Round 51 Awards

Elevnos

BANNED
With less than 10 days left and very little left to play for it seems as good a time as any!

* Alliance of the round -
* Best Offensive Alliance -
* Best Defensive Alliance -
* Honourable Mention Alliance -
* Worst Alliance -
* Best Leader -
* Worst Leader -
* Player of the Round - Allied -
* Player of the Round - Solo -
* Best Offensive Player -
* Best Defensive Player -
* Honourable Mention Player -
* Worst Player -
* Best Moment of Round -
* Worst Moment of Round -

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
* Alliance of the round - Ascend Won

* Best Offensive Alliance - SP - fighting them for weeks, it was draining to say the least

* Best Defensive Alliance - SP - fighting them for weeks, it was draining to say the least

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Ascend - you guys played the best round in the end

* Worst Alliance - N/A

* Best Leader - N/A

* Worst Leader - Garrett - always moaning like a *****

* Player of the Round - Allied - You guys in BW who always turned up to defend and attack

* Player of the Round - Solo - Did the solo's do anything this round?

* Best Offensive Player - Timmiejj

* Best Defensive Player - Timmiejj / PI / Macky / Icy / LS / Reaper - complete soldiers for us all round from start to finish

* Honourable Mention Player - Josse, shame you had to leave us

* Worst Player - Dax, shouts about what others should do but contributes naff all to the game or playerbase (apart from teaching us all that marines kill NLD...)

* Best Moment of Round - Hitting SP into sleep after weeks of fighting

* Worst Moment of Round - People not recalling from Ascend and managing to wipe out all our Sa's, we were done at that point

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
* Alliance of the round - SP doubtless the first ~60%, Asc get it for the final chunk after SP let go.

* Best Offensive Alliance - Scratch this. SP deserve a mention for fighting two alliances on two fronts for most of the round.

* Best Defensive Alliance - SI deserve a big mention here. They dealt with being the 'feeder alliance' practically all round. Kudos, lads - Growing old gracefully.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - SI for the above. Hounds deserve a mention just for continuing to exist.

* Worst Alliance - BW for halting the progression of the round over 'ethics'. Pathetic. You guys shouldn't let your leader blab about ethical conduct in a war game on your behalf, and cost you a shot at the win you could well have had and deserved.

* Best Leader - Er, Alevo deserves some credit here for managing to stay at the helm despite numerous huge trips in the round.

* Worst Leader - This one is obvious from my worst alliance vote.

* Player of the Round - Allied - Difficult, this. Souls deserves a big mention here, as does Alpha for his murderous attitude from the get-go. Full respect Liam - Keeping the shitty Northants flag flying.

* Player of the Round - Solo - Here we go...

Chris'o/ToY: Between them both I'd challenge that we are a near faultless unit. Brilliant attitudes and never let the game get too serious again as we agreed.

Shronock/Jeremiah/Phoenix/Dave: All these played the great solo land game, and succeeded in finding the ideal income/AR balance. You get your kudos from me, lads. Always pushing for attacking and generally ruthless attitudes.

* Best Offensive Player - Alpha. What's that, damage done & serial killer? Ooh.

* Best Defensive Player - Chris'o was staunch defence as always. Defensively otherwise Garrett gets this for simply not dying.

* Honourable Mention Player - LS_ for being an awesome homie and helping vs the multi with me despite the stupid crap with BW. Proving that some do want to do something constructive within this game.

Twiglet for giving me a lulsy round start and some others scattered lols. Too bad you couldn't be bothered - Glory could have been tasty.

* Worst Player - Anyone with hordes of troops but were too scared to fight the multi to knock them down a peg.

* Best Moment of Round - Killing the Striker multi, and killing Clem in epic style for vengeance on killing Chris.

* Worst Moment of Round - Chris dying in the one time this entire round that at least one of us wasn't refreshing for.

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
* Best Offensive Alliance - Scratch this. SP deserve a mention for fighting two alliances on two fronts for most of the round.

