• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Unit to help you catch somebody going in sleep

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Basically I've been thinking.
I spy somebody and notice it's quite clear they are going into sleep mode
But I see xxx [xx] sent bla bla to police hq
So other people would just send to steal land
But I want to kill this guy...
So what I propose is another option added to the seed theif etc. selection

Unit name: Cheese with munchies
Cost: Lots
ETA: 20
(rest of stats don't matter)
Information: Cheese got stoned on the way to the battle and refused to move unless we went to Burger King, the local one wasn't open so we had to travel bloody miles to find one sorry for the delay.

Obviously everything like name and stuff can be changed but I'm stoned and just entertaining myself :D

So
For people like Enrico who never seem to get what my point is:
An eta 20 unit.

Thank you and good night
You have been a wonderful audience!

x

Kuda

Official Helper
rofl, brilliant.

Didn't we have ETA 24 robotic guardians back in r6 ? :)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Lol that would be awesome. I've been trying to work out if it's possible for me to kill someone after they send out and hit sleep by sending +2 and with combines. If they send out eta 8 then their troops are out for a total of 19 ticks...and I can send either 2 or 3 ticks after they send out before the sleep mode blocks incoming mobs. So it would be 16 ticks then until their troops are home, and if I sent +2 with a combine my mob would be eta 10 and still miss :( So instead I have to rely on catching them after they come out of sleep, or just hope they forget to hit sleep mode one night, which is fairly difficult.

This is a change I would love to see introduced for purely selfish reasons, but it probably shouldn't be :p

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Lol, fun as a thought experiment, but would mean the death to puppets and other routes dependant upon sleep for solo play.

As an aside, what would stop the person going into sleep sending with one of these delay-units?

20+20+3=43 ticks... the person would hardly need sleep mode at all! (isn't 48ticks=8 hours)

Garrett

Landscape Designer
because there is no way the concept can be serial :roll:

just for 'net clarity, yes, sarcasm.

probably some mod thought the idea was beneath them.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Lol, fun as a thought experiment, but would mean the death to puppets and other routes dependant upon sleep for solo play.

I don't think I ever used sleep mode as a solo puppet master.

Also, will the trigger happy mods please stop moving every other thread to spam. It's getting ****ing ridiculous.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Why was this suggestion moved to spam?

Yeah jeez, just cause Cheese has a sense of humour, why does that mean he cant be serious? FFS, move it back!

aaanyways, still dont like the idea. Sleep is to save your arse, regardless of what some people might say, that is pretty mush standard. I mean we've had all these suggestions about more flexible times, a holiday mode as well as a sleep mode, and now we are trying to make it easier to hit someone going into sleep.

Not fair imo. Everytime i see someone in sleep is cause they just got pawned or hurt pretty bad and are trying to keep their land from continuous waves.

Yes i reslise you dont want land but kills, but it is still an idea that makes it harder for those at the expense of others.

Well that was my thinking anyway :)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Not fair imo. Everytime i see someone in sleep is cause they just got pawned or hurt pretty bad and are trying to keep their land from continuous waves.

That's bullshit.

Hey, thats just what i see. I even said that. I didnt say thats how it is. Even if it isnt like that, i still dont think we need this idea.

But whatever, if you dont have anything useful to say... :/

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Quite. You didn't have anything useful to say, so I called it bullshit. Most people hit sleep mode to hold on to their troops, not their land. Sending out and hitting sleep is pretty much inviting people to steal your land.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
well the truth is that sleep can be and is used for a variety of reasons.

There IS a reason that sleep mode is not automatic.

There is a period in time in which you are vunerable before the {} tags go on... so catching someone going into sleep is perfectly valid. not wanting to trigger AR is also valid.

The concept is about wanting a fight when you send to the sleepy person. If they send to 'ID 1' then it is just a landgrab. Perhaps you want to 0 that annoying solo that has caused you to be pranked a few times over the course of the round.

So this was designed to slaughter troops.

Every suggestion has an up and a down side... plus there are plenty of Alliance people that use sleep too...

usually they send to the govt, goto sleep and try to come back with troops so they don't lose too much traction...

I'm for the idea.

The Suggestions Overseer has Spoken.

So to Azzer i say... 'MR CREATOR, BRING THIS THREAD HOME!'

[edit] and fire that mod.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
If we had every silly suggestion moved to spam section, then 99% of all the suggestions should be here (there). I have seen much much worse suggestion than this one. To be honest, some people (mods) need to stop overreacting.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Well, a unit with an increased eta would not help one bit, ad whoever uses sleep to save staff can just use the same unit.. and 2x+3 > x+3+2(doesn't sleep mode kick in third tick after activation?) for any x>2

But given a high enough ETA the ones who just want to save staff and have acres in the double digits, (bountyhunters and some bribers for instance) would just send their staff away, and not other with sleep-mode.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
perhaps the answer is not a unit then?

and azzer still might want to keep a safety valve or two open... but i like the idea of being able to get dem troops.

i've had land. i have land. i can steal land. but the only thing i can't guarantee is a fight, unless it's an overwhelming one in which i'd lose then everyone would be sure to fight :p

heh, an alternative to the arsonist maybe? like from whale hunter show or whatever... they throw the stuff on the deck of the other vessel and it reduces the friction and gets more lubricated the wetter it gets so they are unable to walk

unit: 'mr slippy fist' some sort of rushable unit that could go in and 'freeze/immobilize' a % of units (dependant on how many slippies sent, with a max cap) for 'x' # of ticks.

either alternate to the arsonist or make it generic, but the principle is to make troops stay home at the ID's company. you could even have the reverse if made generic and make whatever % of troops leave the company ID for 'x' ticks, thereby putting the fight more in your favor.

probably not feasible... but meh.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Best way to ensure a fight is either to trick a defender to defend, or an attacker to stay... If that fails, find a bunker!

And what number of solos in the top (i.e. able to actually pose a treat to any half decent ally) hit sleep regularly?