• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

rts

rooney

Head Gardener
after a discussion in #bush...

bushtarion based RTS game. like C&C but with cybernetice warriors :evil:

i want it!!! although i have no idea if azzer is capable of making one or has the funds to get someone to make it for him. but still thought i should post it!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Re: rts

yeah what happened to the other game azzer was making? (going a LITTLE bit of topic i know...but its not worth a whole other thread)

rooney

Head Gardener

saint1d said:
RTS?
C&C?

real time strategy
command and conquer

and mattheus - he was suggesting selling bushtarion in shops (the same game were playing now), not making a video game based on bushtarion.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Do you even have any idea what are you talking about rooney? :p

You sound like a 6 year old kiddie saying that he wants to be president one day without knowing what it takes to be one...

Mattheus

Head Gardener

rooney said:
and mattheus - he was suggesting selling bushtarion in shops (the same game were playing now), not making a video game based on bushtarion.

Well then you're being even more unrealistic then Fortune. Read the responses in that thread?
f0xx is correct, do you have any idea how much resources and manpower it takes to make something like that? No offense to Azzer here, but when he has to ask his own playerbase for front page graphics, what makes you think he'd be able to make a whole video game? (Many orders of magnitude harder and time consuming then a PHP browser-based game)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

i still think it'd be great fun. I'm sure there are clever people on here who could find an RTS that they could mod with enough time and effort. I'm not saying it'll be worth the time, or the effort, or that azzer should even consider making another game but it'd be great fun. RTS are awesome; and a bush one would be very amusing.

kudos on the imagination rooney.

For the rest of you, lighten up. ;)

Mattheus

Head Gardener

Yes isn't it fun speculating about what someone else can do for you! That way you can completely ignore the effort involved!

PS - Alci telling us to lighten up. The guy who would somehow find a way to write a 2 thousand word reply to a yes or no question :p
PPS - "Imagination"?! Read the first post one more time and say that again with a straight face.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Easyest way = Get starcraft, edit the unit names to be same as bush. Voila :p
Harder way = Get starcraft, find modding tools and edit the unit look so they look like bush units :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

DarkSider said:
Easyest way = Get starcraft, edit the unit names to be same as bush. Voila :p
Harder way = Get starcraft, find modding tools and edit the unit look so they look like bush units :p

DarkSider wins; the rest of you fail.

Edit: Short enough for you Mattheus?

Mattheus

Head Gardener

Right, so we're down from making/paying someone to make a game down to modding an existing one. OK
And I wouldn't really call what DS described a bushtarion video game Alci. That's Starcraft with a few minor details changed :p

I very much doubt Azzer has the time/money/manpower to make an attempt at this, hell the front page graphics seem to be mission enough at the moment. It would have to be up to anyone else who wants to put their own time and effort in. Fancy trying Alci?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Mattheus said:
Right, so we're down from making/paying someone to make a game down to modding an existing one. OK
And I wouldn't really call what DS described a bushtarion video game Alci. That's Starcraft with a few minor details changed :p

That's exactly what my original post said.

Mattheus said:
I very much doubt Azzer has the time/money/manpower to make an attempt at this, hell the front page graphics seem to be mission enough at the moment. It would have to be up to anyone else who wants to put their own time and effort in. Fancy trying Alci?

In bold: Something I happen to agree with, both in my original post and in the discussion about the front page graphics.

I also said it would have to be someone else as i don't think it's smart or even remotely sensible for Azzer to make another game, especially an RTS while this one is still active. I think you all got a bit shirty with rooney. i was just saying a bushtarion modded RTS would be cool. Do you have a particular argument against that; or did you find it entertaining to troll and flame me? Sheesh...

My apologies for a lengthy post but as my earlier one wasn't read carefully, or even quoted accurately I felt it necessary to repost my original opinion.

Mattheus

Head Gardener

It may be trolling and flaming, I may need to lighten up, or maybe I'm just being realistic?

Ofc I agree that a bushtarion game would be cool, I don't see how anyone wouldn't. That's not really the point.

But if suggestions are all about idle speculation on the awesome things we could possibly maybe accomplish if enough people had the time or the inclination then we may as well just rename the suggestions forum to the carebear forum for fluffy hugs and friendship and be done with it.

If I'm not allowed to point out some potential problems without being told to lighten up, and its all about agreeing that something would potentially be cool if it happened then it's not much of a suggestion, it's speculation.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Suggestions, above all, should be realistic.

This one is the most un-realistic I've ever seen :p

rooney

Head Gardener

f0xx said:
Do you even have any idea what are you talking about rooney? :p

You sound like a 6 year old kiddie saying that he wants to be president one day without knowing what it takes to be one...

you are right, i havent got the faintest idea what it would take tbh, so i thought id suggest it because worst case scenario is that i get told it cant happen. not my fault im not a computer programmer type :(

f0xx

Landscape Designer

You don't need to be one to have a rough idea of how much work it is needed to make such a game, especially if you want it to be a quality one.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

SC will never make out good bushtarion game, no matter how much DS loves it. It just doesnt work on same pricibles as some other games which would be much more realistic base on such RTS mod.

For example AoE would make much better base with all its farming stuff for working RTS, I bet there are other games too, was just first to come in to mind without need to scrap basicly whole game to make that mod. Unlike in SC case you would need to. Also some of the recent ones gives option for resolution etc too unlike SC which is from age that no one can even look at it nowdays.

Beasides that this is most stupid idea ever. GET a LIFE!