Starcraft 2

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So those that have tried the beta, what's the verdict on it? Ideally an unbiased/unfanboi verdict - ie just a straight review of it in terms of a strategy game :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
soooo..

31 Days Till Release

its like a month. how was beta? is the game shaping up? someone fill me in b*tches

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Er, no release date has been announced so I don't know how you have a specific number of days. I highly doubt it will be coming out that early.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
I stopped taking tomtree seriously when it took him this long to download the beta, saying **** like that just cemented my view. :p

It's not up to broodwars level yet, but then it's still just in beta stages, lots of balancing still being done. But those shoes are probably impossible to fill anyway. Iit's FAR from average though.

Lovin it so far!

I'd write more, but it's late. Maybe I'll go in to more depth tomorrow.

Oh, and whoever said it's out in 31 days is wrong. No official release date has been announced by Blizzard yet. It's probably not too far off though, they did say they were hoping for a summer release.

tomtree

Head Gardener
I stopped taking tomtree seriously when it took him this long to download the beta, saying **** like that just cemented my view. :p

It's not up to broodwars level yet, but then it's still just in beta stages, lots of balancing still being done. But those shoes are probably impossible to fill anyway. Iit's FAR from average though.

Lovin it so far!

I'd write more, but it's late. Maybe I'll go in to more depth tomorrow.

Oh, and whoever said it's out in 31 days is wrong. No official release date has been announced by Blizzard yet. It's probably not too far off though, they did say they were hoping for a summer release.

lol, im not saying i dislike the game... far from it. infact i will probably buy it when it comes out cos im looking for a new RTS. however i didnt think it really stood out from all the other RTS's. i mean i would just as happilly go back and play Age of Empires 2.

admittadly i am not very good at Starcraft because i didnt play the first one much, hence it took me a while to work out how to play (particulary as zerg) seeing as there is no explanation on the beta. I will carry on playing though. you got any tips? and what are your nicks on it?

tomtree

Head Gardener
infact im going to take back the average comment...

i have played it more now and am getting the hang of it a bit. it seems to be pretty well balenced, or at least better than most and this is only the beta. on top of that there are so many different online stratergies! in a lot of RTS's its just quickly mass one unit and rush; well that certainly isnt the only way to play this, and if you are up against a good opposition it wont work.

not only this but i can now even pre-ordered the game; how's that then Mattheus? :p

Darryl

Head Gardener
July the 27th it is. Week booked off work already. Good times ahead.

In before: Hell, it's about time.

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
sorry im sure it was an official pre order now website 31 days my bad. :( luckerly i didnt order.

well july the 27th it will have to be. good times. i do have some holiday saved up.... interesting idea darryl.

jeff54321

Harvester
C+ *****es!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and SC2 is meh imo ill prob grow to like it once it comes out tho

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Nice Jeff :eek: Now get to B!!

The regionalised servers tilts me so much, you realise you'll never get to pwn me in sc2 jeff? :(

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I was like 15-5 in SC2

And then I went like 0-6

I was so depressed i didn't play at all yesterday :p