn't mean they should be automatically labeled "bad" players.

Last edited:

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
People dont care about losing DA, someone has too. People care about this new hyped up age 5, which we have waited for, for ages.

Then you guys bore your way to victory, know one cares what your saying, their is no glory in it. You guys can pretend you don't care what we think about your tactics, but deep down you know its a waste of a round.

People do care about victories and how they done it, know one will have respect for this, i really honestly have lost respect for a good number of you in TBA, you can say thats a sore loser. But no, i dont mind coming, second/third/fourth, as long as i can say my alliance honestly deserved it. You guys will NEVER be able to say it.

Changer this isnt revenge for people being massed in the past, the amount of times i have seen a full page of red incoming is ridiculous, dont try these ***** excuses at us.

You guys win, fair enough you win. But please never ever brag about it or ever be proud in your achievement.

n00bc0ntr0l - Stop whining and kill us? You out numbered any group in numbers this round, there were only 2 other real FTW alliance that stood a chance, myself and polo. That only ever made 3v2, BW recruited too late for a real chance. Ogluk always said he wasnt ftw, so trying our own powerblock was never gonna work.

Enjoy ur round.

Changer

Head Gardener
Please have a go at my by all means, but can you stop swearing im finding it slightly oot and offensive.

End of the day it has happened, and its not suddenly going to change now. Can you please tell me where im bragging btw. Cause I would love to know.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Firstly

Definitions of slander on the Web:

• words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another
-

My vocabularly is just fine, tyvm, and I find your attempt at a correction rather condescending.

Words falsely spoken. Libel = written.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Words falsely spoken. Libel = written.

At the risk of getting into an english lesson, most of the posts here are written in such a way to replicate the spoken mode. Besides that, slander is a perfectly acceptable word to describe slanderous remarks, written or spoken.

wiki said:
a false, malicious statement (spoken or published), especially one which is injurious to a person's reputation; the making of such a statement; to ...
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/slander

o.0

But w/e, I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to pick up on such a small technicality. :S

-

Off topic :/

-

nb. Polo when you've read this feel free to unapprove this exchange, it's horribly off topic.

[edit by DA] ^ done.

Last edited:

Ahead

Head Gardener
Personally I think the reason for this 10% of the playerbase wanting to join such a 'powerblock' is mainly because they themselves for numerous rounds have had to put up with bashings over and over again.

Suddenly they decide to bite back and all the players that are usually top are crying about it. Live with it, we all have had to for many a round.

Wow you really have no idea.. and you wonder why you've never been in a winning alliance before. It's not all about the activity, experience also plays a key part and from yours (and n0c0's) posts, it clearly looks like you're lacking. Firstly there are >140 people in the alliances you've bashed this round, so please don't say all those people win every round because they quite obviously don't.

You haven't had to live with anything. The rank 2 alliance gets massive incoming from the rank 1 alliance every round all through the round, and the rank 1 alliance has to fight resistances of 4-5 strong alliances, as well as 1 on 1 wars against other alliances from the top 3, but obviously you don't know that. These people that win don't just sit back and win automatically, and you would know that if you'd ever been in a winning alliance before. How many times in your "previous rounds of oh dear look we're being bashed" have you had to fight off a powerblock of 3 alliances? I'm guessing never. The people in this thread aren't complaining about the bashing, the fact that some new people are winning or anything like that. It's the fact that your ridiculous powerblock of people that don't deserve to win is top and ruining / stagnating the game. Organising defence against incs is fun and I'm sure pretty much all of the "winners" that you've been killing will agree with me.

But it's no fun having a game that we love ruined by some people so desperate to win that they destroy the fun for everyone else just to get that one win. Nobody here has won every round, you do lose some, that's how it works. If winning means that much to you maybe go play some game like solitaire where you're the only player and you won't **** on 100 other people to get your win. Ty

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
Please have a go at my by all means, but can you stop swearing im finding it slightly oot and offensive.

End of the day it has happened, and its not suddenly going to change now. Can you please tell me where im bragging btw. Cause I would love to know.

2 wrongs, dont make a right.

Changer

Head Gardener
Wow you really have no idea.. and you wonder why you've never been in a winning alliance before. It's not all about the activity, experience also plays a key part and from yours (and n0c0's) posts, it clearly looks like you're lacking. Firstly there are >140 people in the alliances you've bashed this round, so please don't say all those people win every round because they quite obviously don't.

You haven't had to live with anything. The rank 2 alliance gets massive incoming from the rank 1 alliance every round all through the round, and the rank 1 alliance has to fight resistances of 4-5 strong alliances, as well as 1 on 1 wars against other alliances from the top 3, but obviously you don't know that. These people that win don't just sit back and win automatically, and you would know that if you'd ever been in a winning alliance before. How many times in your "previous rounds of oh dear look we're being bashed" have you had to fight off a powerblock of 3 alliances? I'm guessing never. The people in this thread aren't complaining about the bashing, the fact that some new people are winning or anything like that. It's the fact that your ridiculous powerblock of people that don't deserve to win is top and ruining / stagnating the game. Organising defence against incs is fun and I'm sure pretty much all of the "winners" that you've been killing will agree with me.

