Aion

Davis

Tree Surgeon
i bought the game and it doesn't run on my computer anymore, and i honestly dont want to get addicted, if someone wants to buy my copy for say $30 I'll sell it to them (I guess all i could sell was the CD key because i really dont want to ship it for losing 30 dollars on it :p)

Davis

Tree Surgeon
DarkAngel i know exactly where you are coming from with the complaint about quests in WoW, i started on GuildWars and loved it but all my friends talked **** about it and built WoW up to be some godly expeirance, i played for 10 days (10 day free trial) and basically got this out of it:
find 5 cactus bring them back
find 5 berries bring them back
find 5 this bring them back
kill 5 of this bring something they drop back

and know argueably wow "gets better after level 60" but wtf is a gay when i need to pay montly to force myself through something i consider repetitive boring and outright anoying when i could pay less to buy a game w/o subscription that i actually can start a new char on once a week and completely enjoy it over and over again whether i'm level 20 or level 1...

now off of the rant.
to answer your question, a lot of the quests within Aion are similar to the kill 5 find 5 bring back. but there is a little more to them, as in they have a reason/story to it, and there is like mini quests that you can do to fill in a more complex story line, so while it was similar i actually enjoyed it becasue i felt like i was actually accomplishing something/learning more about a story, instead of doing it to do it.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I suppose thats what I meant Davis - Quests being tedious arent SO tedious if they're part of an interesting story-line :p

In WoW I'm bringing back heads for no good reason whatsoever :p

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester
Are you serious?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/index.html :roll:

Your statement, Davis, has merely highlighted your ignorance about anything WoW-related, so to cast such harsh judgement on a game that you have very little knowledge about is, at best, foolish. I would suggest doing some research on subjects you wish to argue about in future... or continue looking foolish... your choice :)

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Are you serious?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/index.html :roll:

Your statement, Davis, has merely highlighted your ignorance about anything WoW-related, so to cast such harsh judgement on a game that you have very little knowledge about is, at best, foolish. I would suggest doing some research on subjects you wish to argue about in future... or continue looking foolish... your choice :)

I'm of the opinion that a game's story should just jump out at you - You shouldnt have to go read a book before you can play a game.

I played WoW for months and, though that was some time ago, I can quite honestly offer you no information regarding the storyline. Whether this was because the game, at the start, placed more of an emphasis on bringing back heads than the actual story I don't know - but what I do know is that I soon tired of doing quests that don't seem to be apart of anything bigger (i.e a story-line)

Greenfinger

Planter
Aion is a has a great gameplay. Superb interface etc.
AS to WoW, i´ve played that over a year now ;).

Both of theese games are great, somewhat different. But yet the same. If youre gonna like more intensive pvp, go to Aion (or go and create a character on a pvp WoW server, youre choise), if you want more of questing etc. Exploring, go to any WoW server.

I could go on for days about this matter, it coems down to a simple matter what you like to do.

I would recommend both games for anyone that has got alot of time to spare.
As for ppl say that WoW players have no life, it comes down to how mutch you play it. Theres So So SO mutch to do/explore/get in WoW, even players that have played it for 5 years havent dont it all yet. So yes, you CAN loose youre life there.

The same will go for Aion tho, but not that there will be so mutch to explore/quests to do. But for the great look at the game etc (damn, here i start again =P).

Choose vicely, you haven´t time to play "hardcore" on both.

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester
Wholeheartedly agree with Greenfinger.

As for DA's post, I have read none of the WoW books yet have some knowledge of the storylines which I have gained solely through doing quests. I'll grant you that overall, the original WoW (pre-tbc) was made up of so many different stories for different factions that it can be a bit confusing if you're looking for just 1 single storyline. But storyline quests are there nevertheless; for instance, there are some storylines quests with some pretty big endings, such as the Onyxia quest chain, and some side lore quests, such as the Defias quests (if I'm not mistaken these start as early as lv 18ish, probably even sooner).
In the Burning Crusade, the storyline is very clear and centered around Illidan, Kael'thras and the Naaru, with quests and raids following the storylines very clearly, and the same applies for WotLK which focusses on the storylines of the Lich King and Malygos to name just two.

In short, the storylines are there and have many quest chains associated with them. In actual fact, entry into certain dungeons could only be obtained by following specific quest chains which would grant you attunement to these dungeons and all of these quest chains follow and explain the storyline clearly. They're actually right in your face so to not notice them says more about the player than the game itself :p

Now... back to the topic of Aion. I'm still enjoying it and I'm liking the Rifts element as it means I can stay away from pvp if I choose to :p

Last edited:

Greenfinger

Planter
WoW wil lallways be one of the biggest. IF nothing big happens that does serious Critical head shot damage to Blizzards customers.
--------------

WoW is a storyline based mmorpg, WITCH story of things varies with every expansion. As for the latest, Onyxia is rewamped to 80´s ilvl245 end-game lol faceroll facepalm hardcore one buttonsmash i will watch tv while doing things - instance.
Now for the Cataclysm coming out, Azeroth will be rewamped entirly. So the former landscape - no more.

For Aion, i still got my 30day card that i havent used. Its still wrapped in the original plastic. Waiting for the day i get boored ;). I think i will go there, if i get with me a screw that is dedicated =).

For overall, both games are good at their things, PvP, PvE, RPPvP, RPPvE etc.
You like or dislike either of both of theese games. But for my opinion - Try theese both. Its worth the time you spend there, still, don´t waist youre hole life.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Quality so far. Like a greatly improved graphics version of WoW.

I must say i find the graphics a charmingly refreshing change. I have had no queues (but i'm ages behind the release date so it's no surprise).

I haven't been beaten down by masses of bots (yet, i'm sure that will come) and the quests have been the usual stuff you'd expect from an MMORPG; not a whole lot different from the WoW/GW quests you'd find. At least not so far.

overall i'm rather impressed, but we'll see as time goes on since i haven't even Ascended yet lol.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
hehe really? i gues you're not playing tooo seriously, i ascended in under 6 hous :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
hehe really? i gues you're not playing tooo seriously, i ascended in under 6 hous :p

i had to go to work when i was level 9 and half my exp bar filled, so my ascension was delayed. but now i'm ascended it's good ****. flying ftw ;)

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

i had to go to work when i was level 9 and half my exp bar filled, so my ascension was delayed. but now i'm ascended it's good ****. flying ftw ;)

-i just ascended on your mother-
-reading this makes my balls ascend-
-you ascended to heaven, but unfortunate it was backwards day-

Illumination

Head Gardener
The waits in Aion have been figured out (They seem to have taken care of that in the first couple of weeks). I still have an account, but don't play too much. I think that if you are a gamer at heart, you would really enjoy the game. I'm not a gamer- but enjoy talking to the legion members:p The wings are too fun for me to give up!