Wtf is the Point?

PFox

Digger
I still haven't seen any point in Bushtarion...
Every damn time anyone of me or my friends gets a reasonably comfortable force, some **** (the same one every damn time) slaughters everything, despite us being over 150 ranks lower than him. So why bother wasting any time at all if theres **** all that you can do before some dick comes along and wipes out the last few days worth of progress...

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Every damn time anyone of me or my friends gets a reasonably comfortable force, some **** (the same one every damn time) slaughters everything, despite us being over 150 ranks lower than him. So why bother wasting any time at all if theres **** all that you can do before some dick comes along and wipes out the last few days worth of progress...

there isn't. the game is dead. just a few people play. so there are fewer targets, but to be honest there are some people who will always attack the same target because they like the ease of which they can do so. if everyone looked for an actual challenge there would be no red titles.

someone continually attacking the same target at their bottom range over and over is about their own perceived epeen.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Most people have absolutely no idea how to attack and will just hit the same person over and over if they know they can kill/land on him.

It sucks. My advice, in all honesty, is to find a better game to play.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
Or keep on playing and learn how to send out and challenge yourself to be the **&^%#$ that is 150 ranks above you. That's the point. It's true the game has far far fewer players than the previous posters are used to.. but it's far from dead.. just different dynamics.. name some other browser based games that have oh so many more players than bush does... browser based games dead?
Maybe... but this one seems to keep the very same people who gripe about it not being the good old days, coming back again and again every round.
Yeah there are far too many players who take the easy road and attack tiny targets and those who think the only way they can "win" is through brute force instead of some initiative and effort..
I say stick with it.. you can manage to defeat the lazy players.. make that the point of continuing to play if nothing else

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
and furthermore... shame on you Toby and Garrett. Now I know neither of you are the S**** player this poster was talking about but.. Are you both so upset that a game you have played for years is not fun for you anymore. And so just determined to sabotage it for any new players instead of making some suggestions, offering some advice?

You both constantly ridicule and blast the game as being dead and tell any who have made posts like this guy to just quit playing and yet you both return round after round (doesn't matter that you play inactive.. you create an id!)
Is it because you both are so addicted to the damn game you don't have the willpower to just leave it so you try here on forums to convince other people to stop playing hoping the plug just gets pulled on the server and you get an immediate and complete addiction cure?
This is only my 11th round and I have never experienced the huge numbers of players and alliances that once were, but hey you know what.. I am still enjoying the game and don't want it to die completely tbh. And I am certain I am not alone with that feeling by many folks both veteran and noobs.
So please could you at least try to not destroy it for others because it is destroyed for yourself.
Both of you have much knowledge and skill at this game, would it really hurt you to instead of making the kind of comments as above to encourage the guy or have him PM and offer some help ?? And barring that even though it is a public forum and negative opinions are allowed.. just stfu

and furthermore... shame on you Toby and Garrett. Now I know neither of you are the S**** player this poster was talking about but.. Are you both so upset that a game you have played for years is not fun for you anymore. And so just determined to sabotage it for any new players instead of making some suggestions, offering some advice?

You both constantly ridicule and blast the game as being dead and tell any who have made posts like this guy to just quit playing and yet you both return round after round (doesn't matter that you play inactive.. you create an id!)
Is it because you both are so addicted to the damn game you don't have the willpower to just leave it so you try here on forums to convince other people to stop playing hoping the plug just gets pulled on the server and you get an immediate and complete addiction cure?
This is only my 11th round and I have never experienced the huge numbers of players and alliances that once were, but hey you know what.. I am still enjoying the game and don't want it to die completely tbh. And I am certain I am not alone with that feeling by many folks both veteran and noobs.
So please could you at least try to not destroy it for others because it is destroyed for yourself.
Both of you have much knowledge and skill at this game, would it really hurt you to instead of making the kind of comments as above to encourage the guy or have him PM and offer some help ?? And barring that even though it is a public forum and negative opinions are allowed.. just stfu

Whoa... I actually agree with the general message here, not focused at anybody, but just this type of attitude. Well said James...

