Cards on the table | R30

Elevate

Weeder
nice to see my reply was removed...

anyway, get over yourself guys its a war game there are no rules as to what tactics can be used to win.

Matthew

BANNED
Well ofc it does.
Either this guy is trying to provoke us to do exactly what his leaders wants him to provoke us to do.

Or he has not got enought cajoneys (how ever spelled) to actually organize anything himself.

I am not with TBA.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I have requested Azzer an exclusive interview to find out his opinions about the powerblock and other events at top and he as a player acccepted to answer my questions:

DarkSider: Twigley, Steve_god and JJ claimed they're not in the same bed at the beggining, then we hear Steve is long term allied with Twigley and now we still see the 3 allies at the top ranks with no sign of aggression on eachother, just using combined force to smash other alliances. What you believe from all this ?

Azzer:I believe all three probably planned this from the beginning, before it even ticked - denying it at first to buy themselves time to settle in to their positions and work together before people knew ID lists etc... all three are clearly allied together as three wings working together to outnumber any other alliance 3 to 1 very early on to secure a fast lead, and then continue working together bashing everyone to secure their ranks, regardless of image, style, honour, or anything else. Rank rank rank.

DarkSider: How would you call the leaders and players of those allies ?

Azzer: Cowards, yellow-bellies, wimps, big-girls-blouses... too scared to face eachother because they know they'd have a tough fight, so they gang up and bully everyone else.
They're scared to lose. So they work together and stay together.

DarkSider: You'd expect them to stay together till the end ? Knowing Steve he will probably get bored and most likely doesn't want to get a reputation similar to BW.

Azzer:I predict all three to stay together till the end if they are all ridiculous pussies, OR, knowing the playstyle of the top ranked ally's leader/organiser... half way through the round or near the end of the round, when the rank 1 ally has ENOUGH of an advantage to be guaranteed safety - they'll work with the 2nd to kill the 3rd (telling the 2nd and convincing them they are safe) - then do the same to the 2nd. Until it happens all three think they are safe and best friends and it'll never happen.
But as far as ranks 2 & 3 are concerned - they will stay together to the end. They'd rather quit of boredom, than attack their "buddy boys" and risk dying. That's cowardice.

DarkSider: I was actually expecting Steve and twigley to backstab JJ since it's said JJ has an alliance of pro's while twigs and steve probably know if they want to win they can't take them 1:1 after. I'm sure at least twigs is planning a way to win and not to fight the final battle in disadvantage.

Azzer: Possibly, but the rank 1 alliance will be the one that's in the strong position to manipulate the other two alliances the most, and the other two alliances would let themselves be fooled more easily because it's nicer to believe you're safe, than to think the people who you powerblocked with would turn on you.
The problem with the "turning on eachother" aspect - the 'victims' will die, lose their ranks... but because they didn't do it by choice, they'll still be labelled as powerblockers by the rest of the game. The ONLY way to "save face" and stop themselves being concemmed to Bushtarion history as lame players, is to take action themselves, not to sit around waiting for something to happen.

DarkSider: You think they care about saving their face ? You said earlier on mirc that Twigley might like getting all the negative attention.

Azzer: Some will enjoy it. Others will think that as long as they have "eachother", nothing else matters. But I know there is quite a large portion of players there that would rather be remembered as good players, than lamers, and are starting to question their position. Some will be thinking "I don't like this, but I daren't backstab these guys" and might be thinking about deleting/restarting... even quitting... because it avoids two things (don't need to backstab, don't need to live in a powerblock) - but maybe some will have the guts to take action and stand up for their names. With politics forums being new, and people will be encouraged to put all these stories in to the Wiki articles after....
I think the idea that your name could go down in history forever as a powerblocker, a lamer... or as somebody who died but led a huge backstab in a hilarious "Up yours!" to their ex-powerblocking allies mid-round... is something that might affect people's judgements about whether to take action or not.
I'd rather backstab, have a hilarious fight, make a great political post about the backstab, then be killed by my now ex-allies and live the rest of the round fighting in the mid-rankings... than just quit out of shame/boredom, or sit around with my rank knowing that basically every other player out there thinks I'm lame and don't deserve it.

DarkSider: Yeah you make a believer out of me, let's see if they gather any balls :D
What you think of Chance and War? Huh ? They fought their own battles so far and are still contenders to top.

