The lower Ranks

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
More of a discussion / plea to the lower alliances.

Go make mass war on each other, talk bs on forums, make war threads, post brs, post your victories, make excuses for your loss.

Am bored, wanna see nice forums activity and ingame fights and im just seeing inactivity in the lower ranks :D

Hopefully will change when you are teched up :D

-

Also, if any leaders of any alliance want tips on warring etc, pm me on Forums or IRC and ill help you out.

- S2N + Twigley.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I'm trying to gather people for a 360 man power bar.

No not powerblock. Powerbar. New recruits please see themselves to the grinder! :D

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Go make mass war on each other, talk bs on forums, make war threads, post brs, post your victories, make excuses for your loss.

Am bored, wanna see nice forums activity and ingame fights and im just seeing inactivity in the lower ranks :D

-

Also, if any leaders of any alliance want tips on warring etc, pm me on Forums or IRC and ill help you out.

- S2N + Twigley.

these politics where killed when YOU (the people who are in the top regions of the rankings) started to moan about the abuse of global politics.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
hmm. i've seen people big and small complain about the utter ***** on global pols. plus most everyone wanted the global pols to come back to the forums. yes some of the small br's were mocked, but what was rampant i.e. abuse on gpols was the 'i'm 1337 i'm 1337, screw you' posts. that or posts of 'jelly belly buttons serving tea time vcr parades.'

I actually support twigley's post and having an ally of 'lower rank' i've attempted to do that at times this round.

I mean we didn't expand on it but the whole 'war rescinded' thread was maxi's attempt to mock JJ for declaring war, sending 2 waves then withdrawing the war. It was good natured or at least intended that way so we didn't throw any fuel to fan flames.

Gpols removal was intended to boost forum posts/usage, imo.

[edit]: plus here i 'trust' you to mod effectively/honestly. gpols was open to helpers and lots of things got edited depending on who belonged to what ally or allegiance. lot easier to track shadiness here for azzer, imo.

[edit2]not to mention gpols was only allowed to be posted by a select few, here EVERYONE can share.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

these politics where killed when YOU (the people who are in the top regions of the rankings) started to moan about the abuse of global politics.

Bollocks.

Global Politics was good for about 90 seconds for the first time they were introduced. Then it collapsed into a fetid morass of e-penis comparison; or a place to whine about the game. I too am guilty of this, especially a few rounds ago when i was the 'voice' of Desperadoes so don't think i'm taking the moral high ground (lol). This playerbase simply hasn't got the maturity to deal with subjects in an appropriately humorous manner before some comment sparks off a gigantic flamewar.

Not to mention as Garrett pointed out, Global politics was hardly 'global' given that only a select few could use it. Now this could have been changed if Gpols had lasted until the new permissions settings, where one of the permissions could have been to 'talk on Gpols' but in all honesty, i don't see the loss of Gpols as the loss of politics. Most of what was on there wasn't, and could never have been, qualified as 'politically' interesting talk. Most people would term it useless epeen spam.

If people want to use the politics forums here; they must go through a process of making a forum account; logging into forums; going to the appropriate subsection; making a post and then posting it. This all requires at least a modicum of thought and effort so that it prevents the average utterly useless post like all the **** that was rife on Gpols.

There is nothing about Gpols that i miss. period. Whatever politics there were, continue here. I blame politically uninteresting gameplay or a lack of effort and humour on the part of the players.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Bollocks.

Global Politics was good for about 90 seconds for the first time they were introduced. Then it collapsed into a fetid morass of e-penis comparison; or a place to whine about the game. I too am guilty of this, especially a few rounds ago when i was the 'voice' of Desperadoes so don't think i'm taking the moral high ground (lol). This playerbase simply hasn't got the maturity to deal with subjects in an appropriately humorous manner before some comment sparks off a gigantic flamewar.

the scale of magnitute of all these symptones you describe on global politics arent even comparable to the **** we had to read the last few rounds on forums...(and those where all from the so called respected players in the top of the ranks.

Not to mention as Garrett pointed out, Global politics was hardly 'global' given that only a select few could use it. Now this could have been changed if Gpols had lasted until the new permissions settings, where one of the permissions could have been to 'talk on Gpols' but in all honesty, i don't see the loss of Gpols as the loss of politics. Most of what was on there wasn't, and could never have been, qualified as 'politically' interesting talk. Most people would term it useless epeen spam.
in the smaller regions there are only a few people (mostly the leaders and former officers who gave enough to communicate with others in any sort of way.
If people want to use the politics forums here; they must go through a process of making a forum account; logging into forums; going to the appropriate subsection; making a post and then posting it. This all requires at least a modicum of thought and effort so that it prevents the average utterly useless post like all the **** that was rife on Gpols.
then i think some people have had help making a forum account...
There is nothing about Gpols that i miss. period. Whatever politics there were, continue here. I blame politically uninteresting gameplay or a lack of effort and humour on the part of the players.
the mocking and slander ive heard from for instance SEED where 100 times better then what the upper regions had said on g-pols/forums or w/e.
period.

just because people play in the low ranks doesnt mean they are morrons! And therefor i rate your post as useless and patronising.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Well I think Alci was more passionate about not having gpols than trying to be patronising to your post. I could be wrong.

