Update Needed in Manual

Phobis

Weeder
I have been playing this game for maybe 20 rounds. In the past, law and fame were components of the game that came from how and who you attacked and defended. When units were killed, you were given a bit of insurance money if researched, with bonus to solo players. Now that is gone, and we have effectiveness and wounded. I note that Effectivness is listed as the primary ranking, government as the second. Bounty, damage, and stealing of land as others. There are also wounded now.

I wanted to read up on effectiveness and how it may relate to wounded, but found that the manual still references law and fame.

I would very much appreciate an update of the manual to reflect the changes in the game.

Thanks much.

Terrakan

Harvester
Re: Update Needed in Manual

i think that the manual is being updated into the Wiki and should be fully completed ready for age 5 which starts next round

Yea, currently the only reason I've found to continue using the manual instead of the wiki is that the manual has an actual graphic of the tech trees, which I really like

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I btw dont like Wiki at all.
I think the way of manual where it looks like oview page is much easier to understand than wiki.
Wiki is full of crap, and its almost impossible to find info there.
I ask you all. You find things from wiki inside wiki or you actually are directed to wiki by google?
Yeah thats what I mean.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

BlackWolf said:
I think the way of manual where it looks like oview page is much easier to understand than wiki.
I ask you all. You find things from wiki inside wiki or you actually are directed to wiki by google?
Yeah thats what I mean.
i sorta agree with BW here, the linking should be revised heavely or other setup all to gether, the info there aint to bad alltho youll find only the things you need if you know what youre looking for (not newbie friendly)

f0xx

Landscape Designer

I've never used wiki. Atleast the bush wiki. It's crap. Dunno why it got introduced at all.

00micbro1998

Planter

Needs updating or removing.

Had been away for many rounds came back read manual.

Opted for solo for the insurances, and Psolo for the extra 5% insurance.

However i am now stuck Psolo as insurances were aparently removed about 5 rounds ago.. which is over a year..

very Misleading

Augustus

Head Gardener

BlackWolf said:
Yeah thats what I mean.

I totally agree. I've used the Wiki a couple of times and have found it to be non user friendly in comparison to the manual. If the structure of the current manual is going to be lost after the transfer to the Wiki, then this will not benefit the game. The current manual works well....it's just out of date.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

The wiki is a good addition to the manual, but it should primarily be used for a bit of in depth explanation about units and tactics, and not be used as a replacement.

You need a well written and up to date manual as a foundation.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

I agree with Dachi, wiki should be manual for players who already have a basic grasp of the game. The current manual is well.... outdated...