• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Wiki / Manual

Wiki / Manual

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Azzer said:
then I can make a manual that simply either replicates that data, or if I can find a nice way to "parse" wiki-codes (eg "===" is a menu item or whatever) loads the data in directly from the appropriate Wiki article tables (so an update in the wiki = automatic update in the game manual).

Sounds perfect, well i dont mind helping out with the manual but like i said i know very little about how to use the wiki...but i will start reading through and updating the manual areas once i get to grips with the wiki options.

But if you can set it up to automatically update the manual when the wiki is updated that would be great!

x

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I would love to participate of making new manual. I would have done so, to old one, but saw it to be too much trouble to do so. All in all I prefer manual over wiki, but wiki like editable system isnt something that can hurt.

For example if we have manual and wiki where wiki can be updated, checked etc. and then put to manual would be much better system than current one as I see it. Thats why I support your idea Azzer 110% no matter what is the best way to code it!

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
I have just written a very, very crude guide on creating wiki pages. The method for editing pages is fairly similar though, so if you read through it you should be able to pick something up!

Feel free to go through it and let me know if you have any issues, and I'll try and clear them up as best I can!

Here is zeh link: http://www.bushtarion.com/wiki/index.php?title=Help:Creating_Pages

Tapeyy

Pruner
Just make the wiki easier to navigate and a clear section for beginners and It will be perfect imo. btw the main page is to cluttered wouldn't it be better to have the routes though a link? I do prefer the wiki but it does need a lot of work. I would think it would be better to keep it as simple as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.