Unless SI were hitting them a lot then this is not true. We only ever hit with BW 2 times near the start of the round and we died horribly both times. After that we hit them until they were out of reach and then moved on to BW. We haven't been able to hit them for around 3 weeks or so now.

Elevnos

BANNED
* Alliance of the round - We won, nobody else really stood out in general alliance goodness!

* Best Offensive Alliance - SP for the first 30% or so of the round.

* Best Defensive Alliance - SP again, though their daytime activity let them down. Plus they gave us an awesome BR which our whole alliance enjoyed :D

* Honourable Mention Alliance - BW, they gave it a go and didn't agree with the use of cheating tactics. Also SI for sticking with it.

* Worst Alliance - N/A

* Best Leader - N/A

* Worst Leader - N/A

* Player of the Round - Allied - Giving this to Nasus (or so he's called in our alliance). Always reliable for defence and attacks, always willing to plan and get online, and extremely knowledgeable about the game. Shame he/she won't tell us his actual nickname xD

* Player of the Round - Solo - I'll just give this to Shronock, always does well!

* Best Offensive Player - Nasus again, tireless rushing and always available for attacks.

* Best Defensive Player - Phantom/Dooboo/Ninja-7. Always on when pranked, never moaned!

* Honourable Mention Player - Everybody else in Ascendancy, it's been an absolute pleasure this round playing with all of these guys! Also Max especially for making our other CG players look bad :p

* Worst Player - No idea!

* Best Moment of Round - Coming back from nothing the second time and eventually overpowering BW then fighting of SP after we killed BW.

* Worst Moment of Round - Doing so well to start with then getting blown back down to Earth as we had a lack of early LETs and especially PBs.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
* Honourable Mention Alliance -*SI for being the whipping boys.
* Worst Alliance - Ascend and BW for having to 2v1 straight off the bat. BW for not resisting. SP for being too scared to do anything then pointlessly dying in 1 br.
* Best Leader - Garrett
* Worst Leader -*Cyrus/Block/Addicted
* Player of the Round - Allied - Goku.
* Player of the Round - Solo - DaX and Toy
* Best Defensive Player -*DaX
* Honourable Mention Player - Thank you DaX and Toy for an enjoyable first half of the round.
* Worst Player - Same as leader.
* Best Moment of Round - Being a solo CG in the top 5 for the first 3/4 days.
* Worst Moment of Round - Joining SPig under the pretense that a resistance would be happening. Literally nothing haopened in the alliance which led to me going inactive for the rest of the round.

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
* Alliance of the round - Ascendancy (voting for yourself kinda sucks)

* Best Offensive Alliance - I don't think anyone particularly did well (Kudos to BW for making the entire of SP hit sleep for 3 days though)

* Best Defensive Alliance - BW and SP you both held us at bay for quite a while when we were attacking you.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - SI, you got battered over and over again and you're still there.

* Worst Alliance - SP (the constant b*tching and moaning, i know it wasn't all of you, but there was a few of you that did)

* Best Leader - Cyrus (being offered the choice to use a spy and turning it down. I don't know how many other people would have actually done that)

* Worst Leader - Addicted (using a spy/planning to use - whichever one it is, it's still completely low)

* Player of the Round - Allied - Nasus (great attacking and in defence and great co-ordinating skills

* Player of the Round - Solo - I didn't see that many solos around, but i know Maickesh was at his usual bribing tactics!

* Best Offensive Player - Nasus (The big SA player who stealth rushed a fair few of you guys in BW and SP)

* Best Defensive Player - Dooobooooo, dogs nuff said!

* Honourable Mention Player - AJ - constant mummy rushes on our POM and then sending thieves one time and getting an epic grab, because he sent out. hahaha. Also to the lads in "The Bush Club" you know who you are and have made this round a lot of fun for me.

* Worst Player - Brandon (no offence dude, but you're a bit of a liability) also Addicted for the reasons above

* Best Moment of Round - Finally making it into a rank 1 alliance

* Worst Moment of Round - Finally getting to be in a rank 1 alliance and realising how boring it actually is when you've won.

Last edited:

LS_

Pruner
* Alliance of the round - Ascendancy - They won. Any of the factors which annoyed me about their victory at the time don't really matter now.

* Best Offensive Alliance - Ascendancy - After they had a "rest" they came in hard, fast, with little lube, repeatedly. It hurt.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Spanish Inquisition - I do not envy you. Most rounds are hard enough but this one has been something else. Respect.

* Worst Alliance - Ascendancy - OK it still annoys me a bit.

* Player of the Round - Solo - DaX as long as the multi's are confirmed as multis.

* Best Offensive Player - Timmiejj. Beast towards the end.

* Best Defensive Player - PI/Reaper. Both solid all round.

* Honourable Mention Player - FeR. Brilliant as always.

* Best Moment of Round - Getting SP to hit sleep after planning several mornings of attacks.

* Worst Moment of Round - Telling everyone we should immediately switch the plan to Asc (based on above) and being shot down. Could have played out very differently had we done so.

Max

Garden Designer
* Alliance of the round - Ascendancy, took an early lead, took a hammering, worked their way back up again from next to nothing.

* Best Offensive Alliance - Spiderpig, without a doubt, these guys took their early round advantage and made the most out of it. It was a small window of opportunity that was seized upon to incredible effect. Very nicely done.

* Best Defensive Alliance - Spanish Inquisition for being in the dreaded uncompetitive 4th position, and yet managing to stick around for the whole round without disbanding. Bravo.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Great to see Hounds make a return to the game, good going Harvey!

* Worst Alliance - Noirat Hsub - I see what you did there but the name is INCREDIBLY grating to read backwards xD

* Best Leader - Cyrus. This chap may have a strange and slightly warped morality to others, but to me he did the difficult and respectable thing this round. Bravo sir.

* Worst Leader - Can't award this because as much as I disliked Addicted's potential use of a spy, he was actually pretty good at mobilising his team in attack and defence.

* Player of the Round - Allied - The two Spiderpig PBs at the round start were absolute monsters, so kudos to them. Later, it Nasus and Dooboo in Asc that really made the win possible. Fantastic effort from the pair of them, yet again.

* Player of the Round - Solo - Shronock was always a challenge to land on, at his height in the round I simply couldn't beat him!

* Best Offensive Player - From Asc, Decap, Gazzy and Spike were a very formidable trio. Timmiejj was the scariest threat late game.

* Best Defensive Player - Arild did very well as a solo. In terms of alliance defence, "God of War and Bloodlust" was a tough nut to crack.

* Honourable Mention Player - I thought that Alevo did a great job of leading Asc in many regards, but in particular his attack planning. I've never seen such an impressive use of colour before. Especially burnt umber.

* Worst Player - The RPG rusher who kept on coming for my bounty. He just ended up feeding me almost 3k acres in land.

* Best Moment of Round - Watching Dooboo send dogs to defend me BEFORE the RPG rusher sent his attack mob. Was hilarious to see such amazing powers of precognition, and then the RPG fail to gain any real bounty in the process. Classic.

* Worst Moment of Round - Agreeing to watch an attack at home, only to be really busy IRL and not watch the spy reports very closely, and then to witness most Asc die to an excellent mobilisation of Spiderpig defence. Made me realise that I'm pretty worthless when it comes to FTW play, even in a dead game.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
* Alliance of the round - Asc,rose from a soul destroying early defeat to prove what we were made of.

* Best Offensive Alliance - SP,only down to the fact most their players were nighttime-causing many sleepless nights. Also at the round start the bell munch who sent PBs a tick behind so when I last ticked inc my gurus die :(

* Best Defensive Alliance - n/a

* Honourable Mention Alliance - BW for not using the spy

* Worst Alliance - SI,no matter how bad it gets don't come on forums crying..you will get no sympathy here.

* Best Leader - Alex-put together a great bunch of players,was very active at round start & some great attacks planned.

* Worst Leader - Alex-didn't kick people who weren't pulling there weight/nubs.Bar taxx & phantom poor recruitment.Inactive 2nd half round.

