The Wiki

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I just don't think knowing the exact ratios is within the spirit of the game. Azzer keeps the exact ratings of the units to himself for a reason. That's just my opinion though

That's why it's ratios, not exact numbers. This is an immensely complicated game in comparison to almost every other online game out there and anything that makes it easier is a benefit to newer players.

I wish when I was a newbie that people had told me ratios. I would have enjoyed the game much more and gotten better at it faster.

Im not saying we should give away exact stats, but ratios are not going to kill the game. And besides which, you can't atop the information from being public so you may as well make it public and useful.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
That's why it's ratios, not exact numbers.

So umm, you're saying ratios are not numbers (or cannot be associated to them) ? :eek:

I just meant the difference in that you're not giving the precise, exact quantities that each unit will stop in each situation, it's more of a general range that these units will block; thereby making it still relevant to have experience, but easier to learn. Stop trying to make me look bad SadYear ;)

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
beside, how much damage something does to gardeners isn't going to give away any "exact" number.. when all then numbers are secret, you nee ALL the ratios to even begin to figure it out :p

Max

Garden Designer
I think that gardener ratios would be a good idea, so long as it stick purely to flak ratios ;)

I wish I had that when I first started to play the game. I thought that Terrorists had 2*s and therefore would get 1:2 on my gardeners :| FAIL.

Davs

Garden Designer
People arguing over having a thing saying what ratios we expect units to get on gardies when we already have a thread on this forum which effectively does this.

Interesting.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
i feel like im in the twilight zone, the person making the most sense in this thread is...dimitar?

:/

edd

Tree Surgeon
It would have been nice if Iamsmart had told me CG were tougher than gardeners (never even bought one :() in my first round as i took the * system too literally but I think it's better to discover the game than have access to all ratios.

Last edited:

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
It would have been nice if Iamsmart had told me CG were tougher than gardeners (never even bought one :() in my first round as i took the * system too literally but I think it's better to discover the game than have access to all ratios.

I agree, but a public forum giving access to basic ratios on gardeners would be useful for newbies. One of the first things I learned when I learned to play was flakking.. :p

Elderveld

Official Helper
Dont make them to good at start:p else you wont have any newbies to pwn and steal easy land from :p, after a round or 2, then tell them :p

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
teach them to flak and they can help siphon the land upwards.. :p Will make the round less boring.. It also opens the doors for them to join better alliances and learn more advanced strategies