Ye olde server

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Sorry to be a moaner or anything but I can't ever remember a time when bush was this unreliable. I've lost count how many times it's gone down this round. Granted most of the time it's just a few minutes here and there, but when it's happening several times a week then it kinda adds up to a server which needs a damn good slapping.

Is Azzer aware on this? I know he's informed when it goes down for longer then a few minutes but not sure he knows how regularly it's happening.
Whats the dealio? Is it just a server that went out of date in 1993? An incompetent data hosts? Either way its getting kinda boring seeing #bushtarion enter ZOMGSERVERISDOWNPANIC mode.

(As I write this bush is working, just very very slowly. :()

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Re: Ye olde server

Server is really realy good one, its located in USA on some web hosting company. This kind of problem is the type of problem where you just cant do anything about it.
Azzer as customer ofc demands information of why server is down, as long as that company can provide reasonable information and reasons for its downtimes theres nothing to do about it. If such happenings are getting out of hand only option is to move server to another location.
I bet it takes bit more than few small breaks to get server moved.

Bobbin

Head Gardener

last time was because someone else in the data centre was being DDOSed... unfortunatly, that could happen on any host... so nothing can be done about it really.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

the computer downstairs has a hardtime logging on to bushtarion (read: impossible) since new server came up :(