Why Max?

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
The idea of statistics is to give an impression of what you have done in comparison to the rest of the community, now I've looked through these there is quite a few I am rank 1 at due to me just playing the game and not aiming for them, then I look at a few others which I should be rank 1 at but no Max has either sat there drivebying himself or what ever, but basically just gone for stats and nothing else.
This isn't me complaining because statistics don't really mean much to me they are just an interesting set of stats for me that are polluted by such players.

So all I want to know is why you are aiming for statistics? Are you not good enough to aim for what the game was designed for?

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
statistics? what's that?

o, you mean e-penisextentionpage, yeay you are on it good for you.
what? you want to more rank1!!!11?
i dont think your trousers could hold much more.

get a grip and dont gripe.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
statistics? what's that?

o, you mean e-penisextentionpage, yeay you are on it good for you.
what? you want to more rank1!!!11?
i dont think your trousers could hold much more.

get a grip and dont gripe.
Read the gripe properly before making a stupid comment.
As I said before:
Statistic ranks mean nothing to me, but the idea of statistics is to give a slightly accurate measure in each field, which is ruined by people spamming/polluting the statistics.

Learn to read before you troll.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
There are a number of achievements related specifically to certain statistics. Maybe this is what he's aiming for?

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Max has made it a goal to do unique things. And I must say - He has succeeded with flying colors. Getting into the top (10 was it?) with under 3 hours a day activity for most of the time was excellent. He is playing the game how he wants to. Because he can't be active enough to play ftw, but he still wants to play, he plays with a goal in mind so he can achieve it and not feel jipped for being inactive and getting zeroed every few days. That would be boring.

Changer

Head Gardener
How do you achieve anything by setting up firefox to do 30 drivebys on a target every tick. Since this is what im assuming he is doing for the intel stats.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
He achieves a goal he set for himself. He doesn't need to conform to how you play - That is how he enjoys himself. We aren't really in a position to judge him on how he has fun.

Changer

Head Gardener
Its not conforming to how i play, its conforming to the rules laid out in the
User Agreement tbf.

I honestly don't care if he does it myself. But i dont think a rule should be ignored just because they are trying to get a stat, weather it be a pointless stat or not.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Find me the rule that shows what he's diong is against the EULA.

(I'm not calling you out or anything, I genuinely want to see it so I can interpret it myself)

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Find me the rule that shows what he's diong is against the EULA.

(I'm not calling you out or anything, I genuinely want to see it so I can interpret it myself)

User Agreement said:
11. You may not use our intellectual property rights contained in the Game or the websites controlled by us to create or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not access the Game or your Account through other software than standard browsers, wap phones and alike, nor may you use automated programs / bots / scripts to do so.

There is also something about farming land in there but I couldn't be bothered looking for it :)

Terrakan

Harvester
There is also something about farming land in there but I couldn't be bothered looking for it :)

if bot bashing is farming land then i would to LOVE see Azzer lock him for that

im in his alliance and all the time his outgoings are red to bots

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
Max isn't using, or will ever use any type of automated program/bot/script to get these stats.

I love what Max is trying to do here, since I've known him for years and been playing bushtarion with him, he has always had ways of making it interesting.

He at least puts some life into this game, unlike some of you nay-sayers out there. Anyone who has ever played in an alliance with Max, or been in one of his solo groups, knows he is great fun to have around, good conversation, and an honest and great guy.

So this round again he has gone and made things interesting, and all you can do is flame him for it, instead of actually trying to do something interesting like he has.

Why don't you guys just go cry in the corner and let him do his thing, his way :p
MAX FTW

fRe3kiLL
(a proud Max supporter)

Changer

Head Gardener
Max isn't using, or will ever use any type of automated program/bot/script to get these stats.

I love what Max is trying to do here, since I've known him for years and been playing bushtarion with him, he has always had ways of making it interesting.

He at least puts some life into this game, unlike some of you nay-sayers out there. Anyone who has ever played in an alliance with Max, or been in one of his solo groups, knows he is great fun to have around, good conversation, and an honest and great guy.

So this round again he has gone and made things interesting, and all you can do is flame him for it, instead of actually trying to do something interesting like he has.

Why don't you guys just go cry in the corner and let him do his thing, his way :p
MAX FTW

fRe3kiLL
(a proud Max supporter)

As I said before, if he isnt using a script then I have no issues with it. He can do what he wants.

Max

Garden Designer
Really really sorry that I am causing such annoyance Cheese, I promise that I don't mean to :)

I can see that you feel that statistics mean nothing. However, Azzer has set up statistics as an award for people to aim for, something other than "rank 1 evaluation".

Go to "Account Portal" then go to "Achievement Progress" and read the following quote:

Your Achievements Progress:
Below you can see a list of "achievement flags" that you have gained, which are used to calculate certain achievements that require work over multiple rounds.