But as I stated this round, I've tried to foster a more hospitable attitude on the politics forums and have tried to get 'lower' alliances involved as much as possible.

The past is... The Past. All we can do is from this point is put our best foot forward and try to rebuild the community on the forums.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

-

- S2N + Twigley.

I actually wanted to revamp global pols, as the creater hour shows.
Was also willing to put my time into it.

Am still thinking of new ideas for it also

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Bollocks.

the scale of magnitude of all these symptoms you describe on global politics aren't even comparable to the **** we had to read the last few rounds on forums...(and those where all from the so called respected players in the top of the ranks.

No argument about the degree of bullshit; i'm not saying that high ranked players are any less likely to write BS than low ranked players, that would be silly. All that being said, when we have 'perfectly good forums' with a perfectly good 'politics' section, why should we create a secondary area? I didn't and don't see a need for Gpols unless we're deliberately doing away with the politics sub forum here.

in the smaller regions there are only a few people (mostly the leaders and former officers who gave enough to communicate with others in any sort of way.
I don't understand your point here, please elaborate?

True, forums aren't necessarily enforcing a 'better' type of politics, but you have to go through a little more effort to get here and it generally (imo) prevents the kind of obnoxious posts i saw in Gpols. Of course there are some people who just cannot for the life of them write sensible, intelligent, or cogent posts, but that can't be helped... this *is* the internet after all.

the mocking and slander ive heard from for instance SEED where 100 times better then what the upper regions had said on g-pols/forums or w/e.
period.
That is a matter of opinion but i would be willing to bet a large proportion of the playerbase did *not* enjoy the threads from seed, i certainly didn't, my alliance(s) i was in never did and the majority of people i talked to in #bushtarion didn't. And those people are a large majority of the active and vocal playerbase, perhaps there is a 'silent' majority that i'm not hearing from who loved hearing Seed whine, *****, moan and flame on Gpols. If you (readers) are one of those people, let me know, i'll be happy to retract my previous statements if i am proved wrong, until then i'll stand by my convictions thank you.

just because people play in the low ranks doesnt mean they are morons! And therefore i rate your post as useless and patronising.
I never said that people in low ranks were morons but thanks for putting words in my mouth. There are morons in all ranks, high and low; it just so happens that the majority of vocal players are in the top few hundred ranks. I can't help that fact, and neither can you. Nor did Gpols allow hordes of low ranked players to express themselves, if anything Forums is a more open area than Gpols.

I'm sorry you find me useless and patronising; perhaps this is something you should take up with yo momma since she found me very useful last night when i patronized her establishment.

Last edited:

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Last edited by Alcibiades; Today at 05:17 PM. Reason: Edited a joke in bold for my good friend atsanjose and his wonderful mother.

ROFL, go go gadget ops .

Back on topic, as gpols wasn't.

I would love to see the lower allies start talking smack here on the forums. Fun for the whole family , Discworld? What are you doing now adays?

*me sporks asmo*

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Bollocks.

the scale of magnitude of all these symptoms you describe on global politics aren't even comparable to the **** we had to read the last few rounds on forums...(and those where all from the so called respected players in the top of the ranks.

No argument about the degree of bullshit; i'm not saying that high ranked players are any less likely to write BS than low ranked players, that would be silly. All that being said, when we have 'perfectly good forums' with a perfectly good 'politics' section, why should we create a secondary area? I didn't and don't see a need for Gpols unless we're deliberately doing away with the politics sub forum here.
good forums? the forums are as good as the contributers are...
and that politics section is one of my least favourite places to check for new posts. further was g-pols the first area and this politics section the secondary. and if it was up to me, i would throw a 100gigbit enscription code lock on it and throw it in the depths of hell sort-of-speak.
the positive thing about g-pols was that every round people could start with a clean sheet. now its all saved for our offspring to barf over.
Alcibiades said:
atsanjose said:
Alcibiades said:
In the smaller regions there are only a few people (mostly the leaders and former officers who gave enough to communicate with others in any sort of way.
I don't understand your point here, please elaborate?
as you say that not everyone was allowed to speak there mind on g-pols (thank god for that) but that doesnt really matter for the alliances in the lower rankings, those are ehhh alliance like. meaning: the members communicate with the leader - the leader communicates with the world.
simple as that. if youre a member of a lower ranked alliance you dont want to fuss about everything.
there where 2 points on which the g-pols was terminated
1. to much spam/flame/trolls and
2. omgwtfbbq some people couldnt contribute to it because they werent le/co/mo.