But it's no fun having a game that we love ruined by some people so desperate to win that they destroy the fun for everyone else just to get that one win. Nobody here has won every round, you do lose some, that's how it works. If winning means that much to you maybe go play some game like solitaire where you're the only player and you won't **** on 100 other people to get your win. Ty

You think i dnt know any of that. Im sorry but im not stupid. But after the round has been won, certain players. Not possibly you, feel the need to **** on the rest of the playerbase not in the top 5 alliances. This happens every round, my alliance last round (I didnt want to lead, but circumstances lead to it) Spent 4 weeks with 1-3 alliances sending 6-12 players over 1 target on 2-3 ticks. We put up with that for 4 weeks ffs. I know what it feels like.

Last edited:

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I am more worried of how this all affects age 5 than anything else.

I consider this as a clear assault against all hard work what Azzer has done for this game. Turned against him be people in game making it unpleasant and unfriendly towards its players. This is how you people thank Azzer from all his work?

Age 5 was supposed to be the new beginning, now I dont know how much good can actually say of this game and age 5 to anyone after this stuff. It is like a hit under belt for Azzer. New age, new stuff and then people making 3 alliances out of 600 players playerbase.

What this will lead to? Next round another 3 alliances and same stuff... Azzer wasting his money to marketing a game when winning is done by masses even theres no mass. I think this is by far the worst blow anyone has ever done for this game and its future.

This is ofc my opinion you people can argue as much as you like, but when someone new joins and asks so what happend on last round... It doesnt sound good to say that 10% of players made alliance and powerblocked to victory against alliances 1/3rd of their size. I dont think I would like to join such game.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
wow you really have no idea.. And you wonder why you've never been in a winning alliance before. It's not all about the activity, experience also plays a key part and from yours (and n0c0's) posts, it clearly looks like you're lacking. Firstly there are >140 people in the alliances you've bashed this round, so please don't say all those people win every round because they quite obviously don't.

You haven't had to live with anything. The rank 2 alliance gets massive incoming from the rank 1 alliance every round all through the round, and the rank 1 alliance has to fight resistances of 4-5 strong alliances, as well as 1 on 1 wars against other alliances from the top 3, but obviously you don't know that. These people that win don't just sit back and win automatically, and you would know that if you'd ever been in a winning alliance before. How many times in your "previous rounds of oh dear look we're being bashed" have you had to fight off a powerblock of 3 alliances? I'm guessing never. The people in this thread aren't complaining about the bashing, the fact that some new people are winning or anything like that. It's the fact that your ridiculous powerblock of people that don't deserve to win is top and ruining / stagnating the game. Organising defence against incs is fun and i'm sure pretty much all of the "winners" that you've been killing will agree with me.

ahead for president!

Steve_God

Official Helper
And tbh, for me at least, winning is winning. Who's arsed about how you were remembered for winning?
+1.

Being the 'honourable guy' who leads the inactive, inexperienced new guys, and the compulsory spy from another ally who leaks your allies' IDs after 12 hours, gets a bit tiring round after round after round.

Leading those same guys (albeit, with stricter recruitment to ensure a spy doesn't get in, and they are a bit more active than normal) to a win makes a very nice change. Regardless of using the 'By Any Means' method of winning.

[snip]...There has also been some clever political deceiving in the picture which I must say that was well done.
Thank you! :)

And for those that keep saying that it's the round over, it clearly isn't.

Winged allies that have dominated the top have been taken down before, and they will do in the future.

We know where our weakness is within our allies, and we're doing what we can at the moment to make sure that it doesn't become the downfall of us. Needless to say, if WE know there's a weakness, it's down to the rest of the player-base to work out where it is and take us down.
If all these other 'more experienced', 'more skilled', 'more talented' groups of players can't work it out, then you don't deserve the win this round.

Game on! :grin:

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
+1.

Being the 'honourable guy' who leads the inactive, inexperienced new guys, and the compulsory spy from another ally who leaks your allies' IDs after 12 hours, gets a bit tiring round after round after round.

Leading those same guys (albeit, with stricter recruitment to ensure a spy doesn't get in, and they are a bit more active than normal) to a win makes a very nice change. Regardless of using the 'By Any Means' method of winning.

Thank you! :)

And for those that keep saying that it's the round over, it clearly isn't.

Winged allies that have dominated the top have been taken down before, and they will do in the future.

We know where our weakness is within our allies, and we're doing what we can at the moment to make sure that it doesn't become the downfall of us. Needless to say, if WE know there's a weakness, it's down to the rest of the player-base to work out where it is and take us down.
If all these other 'more experienced', 'more skilled', 'more talented' groups of players can't work it out, then you don't deserve the win this round.

Game on! :grin:

SG please, cmon this is embarrasing, people that win by using underhand tactics, powerblocking etc do get remembered and burnt for it, look at BW, he gets stick for his 2,3,4 wings when he had them and that was over 20 rounds ago, so please dont tell us that no-one remembers cheap wins.

our effort of doing something in your eyes your mistaking for us giving up / not knowing your weakness, many of us have played rounds with some of the guys your playing with, as stalking as it sounds, timezones are easy to find, dead hours (if youve played with said player) are known.

like polo said we cant just rush in all guns blazing because you jsut retal with an alli and take more than we stole, so our attacks will be picked carefully, our rushes will be fatal, and you sir, will die :)

and please, never say that i dont deserve to win, because it offends me.