Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Flock / K-Melon / Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Souls

Official Helper
I've been a long time user of FF, but found it to be really quite clunky, and a *huge* memory hog.

On the recommendation of a friend, I switched to Chrome. It took me a while to get used to the lack of AdBlock Plus (I never realised some of the sites I visit regularly had so many ads!), and the tabs being in the titlebar, but that was it, from there on I'm on Chrome.

I'm just waiting for addon support though, so things like the toolkit for bush and the "play now" button for Battlefield Heroes work...

There are addons supported if you start chrome with "-enable-extensions" parameter

http://www.mychromeaddons.com/

damfrankie

Pruner
hmm, what web-browsers do I use:

on my business PC's and laptop its IE
on my private PC I use FF
on my macbook i use Safari
on my iphone its also Safari (light ?)

To be honoust I dont believe the differences are very big for the use I make of it. Even though I know its a very hip and incrowd thing to piss at IE; it works quite fine for me.

Davs

Garden Designer
I don't understand enough about computers and browsers to be able to say the bad points about IE, I just know that FF tends to load pages a bit faster and I generally prefer the feel of it - thus I use it.
I've never tried Opera so I can't judge that, and as for Google Chrome, I don't know why but there was something about it I just didn't like, just a general "feeling" about it.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Firefox for me.

Chrome seems OK, I like the minimalistic feel to the UI. The toolbars take up a lot less space then firefox.
As for the speed, haven't used it enough to really make a judgement. But that's more of an e-penis stroking excersise on the developers part these days anyway, the difference in speed between the mainstream browsers isn't really big enough to write home about.

However, for me the deal breaker is a decent lack of adblock plus. Like Bunion I got quite a surprise when surfing some regular internet-haunts of mine to find they had adverts shotgunned all over the place. No thanks.
I clicked on your link Souls, and their version of adblock is a rather crude work-around, not gonna faff around with that when I can use firefox and its much more elegant solution. :p

Will be interesting to see whether Google allow proper adblock functionality in the future. It's something which a lot of people are waiting for, but it directly conflicts with all their money-making schemes. At the end of the day, Google make profits from online advertising, their search features are just a means toward that.

Will also be interesting to see what happens in the Google/Mozilla relationship. For a fair while now Mozillas main sorce of revenue has been Google (in the area of 85%), wonder whether that will continue now that they're rivals in the browser wars. :p