to continue: lots of people arent interested in creating an forums account and be active on it. you know why? well i guess you do but let ill say this anyway:
alot of people (iam not calling names) find it funny, to demonize and patronize new members of the community when they are making silly comments/suggestion/questions and so on, with big words like "That wont happen" "Been suggested before" "Use search before you suggest something" a lot combined with expletives like newbie and noob.

soooooo, with removing the pols in question we destroyed a very valuable link to the silent playerbase.... And you say you dont care.
that hurts.

Alcibiades said:
atsanjose said:
Alcibiades said:
True, forums aren't necessarily enforcing a 'better' type of politics, but you have to go through a little more effort to get here and it generally (imo) prevents the kind of obnoxious posts i saw in Gpols. Of course there are some people who just cannot for the life of them write sensible, intelligent, or cogent posts, but that can't be helped... this *is* the internet after all.
everyone is entitled to give there opinion. but maby forums is just a bar to high, if you catch my drift. we need to lure them first, before hooking them in. :evilbat:

Alcibiades said:
atsanjose said:
Alcibiades said:
period.
That is a matter of opinion but i would be willing to bet a large proportion of the playerbase did *not* enjoy the threads from seed, i certainly didn't, my alliance(s) i was in never did and the majority of people i talked to in #bushtarion didn't. And those people are a large majority of the active and vocal playerbase, perhaps there is a 'silent' majority that i'm not hearing from who loved hearing Seed whine, *****, moan and flame on Gpols. If you (readers) are one of those people, let me know, i'll be happy to retract my previous statements if i am proved wrong, until then i'll stand by my convictions thank you.
You're the one who starts about lack of humor not me :p
Alcibiades said:
atsanjose said:
just because people play in the low ranks doesnt mean they are morons! And therefore i rate your post as useless and patronising.
I never said that people in low ranks were morons but thanks for putting words in my mouth. There are morons in all ranks, high and low; it just so happens that the majority of vocal players are in the top few hundred ranks. I can't help that fact, and neither can you. Nor did Gpols allow hordes of low ranked players to express themselves, if anything Forums is a more open area than Gpols.

I'm sorry you find me useless and patronising; perhaps this is something you should take up with yo momma since she found me very useful last night when i patronized her establishment.

iam not putting things in your mouth : (), i will leave that task for your father.
and further, youre right, you dont say they are morons, i combined probbebly the whole vibe of youre post with the actual topic, which is about the lower rankings...

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
This is not a flaming fest.

This is a player who is asking the other allies to talk more on forums and have some political fun.

Please dont keep flaming and arguing about global pols in a political forum thread, i'd appreciate it greatly, and im saying this with no sarcasm - i really would.

Thanks!

-

And i see AA are the first to fall victim of the lower allies.
GOGOGOGO

Garrett

Landscape Designer
they had to fall off the wagon some time

just crack a bottle, let your body waddle...

timtadams

Landscape Designer
We must bring back Global Politics

You know, i wouldnt be against this.

Wasnt the main reason they got removed was because people would just talk **** in them? Or was it because we wanted more people to be able to participate in discussion?

Well, in either case it was fail. I think less people are talking global politics now, and still talking ****.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Someone needs to tell the bottom alliances that 14 alliances of 1-5 people could equal a few real alliances if they're willing to man up and give it a try.

The majority of them would probably find it alot more fun being in a proper group, rather than essentially playing solo.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
OK, i will tell them :p

But i doubt that they will bother

[edit]lol, i mailed them all

it will be interesting to see if i get any positive response. Especially since I am solo and dont really intend on becoming allied :S

still pondering the approach to take if anyone is keen...

[edit2]already one positive feedback :D Im really keen to see if this will actually be successful. The possibility seems real...

[edit3]Three positive responses :) this might actually work

Last edited:

Podunk

Head Gardener
Do not bring back GPols to all those insisting on it. The forums completely died off when we had GPols. Now if you don't understand why this is a bad thing:
1. There's a broad range of topics
2. Seeing who posts lets you get an idea about certain people within the game and builds a sense of community.
3. Solos can use it :eek:
4. All ally members can use it :eek:
5. It's moderated :eek:
6. The alliance politics IS global Pols. :eek:

Now: Back on topic

If you don't think there are any wars being fought among the lower ranks you'd be quite mistaken :p

To War! :cheers: