• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Storing Flags at the HQ

JJbrosandjl

Harvester
In my opinion, CTF worlds with alliances over 5 members should have the stolen flags stored at the HQ. It makes much more sense to store your flag at the Headquarters anyways.

Also, instead of one person getting no income, the income of the entire alliance could be reduced by 10%. This will make up for the reduced income of the flag bearer, while still keeping the penalty of holding a flag. As for insurance, my original thought was around 30% at the HQ? It's open to suggestions, really. The HQs can hold one or more flag. The only fair way I can think of doing this is judging by the percentage of flag bearers which are left unharmed. One flag at once is naturally the minimum. Perhaps 70% for two flags at once, and 90% for three flags at once and so on. Again, this is open to suggestion.

This addition would help the game make more sense as well as giving many other benefits. First of all, it would encourage more alliances building up the HQ. Secondly, it would make the game more balanced by having the entire alliance take a seed reduction rather than merely having one person.

Just a thought, any constructive criticism or further suggestions welcome.

Edit: Naturally, the 30% attack range would be eliminated if the HQ has a flag.

Lupus

Head Gardener
Re: Storing Flags at the HQ

interesting and would make AHQ more useful but could your alliance be limited to only one flag then? Presently if u your alliance is falling behind in flag points u can organise steal a few flags and get back in the runnings.

JJbrosandjl

Harvester

Lupus said:
interesting and would make AHQ more useful but could your alliance be limited to only one flag then? Presently if u your alliance is falling behind in flag points u can organise steal a few flags and get back in the runnings.

Last part of second paragraph explains it :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

my main problem with this stems from CTF only ever being done in a PW setting or for a very short time which either would have to make ally devs a lot cheaper, or faster to get as personally I wouldn't be inclined to waste all my funds on HQ devs instead of troops.

of course you could always make max starting cash higher but i don't really enjoy having loads and loads of starting cash.

I do agree that players shouldn't be punished so severely for holding the flag tho. It makes players not want the flag unless they are already fully teched and have loads of troops and a good ally.

Illumination

Head Gardener

But then everyone would need to be able to attack the AHQ...if it is less than 30% the flag would be safe forever!:p

JJbrosandjl

Harvester

Illumination said:
But then everyone would need to be able to attack the AHQ...if it is less than 30% the flag would be safe forever!:p

Good point, added :p

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

JJbrosandjl said:
Illumination said:

Good point, added :p

you can attack any percentage if they hold the flag?

this idea makes pure sense really, also obviously if there is multiple flag then you need to make it so only 1 flag can be stolen per tick, otherwise the flags if all in 1 place would jsut go round in lets say 2 or 3's without them being spread

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades said:
It makes players not want the flag unless they are already fully teched and have loads of troops and a good ally.

Tactics.
And you would need a good ally to keep it at HQ anyway so that pont is redundant.

I'm personally not one for this idea, i think that atleast this way you have to decide if flag points are worth no income for a bit.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Twigley said:
Alcibiades said:
It makes players not want the flag unless they are already fully teched and have loads of troops and a good ally.

Tactics.
And you would need a good ally to keep it at HQ anyway so that pont is redundant.

I agree you need a good ally anyways to defend it. Which leaves the smaller allies at a further disadvantage. I don't particularly like the idea, but neither do i like CTF, so my opinion is probably moot.

JJbrosandjl

Harvester

Twigley said:
Alcibiades said:

Tactics.

I'm personally not one for this idea, i think that atleast this way you have to decide if flag points are worth no income for a bit.

Although, the way you see it, there might be a less "tactical" aspect if this change is implemented. But then again, isn't this entire game about changing for the better? :p This new suggestion would allow players to fight for the flag off the bat (I know they do already, but to a lesser extent in my opinion). Wouldn't that encourage more fierce competition at the start?

Steve_God

Official Helper

As one of Azzers main aims for Age 5 is to improve the alliance play side of the game, I'm going to hold out and wait and see what's in store :p

Satureum

Pruner

Well, another thing...

If it were at HQ it'd be too easy for a larger Alliance to defend it. As your troops stay at HQ.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

oh noes, no land and we still have the flag and all our troops...

land raping them wouldnt achieve much tbh :p

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

in a world like this with no land you'd be chuffed. coz you wouldnt be able to rebuild once your dead...and people would outgrow you anf pwn you.