• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

SO Route

Ezekiel

Harvester
Uhm, i don't know if anyone else sort of feels like this, but I feel the SO, at least the SA route, is a little weak for how expensive it is. I just think that for someone that isn't online 24/7, and can only give 3-4 hours a day tops, it's really hard to get anyway at a decent pace. The developments are expensive, and it takes so long to get to ninja's, which by that time are pretty crap in comparison to other units on other routes. I find i spend so much time of my funds trying to re-buy units just to keep the little land i have, that saving up is a struggle.

I know a lot of it is to do with that it's a harder route to play, and i'm not as good as other people that play the same route, but I just think that even taking that into account, it still feels a little unbalanced.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Instead of whining why not ask directly for tips? It's quite obvious that it is *YOU* who is doing something wrong and not the route being underpowered.

Turnip2k

Harvester
Don't mind foxx, he tends to be a bit blunt sometimes, although he does make a fair point.

The SO route is extremely powerful, and is probably overpowered right now if anything. SGT enable you to hold large amounts of land early on - easily enough to save for ninjas. You get the ability to bribe, and early firing, powerful units.

You have the option to beat many many targets (RPG's, extremeists (on ALL ticks, even close), apaches and thugs). SA's are a very good counter to TL's, which are very prevelant this round, and are beating the crap out of almost everything in sight by the looks of it.

If you need advice or help, ask, before you begin to complain that the route is terrible or people like foxx will reply, without much diplomacy :)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not to mention the huge advantage you have with stealth units, and the mayhem you can cause with some clevery trickery when attacking an alliance (make it difficult for them to detect where your real intended target is until too late!).

Ezekiel

Harvester
I don't think I could of whined any less? I didn't 'OMFG THIS RUTE SUX UR ALL GAY', my point was that yes, i'm not that great at the game, and so what, that should mean one of the route's in inaccessible to me?

Turnip, yeah i see that, I just ment actually getting to the SA part, seems to have taken me forever, and i don't see what I could of done better. I got stuck in a viscous cycle of spending all my money re-buying the troops that got pwned over and over again when i wasn't online.

I wasn't trying to say the route was broken, I was trying to say maybe making it a little cheaper or something may make it easier to play earlier on if you aren't like f0xx who defines himself by being a bush pr0.

Tombi

Harvester
I don't think I could of whined any less? I didn't 'OMFG THIS RUTE SUX UR ALL GAY', my point was that yes, i'm not that great at the game, and so what, that should mean one of the route's in inaccessible to me?

Turnip, yeah i see that, I just ment actually getting to the SA part, seems to have taken me forever, and i don't see what I could of done better. I got stuck in a viscous cycle of spending all my money re-buying the troops that got pwned over and over again when i wasn't online.

I wasn't trying to say the route was broken, I was trying to say maybe making it a little cheaper or something may make it easier to play earlier on if you aren't like f0xx who defines himself by being a bush pr0.

If you think that route is expensive try being a Robo! Yes it will take a few days to save up for each development...but a fair few developments that are pivotal to that specific routes success take longer and are more expensive so :p and yes they may suck against certain routes and seem over-priced for what they do But the things they are meant to do (Kill health units and clear out flak) they do very well, if you want a better all rounder try Strikers next round ;)

Ezekiel

Harvester

If you think that route is expensive try being a Robo! Yes it will take a few days to save up for each development...but a fair few developments that are pivotal to that specific routes success take longer and are more expensive so :p and yes they may suck against certain routes and seem over-priced for what they do But the things they are meant to do (Kill health units and clear out flak) they do very well, if you want a better all rounder try Strikers next round ;)

ty you very much for the advice. i enjoy the sa route a lot, but you maybe right. tbh i probably won't even next round play, the gap between good players and ok players has grown so much since i last played, i dont really have the time to dedicate anyway. ty you though.

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Don't give up :)

You can still compete in the lower ranks, once the top ally runs away with the round then you can go knock off everyone else while the top are too big to hit you!

Also I've found it helpful when I start late to join a good ally, as they can protect your land so you can dev. Or if you can't find a good ally, take advantage of AR. SO route is really great at holding land at lower ranks. If you keep dying, then your AR will go up to 90%, take advantage of that, get land fat, let a few troops die to raise Ar, give up a tick of land here and there when online to raise your AR. etc.

It's completely possible, you just have to play smart when online so you don't die when you are offline.

Khris

Pruner
as wacky said, an ally always helps..

but the biggest thing is experience. You can not expect to play a route one or two times and have it mastered. Alot of the good players... are good because they have played every route against every route... experience and experimenting with different strategies is the best way to get the feel for any route. Just keep on trucking, it will get easier before it gets harder!

john

Harvester
you say you get pwnd over and over again. surely your AR mod must be pretty high, so why not just stick with sgt and yobs until you have enough to develop better units? SO route is def not under powered, you just have to know how to play it. SGT are very cheap and disable extremely well, and with some yobs to sweep it would be very hard to flak past you.

just my opinion. i love SA :)

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Harvester
See I would agree with you on everything, but I tried staying low and jsut whoring gas traps, but something weird was happening. Ignoring the insane amount of petrols that picked on me, the game mechanics don't seem to have been working on my side. People, say, 2x my score were attacking me, with all but flak basically, and the sgt were wild in their ratios. One BR, 1.4 mil would disable 12 million people, next BR, 5 mil wouldnt stop 15 mill landing on me. Was really odd. And both were basically all INN (i think one guy had political bribers).

Also, you guys are alot nicer than I thought you'd be considering i'm clearly just inexperienced. Just FYI, I did play for the first 16 or so round, before joining in the last week or so of the last round.

Thinking about it as well, maybe I should change my suggestion to address the multiplier. I think THAT'S what's made is really hard for a casual SO player to tech up in the beginning.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
There are some specific mechanics to sleeping gas traps which experienced players use in their advantage to land on people with many gas traps. I would suggest combining the force of your gas traps with some spiked traps and most importantly you need A LOT of yobs.

Ezekiel

Harvester
There are some specific mechanics to sleeping gas traps which experienced players use in their advantage to land on people with many gas traps. I would suggest combining the force of your gas traps with some spiked traps and most importantly you need A LOT of yobs.

Ok, i'll get stock up on yobs, but I don't have Spikes, I got stealth g's instead. Wanted to try out this 100% stealth mob thing.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Always worth layering your defenses against INN's specifically. Make sure you've got a handful of units firing at INN's to help sweep up the geos and wheelies that sneak their way through. Those that rely on just 1 single unit and don't have anything else often suffer for it!

Ezekiel

Harvester
Always worth layering your defenses against INN's specifically. Make sure you've got a handful of units firing at INN's to help sweep up the geos and wheelies that sneak their way through. Those that rely on just 1 single unit and don't have anything else often suffer for it!

Duly noted lol.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Yeah, get a few sleepies with yobs to flak, then you will stop more land hits

But you cant keep spending too much money on troops, or you will take too long to dev, as is happening. You gotta make sure you save a certain amount, your probably better off spending some cash on flak and just getting the land back asap to keep decent money coming.

Btw, i dont know if you are, but save seeds, not funds. By saving seeds you will maintain a lower score than if you planted, that way you will be out of more peoples range, and other people cant be bothered attacking at +2 mods cause that takes too long.

Oh, and try not too get too much land, or you just make yourself a tasty target ;)