You should note that all of the statistic based flags require you to finish the round (reach the start of havoc) in rank 1 of the stat - achieving rank 1 at a random point in the round does not count. They only get registered at the end of havoc.

For a full list of achievements and how to get them, please see the Bush Wiki page here.

It then lists all of the stats you have achieved thusfar. Further, you get User Profile points for achieving certain statistics. Go on the wiki page it suggests and have a read. You can get 200 points for being rank 1 in every statistic. Now I realise that I may never actually achieve this, however, as a long term goal I am going to have fun trying :p

Now you can retort "but User Profiles don't count for anything", at which point I say fair enough! Most people believe that valuation is and always will be the only important matter. But when I can only play at most 3 hours a day, that's never going to happen for me and has lost its enjoyment long ago. So I play to have fun my own way, and I can see why it might annoy people, so I'm very sorry! I just hope you can see that to some people there really IS something to achieve from getting rank 1 statistics.

Changer

Head Gardener
Max, can you answer my question. Do you use a script i.e firefox to auto refresh the intel page?

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Max, can you answer my question. Do you use a script i.e firefox to auto refresh the intel page?

17,396 scans / 46.61 days * 5 scans at a time = 74.6 scans per day, on average.
Not logging on for a day, would clearly have some unsexy consequences.
If he doesn't use a script, he really earns this stat for being so damn persistent. :D

Changer

Head Gardener

17,396 scans / 46.61 days * 5 scans at a time = 74.6 scans per day, on average.
Not logging on for a day, would clearly have some unsexy consequences.
If he doesn't use a script, he really earns this stat for being so damn persistent. :D

Idd, but he seemed to avoid that part of the thread :(

Max

Garden Designer
Sorry for the late reply Changer!

I have to admit for sure that I've used the auto-refresh add-on in the past. About two rounds ago, I used it to try and win the stats award in a fun face-off with someone else, and guess what? I lost it! Got pipped to the post.

Now why would I do that? Surely that's against the rules isn't it? Well it's certainly a valid question. So much so that rounds ago, the same question was pitted up against the Azzman himself. Do you know / remember what his answer was?

It was this. Azzer was strongly against using auto-refresh with any kind of script used for detection or manipulation of incoming, especially when the player him / herself was not online. However, he also mentioned that he was fine with people using auto-refresh for short periods of time who were already at the computer, which is what I used to do.

However, clearly there certainly seems to be more at play here! And clearly people have mentioned some severe upset at the use of auto-refresh, even for intelligence. Which is why I can say that I am not using it and have not used it for a long time. I even have a few tips for maximising intelligence scans!

1) Use multiple tabs. These are great for when you've hit the maximum number of scans on a particular set of targets.

2) Use multiple targets per tab! 5 hacks over 10 tabs, each maxed out at 35 (for haxors I think, though I haven't seriously scanned for weeks now) gives 1,750 every 10 minutes. The maths speak for themselves, although it does help that I am a physicist and so love the numbers xD

3) Hack and spy people who don't mind. Can you tell who it is yet? (a la Rolf Harris!) YES you've got it, the bots! No concerned messages, no ruining people's news, just spam those robots.

In fact, I've even taken my land stealing to the extreme that I don't want to farm any real players and ruin their round, so I steal off of the bots instead. Simple, clean and effective fun.

Mob launching is more tricky, especially before I was allied. Only 10 mobs per tick are possible when defending, so it wasn't easy with low activity. However, I found a great alliance whom I always defend and therefore have never needed to spam that statistic since.

Mail spam again is tricky. Particularly because you cannot gain the "most mail received" statistic by mailing yourself. Try it. It doesn't work.

Then there's a whole new challenge. Try achieving all of these stats as well as sleep mode. My word it's a hard graft! I'm competing against a really tough adversary at the moment, just hoping he / she will slip up, but I don't see it really happening, so I may concede this one.

I've already had to concede on the land buying stakes since ol' Longcelot is quite the man of charity! I'd have to dedicate an entire round to that stat to win it.

As you can see, I am finding it a real challenge to achieve my goals. But I am enjoying it. It's something different, requires new techniques and time management (You spend around 2.72 hour(s) a day playing Bushtarion.) and ultimately I should get some nice User Profile points out of it at some point down the line :D

If anyone has any more questions I'd be more than happy to answer them. However, clearly I am not the most active, so you may have to be patient for my response :p A 4th Year Physics degree and a loving fiancee do take priority I am afraid! xD

Last edited:

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
So to be truthful you are cheating to gain a particular 'award' which in my opinion is a rule break but count yourself lucky I don't administrate the game

Max

Garden Designer
You suggest the present tense in your reply. This is incorrect! I have used it in the past, after which I ceased to due to the reaction of the playerbase. Thus I don't believe that I have earned any statistics unfairly this round. Please argue the opposite if that's your opinion!