* Player of the Round - Allied - Seb FTW

* Player of the Round - Solo - Coca cola

* Best Offensive Player - The people with th lands!decap,gazzy,taxx,spike,me,max

* Best Defensive Player - Me,phantom,Alex,dooboo (poms&dogs)

* Honourable Mention Player - Coruba for round start again like a boss

* Worst Player - Sith,oonie-inactive

* Best Moment of Round - Th big BR with SP

* Worst Moment of Round - PBs coming out

Must be the only person who bigs up themselfs LOL someone's got to :)

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
* Alliance of the round - Ascendancy. R1 yo. May have had it relatively a bit easier but that isn't our fault!

* Best Offensive Alliance - Spiderhogs. Fantastic early round use of PB to smash us, stacking PB to follow land grab mobs at 3-tick intervals with large trains, very nice. Meant we couldn't help but lose blockers in turn causing us to haemmorage more land. Also tricksy rushes afterwards.

* Best Defensive Alliance - Boardwalk. Just don't fecking give up, nomatter what BRs have come before, how much they've lost, just do not give you any opportunity if they can help it.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Spanish Inq. simply enduring was impressive enough for you guys. Three active, contactable FTW efforts constantly pounding you, and no quitting/disbanding is a testament to your endurance.

* Worst Alliance - As no-one else has brought it up - the constant piggying of BW - it's a minor gripe, but it really irked me to see you guys sending along when we'd hit others. Other than that I think all allies have something to be proud of this round.

* Best Leader - Cyrus for putting his foot down about unsporting behaviour

* Worst Leader - No idea.

* Player of the Round - Allied - The enigma that is Nasus. An alias disguising a very good player who handled all our night-time planning, and was never wrong. Also the only player in the top 50 with a damage output 5x damage taken. Plus R1 kills whist there were still targets in range. Bossed everything from start to finish.

* Player of the Round - Solo - Dax and his group. Had his own goals, achieved them (mostly), and trying to be a force for good in hitting the multi.

* Best Offensive Player - Spike - always attacking. And Max, ridiculous land. From elsewhere, Souls was a royal pain in the backside!

* Best Defensive Player - Dooboo/Alevo. Guard dogs both, and always alert :D Also Phantom. Being the only PoM sucks balls but you did it with aplomb :). From elsewhere this goes to FeR and whoever player The Wall. Active and wouldn't give in despite them being our only allied targets for the past two weeks!!

* Honourable Mention Player - Gazzy, Decap, Stargazer and Kuro. Always there when you needed them.

* Lovable Liabilities - Sith, Holterman and Brandon. You guys need to watch your attacks!

* Best Moment of Round - The massive BR with Spiderpig.

* Worst Moment of Round - Seeing all our hard work at round start taken away by f******* PB.

Last edited:

Timmiejj

Pruner
* Alliance of the round - Asc, very well played from the point we forced SP into sleep, you got the head start by being less indecisive whether to start massing the other or wait a bit longer followed by some unfortunate troop schmelting accidents on our end(including myself failing to recall my mob:evil:) and it paid off for you guys. well done :roll:

* Best Offensive Alliance - SpiderPig, pretty annoying when you find yourself at war with an ally who's peak activity is when the most of our ally are asleep, capatilized succesfully on many ocassions in round start

* Best Defensive Alliance - Spanish inquisition: been battered all round, never let it come to a point no def is sent at all (from what ive seen) and late round i basicly ignore your IDs in my target list cuz i wont get through (although i did nuke a big striker of yours earlier today :twisted:)

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Cows with Guns, Cows rock

* Worst Alliance - Spiderpig, being way overconfident about winning back the round on their won after they came out of their 3 day sleep mode, couldve been a whole different round :mrgreen:

* Best Leader - Cyrus, keeping the ally together was a tough one this round/Alevo, managing to get nearly your complete ally to start teching geos and intel first like a bunch of solo's and still win the round

* Worst Leader - Dunnow, maybe Addicted for being so overconfident on how his ally was going to take the win

* Player of the Round - Allied - Gazzy and Spiky were a pretty fierce combo all round, just kept coming with those attacks. Cheche, got pulled into the round by FeR with barely any time to actively play the game but still formed one of the pillars in our defensive efforts.