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

There's no point trying to persuade someone to stick around if they're upset about being repeatedly wiped. Bushtarion is all about being able to accept defeat but being able to regroup and rebuild.

Recent times have made that harder than ever - if you don't have the stomach to see that when you login - and to shrug it off, then the game really isn't for you.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
fair point .. however if someone doesn't take the initiative to point out to the newer players that it is in fact possible to get wiped out multiple times and still be able to regroup/ rebuild and go on.. then they will never even try to shrug it off and go on.
My point wasn't that. My point was that people basically saying "yeah this game sucks, you are better off just not playing" is just plain wrong, most especially when the folks giving this advice don't do it themselves.

TBF not sure saying >>>Recent times have made that harder than ever - if you don't have the stomach to see that when you login - and to shrug it off, then the game really isn't for you.<<< is too bloody helpful either.
TBH I can't be arsed to help this guy learn how to play the game in a manner to take on the challenge nor do I really care that much if he just pussies out and quits. But I can be arsed enough to keep that crap to myself instead of pouring salt into the wounds of this game, that I would like to see continue.

Max

Garden Designer

Well - it depends what you want to get out of the game really my friend!

If you want to get a nice enough army together without getting zeroed so you can have fun battling other people, I would advise going solo with a really nice solo route.

For example, Nanobots, Sorcerors or Strikers.

This is because it doesn't matter how big the enemy is - what matters is the size of your AR modifier. So it helps to negate the suffering you have been facing.

If you want to achieve survival allied, then it becomes a lot harder, you either need to be contactable so someone can tell you to send away - use sleep mode a lot to protect your account - or manage to get into one of the top alliances.

But if your goal isn't to get as big a score as possible, and instead is to get as high an honour/fame rating as possible for example, then it doesn't matter how many times you get killed you can always keep gaining these particular statistics!

Equally - if you want to rank high on the bounty hunting stats - being small will allow you to rush the top big bounty players more successfully.

So ask yourself what you want to enjoy doing in the game, and try pick a route and playstyle to match it. I can advise further if you like :)

PFox

Digger
I had hoped on the "nice/even ish battles" with people ~my rank or a few higher. I'm allied with a couple of friends which is apparently a very bad idea but never mentioned.
As for the "rebuild/regroup", I think you missed the point. I have rebuild/regrouped, repeatedly, but EVERY time I get anywhere, BLAM. Counting yesterday, I make that 3 times in the last week alone. We're not talking taken out by skill or intelligence, we're talking someone who sends 5mil+ strikers to wipe out 1.5mil CWs/PAs whenever we're not online. (either mid afternoon while people work or after midnight).
I've grasped a great deal of the tactics in this game to counteract attacks but there is nothing you can do when A: You aren't there and B: The attackers overwhelm you. I can't launch attacks on high bounty targets if I can barely get together a couple of million troops before they are slaughtered. And gaining H/F for getting everyone massacred everytime doesn't really fill you with either..

CLem

Head Gardener
You need to find a balance yourself PFox

If the downside of being in an alliance is so detrimental to your game play then it probably isn't for you and solo play will suit you better. You can still play with friend, albeit with only 2.

But if you value alliance play more than you either have to make a choice in being more active or accept that you will get bashed over and over again.

I would say the majority of people that play this game wants to achieve a high rank, and the mechanics of the game pretty much dictates how they play. Bashing is economical it maximises gain and minimises losses, this is high rank play.

Unless there is a change in people's mentality or overall goal of the game, or a change in the mechanics of the game, this will always hold true.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
whew glad he mentioned 5m plus strikers... now I know at least it's not somebody from my alliance being *********.. hmm 5m strikers not real big so can't blame Mada there.. LOL
sleep mode dude.. sounds like your only option until the dirt bag finds another easy target to bully It sucks I agree but as matter of survival it may help.
And stick with it man.. it might get better (or not :/)

Max

Garden Designer
We're not talking taken out by skill or intelligence, we're talking someone who sends 5mil+ strikers to wipe out 1.5mil CWs/PAs whenever we're not online. (either mid afternoon while people work or after midnight).