Azzer: Chance, War?, even Discworld and a few alliances below, if they are all fighting their own fight, are earning their own name, battling it out and playing the game with a sense of pride and fun. I don't watch what they're doing in-game so I don't know the actual facts surrounding every alliance of course, but that's my interpretation in general. It also looks like the game could still be turned around if they could ALL work together in a mass resistsnace, but tbh it'd be tough, it'd require far more co-ordination than the top 3 allies now, and it shouldn't be necessary - one of those top allies should be taking responsibility, and a resistance should only be needed to take down a "top ally" for fun, it shouldn't be needed to dismantle a powerblock, not in this day and age when leaders/players should be doing better than powerblocking like that.

DarkSider:Well then, what you think of BW and his 2 allies ? He has rank 12 and 14 but he doesn't get as much attention since he is lower in ranks.

Azzer: I think powerblocks/alliances between allies is always bad, and don't think he should be doing it. The middle-ranks are having to face their own "Multi-wing" enemies which shouldn't be the case. Fortunately they do have genuine challengers - there's plenty of alliances that could kill them, so while it's poor gameplay, that aren't "ruining the round for everyone", and they haven't made themselves "immune to real threats" - there's plenty of single alliances big enough to handle both wings. But I still think any form of "wings" is bad.

DarkSider:You kinda started this fashion with alliance wings and pnaps between allies. Players got used to have outside help .. they tasted the easy ride and can't quit anymore.

Azzer: Pnaps were a way of phasing out the old style play wether everyone could defend everyone (remember back then?) Wings were ALREADY being used, very heavily. Pnaps were my way of saying "I'm reducing your abilities with wings now, but I'm doing it a bit at a time because grossly drastic changes upset everyone". I certainly did not cause/create the fasion of wings. I started phasing them out when I replaced "defend anyone" to "replace only naps", and then eventually removed the naps, too.

DarkSider:Any last words ?

Azzer:The round's never over until it's over. And those condemned to make a bad name for themselves can redeem themselves with good actions - the sooner you act, the more glory you can claim. If you're sat in those top 60 and don't like the fact you're being branded as a "Lame" player by the rest of the game, and don't like the fact you're helping cause so much upset and dismay in this first Age 5 round because of the selfish playstyle and attitudes of your leaders, then do something about it. If you sit there saying "I don't like this", but stay doing it anyway, then you're just as bad as everyone else in the powerblock. Condemn yourselves to a bad history or step up now - and if you do manage an epic backstab, write a nice politics story about it and get the game involved, and let everyone know who did it and what they did - take some glory from an unglorious situation.

Thx for the interview, maybe some will search deep inside and find their thirst for glory as the big man said :p

Last edited:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I have alot to say on this and i'll finally post my actual thoughts tommorow.

But for now:

If you guys are moaning because apparently we only care about rank/score...and your moaning because we are hitting people down together, thus making them loose rank and score, or in other words not letting people reach a certain score...then why does it matter to you if you dont care about rank that much? Surely you could then decide together to fight for ranks 4/5/6 etc...or fight to get in the top 50 rather than the top 10?

My main annoyance:Also, it still annoys me that alot of you people will and have used every tactic under the sun to win/fight and its all well and good as long as your winning...as soon as somebody comes along and does something which leaves you not at the top...its suddenly "Runing the game" and the worst thing in the world....the hypocrisy astounds me!

Also, we arent better players than you, and there are far better players (certainly than myself) in lower ranks this round but we were better prepared and we were better organised.
Alot of people (certainly in SG) dont play this actively often and are pretty much unknown in the game, for once this round we've acted to tip the round in our favour...

I'm not saying i necessarily like the way the round has turned out but all is fair in love and war, and as long as working together in a larger group isnt against any game rules i dont think any of you have the right to condemn us like you do!

Lastly, for those of you that think the round is boring for us...it really isnt, personally im having loads of fun!
x

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I really begin to like this argument - "If you don't like it, then do something about it!".

Tomorrow, I will go out, get 5 of my mates and beat up a kid (not like I cannot beat a kid alone, but it would just be more fun if I do it with 5 others). Then I will sit next to him and say, "Hey, you don't like us beating you? Then do something about it!".

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
i think everyone is allowed to voice their thoughts on what your doing Pinpower, i know your post wasnt aimed at anyone in particular but you cant call hypocrisy on my posts, like other players ill refuse to do something if i honestly feel against it, and i can understand why YOU might not wanna leave your alli, its kinda the same way BW dictates, your left with the more than likely outcome of being zero'd if you dont play how your being lead which you probably dont wanna have to deal with after the effort youve put into your alliance(?)

at some point you'll come to terms that what your doing is forcing players away, NONE of us should wanna be doing this, we wanna bring players in so there is more competition, i would much rather be fighting 20 strong allis then being on top dominating.

