51 awards discussions

BabyMaker

Weeder
would it be out of the question to ask whom this brandon character is? im curious to know what his ID was this round so i can put a "face to the name" as it is said.

nevermind, i know he is in asc, and since it was said he will finish in the top half of his ally, there is a certain player in the top 9... that seemed to be kinda noob. i can only assume its him :p

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
I like oonie. Sometimes unreliable.

Sith and Brandon are too unpredictable. They will respond to anything one minute then the next they won't.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Don't get me wrong i don't dislike any of them,just 1700ticks clocked compared to 4k-5k hrs is a big difference..

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Hmm obviously they can't be THAT bad if they wernt kicked

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
They were, it's just that Alex didn't want to kick them. No idea why, there were a lot of people calling for their heads. lol

Max

Garden Designer
I like Brandon, always enthusiastic and willing to help. I'd choose well-natured over competency personally, but I can understand that his unreliabiity does irk more ftw players.

Gazzy

Head Gardener
I'm staunchly NOT FTW. I turned down SP this round as I thought AC would be more relaxed. Bit nice or not, I would rather have a consistent noob over someone that's good but just can't be relied on.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Can we stop with the ftw thing? Because the nostalgia thread is right when it says virtually no modern alliance is even a scratch on winning alliances of years gone by. You are a contactable and competitive alliance. Some might claim that attitude is far overkill for the game in its present state, but it will continue - But Jesus Christ please stop referring to it as that.

Gazzy

Head Gardener
FTW or FTF refers to a personal approach to the game. It has no link to the wider state of the game and therefor no comparison to how the game used to be is relevant.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
But everybody plays because they ****ing enjoy it. JFC. It's bullshit, so stop using the damn term. Of course how the game used to be is relevant, because it was actually difficult to win and winning was something to take pride in. You just proved this round that there is no real competition when people refuse to take opportunities to win, and you had idiot players you couldn't rely on. True winning alliances don't make these noob errors and actually win.

If it weren't for Cyrus being a total cockend, you wouldn't have won at all! So the road down Easy Street is not worthwhile classifying as "FTW". So just stahp.

Gazzy

Head Gardener
FTW doesn't exclude having fun, so your argument is flawed.

And you can't just say that the current game state is relevant to someone's personal approach to the game. Saying it doesn't make it true. Offer a logical reason why they're linked and I'm happy to discuss. Otherwise go back to trolling.

Gazzy

Head Gardener
Dax, for your clarity:

FTW - Enjoying the game while actively trying to achieve R1.
FTF - Enjoying the game*.

* May have personal goals unrelated to achieving R1, like taking part in big BRs, etc ...

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
titles and labels only serve to sum up one extreme or the other and dismiss anything in between. clinging to them only serves to close one off and insulate oneself.

Gazzy

Head Gardener
^ Dax, take note from Garrett on how to form a valid argument based on logic.

Garrett, good point. I agree, but labels also serve a purpose in allowing people to explain a stance without a long explanation.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
I won't disagree with that, but in my opinion there comes a time when people have used or overused them for so long that they become near meaningless. At the very least they become over simplified versions and the next (for lack of a better term) generation or two, continue to use them without the understanding.

Sometimes it's good to drop them and explain it out. This opinion stems, sadly, from the overuse of labels and terms in USA's current political climate over the last 10+ years.

Franny

Head Gardener
Toby you are living in a dreamworld mate.

Come on, give yourself at least some credit, you're clutching at straws if you actually think someone is going to hold off attacking, i don't know any game where that happens and i have played too many to count. They thrive with players still coming in.

so maybe we should start to look at the community rather than anything that happens in game, that's me done on this matter, enjoy the rest of your round as i am done with Bush.

Lol! Anyone thats been around the block knows when to give an alliance like spanish inquisition a break. In numerous rounds I have refrained from training and relentlessly attacking ftf alliances.

Too many keyboard warriors now though. I still find it laughable that bw did most of the damage on christmas.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
But a lot of people do. It was better when there was an enforced break, since that's what it takes to make people do the right thing.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Toby you are living in a dreamworld mate.

Come on, give yourself at least some credit, you're clutching at straws if you actually think someone is going to hold off attacking, i don't know any game where that happens and i have played too many to count. They thrive with players still coming in.

so maybe we should start to look at the community rather than anything that happens in game, that's me done on this matter, enjoy the rest of your round as i am done with Bush.

Lol! Anyone thats been around the block knows when to give an alliance like spanish inquisition a break. In numerous rounds I have refrained from training and relentlessly attacking ftf alliances.

Too many keyboard warriors now though. I still find it laughable that bw did most of the damage on christmas.

You can't argue with a self assured idiot, Franny. I know the urge to try is there, but this man is so far beyond the line of intellectual return that I implore you to either just laugh at him or correct his spelling and grammar for your own personal entertainment.