* Player of the Round - Solo - Shronock, good solo player, hard to land on. Maickesh as usual jumping up and down the score list, dead and without troops one day, sitting on 5b score worth of bribed troops the next. Also the combo DaX played in was pretty good, i havent landed on them still...

* Honourable Mention Player - whoever 'Gardeners know the ground rules' is, he/she was the only proper stealther i've seen come by on our incoming screen

* Worst Player - Beastie, Y U SO DISAPPOINT ME WITH NOT PLAY :( stupid bulgarian !

* Best Moment of Round - the round kinda sucked from my point of view

* Worst Moment of Round - Being so busy prankin half of the ally who decided to go afk on our very first mass on Asc in what turned out to be a very short war, that i forgot my own mob and died like a proper noob:$

Losing my rank 1 activity stat due to restarting kinda sucked too :roll::roll:

Gazzy

Head Gardener
* Best / worst alliance

Too many ups and downs to declare anyone the best or worse. Instead I would like to give credit where credit is due:

- We had a gaping hole in our route set up. SP realised that they had 24-36 hours to exploit it, and did so perfectly.
- Boardwalk pulling off textbook rushes on SP to keep their larger member in check.
- SP for hitting 3 day sleep. At first I was like derp? With hindsight it was smart.
- Boardwalk for forcing them into 3 day sleep, despite the initial score gap.
- And massive Kudos to SP during the war with Ascension. We were running on empty, another day or two and you had us.

* Honourable Mention Alliance -

Empire, for still existing!

* Player of the Round - Allied

Nasus for 2 main reasons. i) Kept us alive organising overnight defence. ii) Double checked a lot of my recall choices early in the round, which gave me (and others) the confidence to keep planning later waves. Learned a lot off you bro, kudos.

* Player of the Round - Solo -

Shronock, you rocked the early round. But where's my letter man! You owe me a bottle of wine?!?!?

* Best Offensive Player -

Spike was always leading the charge. Kuro and Decap always had my back on the attack (Bushclub4lyf).
Addicted, Souls, Squirtel and Charmander stood out from SP. FeR, TimmieJJ and Cyrus from BW.

* Best Defensive Player -

Dooboo. Best. Dog. Player. of. all. Time.
Good banter too.

* Honorable Mention Player -

Stargazer. Saved so much land as an early POM. Was sad to see you restart and felt you never got back into the game after that =[
Still one of the most consistently good players.

* Worst Player -

Brandon. Learn to set a freaking alarm man. How many times did you suicide? 5? 6? In a FTW alliance that's just not acceptable.

* Best Moment of Round -

Finally cracking SP after countless days of waves and counter waves.

* Worst Moment of Round -

Max restarting as CGs when I had no targets left, and destroying any chance that I could hold onto R1 till round end. Good to have you back on the team, but you crushed my dreams bro!

Last edited:

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
* Alliance of the round - as always ..whoever won
* Best Offensive Alliance - idk
* Best Defensive Alliance - idk
* Honourable Mention Alliance - any who were honorable ?
* Worst Alliance - I'll obstain
* Best Leader - this round idk
* Worst Leader - most
* Player of the Round - Allied - Gardeners know the ground rules (I know who you are - but most don't, let's keep it that way) always pro in-spite of ever present biting sarcasm and DooBoo defensive powerhouse every round and even better at being congenial and fun to be on same team or opponent even
* Player of the Round - Solo - Clem and Stilli because they are both knowledgeable, fun to exchange messages with, and never bash the little guy. In-spite of not liking him.. Dax. Jesse I would vote for you but your tendency to pi** people off with needless messages makes you more of a liability as a pnap than help
* Best Offensive Player - idk
* Best Defensive Player - idk
* Honourable Mention Player - Me only because I wasn't mentioned in awards :p
* Worst Player - StarGAYzer only a complete DH would intentionally sabotage a fellow alliance member's attack. I only joined that alliance because I was asked by several people several times - I refused multiple times because you were there, but TY for reinforcing why that is so.
* Best Moment of Round - 1) solid confirmation that I will never play FTW again unless Max, Ed, or Podunk is the leader.
* Worst Moment of Round - stooping so low as to join a rank-1 ally after they had already won (albeit 50% were still paranoid that they could lose it) Max not answering my account mail :p