I really begin to like this argument - "If you don't like it, then do something about it!".

Tomorrow, I will go out, get 5 of my mates and beat up a kid (not like I cannot beat a kid alone, but it would just be more fun if I do it with 5 others). Then I will sit next to him and say, "Hey, you don't like us beating you? Then do something about it!".

then he fetches his 7ft 2 dad.

Last edited by a moderator:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Cyrus, your right..everyone is allowed to voice their opinions...i didnt mean to sound like i was suggesting they shouldnt

I meant more of "I personally dont think what your saying is justified"...if that makes sense?

Sorry if i came off condescending or w/e. :)
x

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Lol, I ain't some kid to be afraid of his dad and so will be my mates. We can take his whole family if we have to.

I hope you get my point.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I meant more of "I personally dont think what your saying is justified"...if that makes sense?

I personally don't think your face is justified.

But I love it just the same. Joking aside, some might say that a 60 man powerblock is not justified.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
lol garrett...i love you too!

Personally i think a winged alliance is justified at the moment, whether or not its necessarily good is what you guys are rowing about!

x

Garrett

Landscape Designer
let's not say we whiteman. i deleted after my alliance missed the opportunity to take out SG and opted for the obvious trap. we were supposed to kick ass and take names and instead we decided to wait and get smashed. i really just wanted the face justified joke.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

Lol, I ain't some kid to be afraid of his dad and so will be my mates. We can take his whole family if we have to.

I hope you get my point.

or forgive me for my innuendo(?), get this 'Kid' seperated from his 'dad' ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Personally i think a winged alliance is justified at the moment

absolute horsesmeg. At the start, yes, tactically i'd agree it was justified but it's gone on for far too long :p And that is not really up for discussion amongst rational human beings.

Last edited by a moderator:

LostinNY

Weeder
a long time ago bushtarion had over 2000 players. Granted some were not very active, but the player base has diminished with every round. Age 5 was suppose to change that and instead after only 1 week, we have a powerblock of 3 alliances(not 2 which is bad enough, but 3). And you can justify it all you want and say you were going for the win, etc, etc... And you can say the round is not over and if every allaince coorindinated a resistance that we could take all three of you out... I don't think that is the point. This was suppose to be a new start and get more people interested in a game that is slowly dying and instead you guys ruin it for a lousy powerblock, for more bashing, for more disinterest in the the game, more reason for people not to play, to get your names in portal again?...seriously this is just sad.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I'm not saying i necessarily like the way the round has turned out but all is fair in love and war

I like what you said about not being better individuals, but being better prepared. I still don't like the powerblock because it contains just about 10% of all the active players in the game!!. Had the player base been vastly bigger it would be an altogether different case. I'd still call you out for not fighting us 1v1, but in a light fashion manner. But I don't think you guys are truly realizing what this is doing to the game.

However, that argument of yours is truly and utterly false. It has always been, and will never be anything but, a flawed way of justifying wrongs. There are so many actions being done by this cover, child rape, rape in general, mass execution of certain tribes, and on it goes.

You can to some extent justify killing off whole groups of people, because you want peace when the war ends. But how can you ever justify a mass rape of every single women in a country? How can you ever justify killing 10 year olds, or cutting off their limbs just in case they might be soldiering against you when they grow up? How can you ever justify torturing innocents for the sole reason of testing (Dr Mengele, e.g.)?

There are so many examples on this matter, and I simply cannot accept that as an argument to do whatever you please, on the expense of others. Gathering 10% of the player base to secure a position is okey. Gathering 10 % of the player base to get and keep the position is not okey. Not because you're not letting me win, but because whatever you do on top sends ripples out, causing more damage the further down the ranks it goes.

Let's face it, the players you can attack wont quit because of your actions, but the lock you've put on the rankings is causing all kind of headaches for the lesser ranks. With incoming from 60 players you have to replace a whole lot more land than with incoming from 20 players, so you're not just effectively cutting off the mid ranks wars, but you are increasing the strain on the lower alliances by quite a lot. And they are the players most likely to quit. I'm not overly bothered by my rank, or if I die in defence or gain acres in attacks. It's all fun, so please don't take this as a gripe, for it is not. It is a genuine concern.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
tba.jpg

Lol - Love it - very witty!

:p