Strikers

tomtree

Head Gardener
Im sure there was a thread about this on the old forums, but im struggling to find it.

what is a good ratio for the striker route (with and without marines)?

cheers for any help.

tomtree

Turnip2k

Harvester
Re: Strikers

I don't personally believe in a perfect 'ratio'. Make a ratio that lets you attack (by looking around your attack score range and checking out the potential targets), because whatever ratio you pick there will almost always be someone out there that can still wtfpwn you - you may as well pick one that lets you have fun and go out grinding other people down in the time that you have got before someone does the same to you. The only thing to add to this is as a solo you need to be able to stop simple flak hits, so reasonable grens / apaches are a requirement.

CountZepplin

Pruner

What are you attacking?

gren/hw to defend vs. ass
strike to kill armor
apache to kill health (sometimes hw too)

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Turnip2k said:
I don't personally believe in a perfect 'ratio'. Make a ratio that lets you attack (by looking around your attack score range and checking out the potential targets), because whatever ratio you pick there will almost always be someone out there that can still wtfpwn you - you may as well pick one that lets you have fun and go out grinding other people down in the time that you have got before someone does the same to you. The only thing to add to this is as a solo you need to be able to stop simple flak hits, so reasonable grens / apaches are a requirement.

You'd need reasonable grens for tractor incs, as they'll be frequent on a solo apache.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Turnip2k said:
Turnip2k said:
The only thing to add to this is as a solo you need to be able to stop simple flak hits, so reasonable grens / apaches are a requirement.

? :p

Yeah, but I thought I'd clarify the grenadier bit, most people who ask for a ratio aren't too familiar with being tractored. :p

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

it all depends like turnip said what your current status is, depends whether your solo, allied, how big your alli is etc etc.

tbf if you dont have marines and your solo, id restart :p poms will pillage your land so fast

roger rabbit

Harvester

BlackWolf said:
http://www.bushtarion.com/forums_old/viewtopic.php?highlight=strikers&t=19846

Took me 20 seconds to log on to old forums, go to search, type strikers to search field, and select help and support for only sub forum to search from and baang there it was like 10th on list.

but at this point, with all the changes in the game (i.e. no exp, flak whoring for land), you need to update the ratios a bit better.

at one point i saw a solo with some 30 mill apaches and half the strkers. he massed on apaches to stop all the flak attacks. so what would be a good ratio to have in today's game?

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Edited by Darryl: Trolling is not welcome, you should know the rules by now, Cheese.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

sometimes cheese read your own posts man, your feud with blackwolf is petty and getting boring.

CFalcon

Official Helper

The most generic ratio given for striker route is something like 4 marine, 2 striker, 1 apache 1 gren. I don't like this though, it's trying to cover all possible situations, and so it ends up not really excelling in any.

If you're in a reasonable alliance, then your main use will really be armour killing, so in that situation I make myself as good at this as possible, something along the lines of 10 striker, 7 marine, 1 apache. In alliance battles, apaches generally fire too late to make a big difference, and TDs do the same role alot better. You'd do better to get an ally with SAs/Vamps to do the health damage rather than waiting for the apaches.

As a solo you'll have more trouble with flak attacks, so you'll want more apaches. Apaches are also *really* scary to see in large numbers when hacking someone. A large RPG might even think twice about attacking you if he can't be sure that all those apaches will be gone (taking into account he can't be sure how many marines you have), cos Apaches will take a stupid amount of punishment. So something more like 1 striker, 1 marine, 3 apache 1 gren if solo or in a poo alliance. With that you can power your way through any health route, and some poor armour setups, taking flak losses, but still raping.

If no marines... I wouldn't play that route unless supported by a good alliance. HWs are reasonable flak, but its just irriating being eta 6. And grens, although they have quite nice damage, they do drop like flies. Privates would work very well as flak I think in individual battles, but I doubt it would be cost effective in the long run.

But those are only my suggestions, using my past experiences with strikers which depended alot on my situation at the time. There is no one set ratio that will be perfect for everyone.