Alpha

Weeder
Best Moment of Round - Goku buying 65m wheelies instead of harriers :p

Yochoko

Head Gardener
Best Moment of Round - Playing again with my big <3s, Signer and Silence, after nearly a year away from the game to form an inactive fail solo triangle! :D Seriously, 'Total friendly incoming mobs' was 0 for a long time. v_v

Worst Moment of Round - Hitting top 5 'Total land had stolen' even when one of the top allies went down and people were farming lands over there. ;_;

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
* Alliance of the round - ascend won. so kudos. they did it after falling, so good for them.

* Best Offensive Alliance - dunno. wasn't paying attention.

* Best Defensive Alliance - not enough active people to have an alliance attack, so didn't get a chance to witness anyone defending vs us. didn't pay attention otherwise. - I will give BIG ups to those in the Inquisition who stuck it out and defended always.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - hounds!

* Instead of Worst, how about Most Distasteful Alliance - BW. Taking a detail that wasn't the point and then yelling it at the top of your lungs until you drowned out everyone else wasn't very sporting nor helpful.

* Best Leader - All leaders seemed to handle themselves ok. No core implosions that I noticed.

* Honourable Mention Player - Flamey kept me going and in bacon sandwiches.

* Worst Player - dunno about worst players, but there definitely were some poor sports.

* Best Moment of Round - Stargazer and Cyrus announcing their imminent nuptials. I'm glad this game is progressive enough to allow these two brave soldiers to come out and let everyone share in their joy.

* Worst Moment of Round - DaX interrupting said moment of joy, telling them how wrong they were! If lovin is wrong, they don't wanna be right!

redlion

Pruner
* Alliance of the round - Ascendancy. For having as many liabilities as you had, I'm honestly surprised you didn't fall to BW/SP. You know which liabilities I'm talking about. Obviously they couldn't all be noobs, or you wouldn't have won, but jeez, when even your own leaders call out some of these guys, that's ****ing sad.

* Best Offensive Alliance - Ascendancy. Seb, Alex - I hear you've adopted some color coding on your attacks. That wouldn't have anything to do with those planning guides I wrote, would it? ;)

* Best Defensive Alliance - Spanish Inquisition. What? I can vote for my own alliance. For having a total of... maybe five actually contactable people, we made life hell for SP and BW trying to land on us. Even Asc had to resort to sharing close ticks to get through on us. We didn't stop them every time obviously, as we really didn't prank anyone, but often enough to make me marvel.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Hounds. Who were you guys? Wish you well and all.

* Worst Alliance - Couldn't say. I didn't like how quickly the rankings settled in the top 50 IDs, and I attribute that to low attack volume from BW/SP and the solos, but honestly I couldn't tell you who was to blame. To be honest, I didn't care for BWs attack MO against us, but that could come down to taste.

* Best Leader - N/A. All.

* Worst Leader - Nobody stood out either way.

* Player of the Round - Allied - Boogie from SI; Gazzy, Seb and Dooboo from Asc.

* Player of the Round - Solo - Dax was hard to come at, he even came at us a few times. Clem and Shronock were also good. The Twerk solo was annoying (read: good) as well.

* Best Offensive Player - Janpe you sly dog you.

* Best Defensive Player - Garrett. Never died. Always put troops ahead of land, and that's what's needed in a PoM. Helps that a certain Dragon was always handy.

* Honourable Mention Player - Flamey. What a G. Share the millions when you make em' bro. Some of us ain't made it yet ;)

* Worst Player - There were a few.

* Best Moment of Round - Finishing with green title ID and alliance.

* Worst Moment of Round - Losing a few players early when SI was still (laughingly) in contention. Sad to see Clem and Nickk go solo.