some competision.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
cid however went SQ solo himself

How is going solo scorequeening? If he wanted to scorequeen he'd be better off staying in rank 1, since surely the rank 1 alliance would kill him as soon as he went solo. Or am I missing something?

he lost land to an attack by dRQ and quit Apha because of it :p

The irony of rage quitting because of being attacked by Rage Quit. Delicious.

Then the irony of 40-50% of dRQ RQ'ing because of bum-pummelling early-round.
You can't win 'em all.
Cid leaving Apha was lols.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Rofl - And people wonder why nobody sticks around to play this game?
Yonder my incoming screen, are incomings from four alliances, mass training nearly half of our alliance - Including Aphallatosis members. Shocking. My assumption is you are all too lazy to attack one another? I dunno - I don't keep tabs on this game anymore.
An inactive fun alliance gets bashed by 4 higher and contactable/active alliances. For shame.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yonder my incoming screen, are incomings from four alliances, mass training nearly half of our alliance - Including Aphallatosis members. Shocking. My assumption is you are all too lazy to attack one another? I dunno - I don't keep tabs on this game anymore.
An inactive fun alliance gets bashed by 4 higher and contactable/active alliances. For shame.

strange, we only get bot incoming :D

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

strange, we only get bot incoming :D

Roflol. Eh, I'm done with this game now anyways, but that doesn't mean I can't point out how incredibly lame you all are for doing that.
The obvious reply is "oh it's the game, deal with it". But it's the playerbase, not the game. A playerbase makes a game good or complete crap, ultimately.
You can't fix a game with people that don't mind ruining other people's fun for their gain - There are little enough players as it is - Man up and play this game properly, for crying out loud.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
From: S2S member on alliance politics [PR0], 28th Oct, 13:47:19 Delete Edit Quote
dRage is being hit by two other allies atm, might not be the best idea to add a 3rd... But thats just my opinion.

I, of all people, have tried to instill honourable play this round to my alliance.
it's unfortunate that you are the ones at the bottom of everyones range at the top.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I didn't say absolutely everyone is to blame - But in the situation this game is in, you would think people that enjoy this game would do their best to keep it going. But you also know as well as I do how badly R30 damaged the playerbase too, Twigley.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I don't think it was the reason the playerbase died at all.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

certainly not the sole reason correct, but it did lead to a fair few people quitting

the writing was already on the wall far before then though

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

certainly not the sole reason correct, but it did lead to a fair few people quitting

And I did say that in my post as well. There's no rejuvenation in the playerbase, no new blood, no real advertisement, no real changes made by the creator, and the playerbase has this foul code of conduct that by "well if everyone else is doing it, we should do it too". It's so boring. No one tries to do anything risky anymore, or go against the masses (like Tob did in FunkyTown by not partaking in any groups for Resistance or whatever).
Even when I was mostly solo in the latter golden days of Bushtarion playerbase, I still got to see things like GloPols, and the forum posts, and the IRC chatter in the first round I was allied. Alot of that has just gone dead in the water, and it's such a shame really.

Last edited:

Angela

Harvester

And I did say that in my post as well. There's no rejuvenation in the playerbase, no new blood, no real advertisement, no real changes made by the creator, and the playerbase has this foul code of conduct that by "well if everyone else is doing it, we should do it too". It's so boring. No one tries to do anything risky anymore, or go against the masses (like Tob did in FunkyTown by not partaking in any groups for Resistance or whatever).
Even when I was mostly solo in the latter golden days of Bushtarion playerbase, I still got to see things like GloPols, and the forum posts, and the IRC chatter in the first round I was allied. Alot of that has just gone dead in the water, and it's such a shame really.

I agree with most what Dax is saying (i know dax a first for everything :p) but im not sure getting rid of glopols was a bad thing.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Well i agree with everything he said after his comment about round 30.

They are the real reasons the playerbase numbers died out.
And because the numbers dwindle, the game mechanics suffered as a result to compensate new styles of play rather than adressing the core problem which is lack of players.

Edit: I also find it a shame that alliance stories are no longer written or the forum politics section is used for nothing but flaming others.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
From: S2S member on alliance politics [PR0], 28th Oct, 13:47:19 Delete Edit Quote
dRage is being hit by two other allies atm, might not be the best idea to add a 3rd... But thats just my opinion.

I, of all people, have tried to instill honourable play this round to my alliance.
it's unfortunate that you are the ones at the bottom of everyones range at the top.

What a great way to discourage people from taking advantage. "HEY GUYS THIS ALLIANCE IS GETTING RAPED SO THERE IS FREE LAND AND SHIZZLE BUT I DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD ATTACK THEM".

Nice one.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Except you've got it totally the wrong way round and just made an ass of yourself.

Drage got the incs from 2/3 allies then some of our members sent. So he put that message afterwards to tell them they should recall, not send and nobody else should either.

Nice one.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
At the end of the day, I am only pointing out the sheer madness this game has gotten down to - An inactive alliance teaching a few players how to play (trying to insert new blood that is pretty much totally absent) without enforcing a contactability ideal, and are just trying to have fun.
13 players organised over 1 player 40% of their size and below on 3/4 players? You bunch of morons.