I think this could be the root of your particular problem - it seems like your alliances doesn't have coverage over all timezones unfortunately. This means that when you all go offline, anyone can attack individuals with overwhelming force unchecked.

It may be difficult, but if you could try to recruit some players who might be online while you work/sleep, you can make sure at least one member is able to see any incoming! That way they can send troops to defend, or potentially contact one of you guys online to send out or buy more troops.

It's definitely a very tricky situation though. I stand by my recommendation for you and your friends to try going solo and co-ordinating / chatting through a medium other than alliance politics (e.g. whatsapp, IRC, skype)

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
We're not talking taken out by skill or intelligence, we're talking someone who sends 5mil+ strikers to wipe out 1.5mil CWs/PAs whenever we're not online. (either mid afternoon while people work or after midnight).

I think this could be the root of your particular problem - it seems like your alliances doesn't have coverage over all timezones unfortunately. This means that when you all go offline, anyone can attack individuals with overwhelming force unchecked.

It may be difficult, but if you could try to recruit some players who might be online while you work/sleep, you can make sure at least one member is able to see any incoming! That way they can send troops to defend, or potentially contact one of you guys online to send out or buy more troops.

It's definitely a very tricky situation though. I stand by my recommendation for you and your friends to try going solo and co-ordinating / chatting through a medium other than alliance politics (e.g. whatsapp, IRC, skype)

definitely as Max says worth going Solo to prevent someone going OTT on your ass, you can nap 2 other friends so you can still have defence whilst you're online

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Whilst the game is infuriatingly difficult at times (and that has NEVER changed), this time 4/5 years ago you would have been in the same position except it would just be different people doing it.

Advice? Join an alliance that can help teach you a bit more about making yourself a tad more robust. PA is a terrible route really as a newer person as they are hilariously easy to kill effectively. Grab Nanos, and go Striker-bashing.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
TBF not sure saying >>>Recent times have made that harder than ever - if you don't have the stomach to see that when you login - and to shrug it off, then the game really isn't for you.<<< is too bloody helpful either.

That depends entirely on your interpretation of the word "helpful".

I haven't been helpful in so much as reassuring him everything will be alright and that he'll learn to avoid it in the future.

The more likely scenario is, though, that it won't and that he'll always come come up against douche bags who'll repeatedly rape the same target. In that respect me telling him the game may not be for him may save him a lot of stress and frustration. Potentially far more helpful if he can't stomach the constant zeroage. (Which plenty of people can't - Some people like to build something up and have it sit pretty for a very long time (SimCity with disasters disabled). Bushtarion has disasters enabled. [/analogy]

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I'd say that advising someone not to play bushtarion in its current guise is very helpful indeed.

You could say "just keep playing and learning and it'll get more fun", but the chances are that it won't. It'll get worse because whatever you say to the contrary this is a dying/dead game. Every round fewer and fewer people play. The changes Azzer might make will make it more tolerable for those of us who are already playing but it won't bring in new players, so all it will do is slow down the inevitable decline.

If all this guy is getting atm is repeat attacks from ****wits, I would say that is a fair representation of the bushtarion playerbase doing what the bushtarion playerbase does. Over the years there has been far too little effort made by the PLAYERS to make this game fun for everyone, and that is just another thing contributing to its death. The "omg it's a WAR game" argument is no excuse for playing like a scumbag.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Personal recommendation? Play from the start of a round.

I've tried it before starting mid-round and it's a pain, you're under teched, and constantly fighting an uphill battle against established players with decent troops.

Play from the start (ideally putting in a little extra time in over the first weekend) and you'll enjoy it MUCH more, even for the first 3/4 weeks or so until the round starts to stagnate.
You'll find that you can get higher in the ranks much quicker and easier.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
People are making it so much harder than it need be,if you don't like the game don't play...