• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Transparency between partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walking_Death

Harvester
Can we at least have something that says when our Pnaps are online or does that take all the work out of everything as well?

You can have that. It's called in-game mail. And you can have something which tells you when they have incoming. That's called in-game mail. And you can even have something which tells you when they have stealth incoming. That's also called in-game mail.

Stop trying to dumb down the game.

http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4432
^ show H/F titles in Portal.

WTF? Write it down keep track yourself!

http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4246
^add WKs and WWs to unit statistics to see how many you've killed

WTF? Just count with hax!!!!

http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4358
^attack/defend buttons on pages

WTF? They already have military page!!!11!!1!

http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4279
^add war declarations/descriptions to manual

WTF?! Just learn about Alliance wars!!111!!!!eleven!!!!

A great many of the suggestions (quite a few with positive reviews) are simply "dumbing down he game" aka making it less of a pain in the ass. You'll still have to communicate on strategies, you'll still have to communicate on what to buy, and it won't be earth shatteringly imbalanced. I'm not suggesting that you make solos stronger or give them any ungodly bonuses. What I'm suggesting isn't even that much of an edge, it just cuts down the effort you need to put in, something that mankind has been doing from the start of time. Do you want to take the incoming board from alliances? After all, they have politics, so they can just post whenever they're under attack, or mail their alliance-mates.....

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
There's a difference between handy tools which simplify the mechanics of the game, and taking the skill out of the game.

The way it is at the moment rewards good communication and co-operation between PNAPs. That is how I like it. To get rid of that is to get rid of one of the defining characteristics of solo play. Making things easier is not necessarily making things better.

webvictim

Harvester
I just... my word. You're talking about wholesale changes to the way the game is played, not adding a little bit of extra detail to the manual or putting another statistic in a list.

Walking_Death

Harvester
There's a difference between handy tools which simplify the mechanics of the game, and taking the skill out of the game.

The way it is at the moment rewards good communication and co-operation between PNAPs. That is how I like it. To get rid of that is to get rid of one of the defining characteristics of solo play. Making things easier is not necessarily making things better.

It still would! You still have to communicate to know who/what is inc. Knowing that it was your FRIEND who haxed/spied you throws out the guesswork without them constantly flooding your inbox. And it is indeed hard to find targets as a solo, alliances either pick on folks to keep their AR rate high, or they are in alliances already and can manage to get defenses without having to be raped first...

And as for the "need to be zeroed", it's a ott way to put it (imo) but it's along the right lines. As a solo it's in your best interests to keep a high AR mod, so tactically losing a few troops here and there helps to maintain that.
Another thing, I think it's a total load of **** to suicide troops to keep your AR up. But that's just my opinion.

Lastly, you'll still have to communicate, even if every one of these changes were implemented... And as y'all can probably tell from me, Bushtarion has a very harsh learning curve, and making this much activity required just because you didn't know.couldn't get into any top alliances would scare off new players...

Davs

Garden Designer
And as for the "need to be zeroed", it's a ott way to put it (imo) but it's along the right lines. As a solo it's in your best interests to keep a high AR mod, so tactically losing a few troops here and there helps to maintain that.
Another thing, I think it's a total load of **** to suicide troops to keep your AR up. But that's just my opinion.

Well as the only way to increase your ar mod is to lose score, there is no other way.

Also, posting a link to my suggestion to try to support your suggestion - er errrrr wrong!
My suggestion had nothing to do with simplifying the game in any way, just recording more achievements.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

It still would! You still have to communicate to know who/what is inc. Knowing that it was your FRIEND who haxed/spied you throws out the guesswork without them constantly flooding your inbox. And it is indeed hard to find targets as a solo, alliances either pick on folks to keep their AR rate high, or they are in alliances already and can manage to get defenses without having to be raped first...

Lastly, you'll still have to communicate, even if every one of these changes were implemented... And as y'all can probably tell from me, Bushtarion has a very harsh learning curve, and making this much activity required just because you didn't know.couldn't get into any top alliances would scare off new players...

No no no. If you get a mail automatically telling you your PNAP has incoming you don't have to communicate at all. You just spy them to see what the incoming is after you already know they have incoming. This takes away any aspect of human error since you never have to worry about spying your PNAP.

It is not difficult to find targets as a solo. I suggest you just get better at solo play. Darryl, Clem and I were PNAPs last round, each with minimal activity, each hovering between ranks 50 and 150 most of the time, and we all found plenty of people to kill.

I honestly don't see the point in changing the way spies work either. It is part of the game that sometimes you see who spies you, sometimes you only see that you have been spied, and sometimes you don't see anything. The unknown factor makes the game interesting. So you get spied a few times before you go to bed. Do you stay up a bit longer to see if you get attacked? Do you hit sleep mode to avoid the risk? Do you just go to bed and hope for the best? Each one has advantages and disadvantages, and the game makes you make a decision. This is a good thing. I don't want to see the game do everything for me.

Don't try and use the "this is for the good of the noobs" argument, because it isn't. This game does require activity, and it does have a steep learning curve, but none of the suggestions made in this thread change that.

Your suggestions in this thread might make the game easier, but they do not make it better.

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
I must of played 15 solo rounds and I hate the idea, it would make things easier but take away part of what seperates good team play with the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.