Restart for a Fair Start

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
As we all know there have been a ton of spies this round. Rather than pointing fingers I would like to take an opportunity to point out that it only takes 10 - 20 minutes to restart before the round begins.

Some allies have amassed over a hundred ids - don't let them win with their crappy tactics and unfair play. Restart for a fair start :)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A novel/entertaining idea to annoy those that have already put effort in to obtaining an ID list.

Although I should point out perhaps the obvious - if your ID has been leaked once, then it's likely because somebody you tell your ID to, or somebody in your alliance, is a spy. And thus no matter how many times you restart - the spy will keep getting your new ID and keep passing it on to whoever!

The real solution would be to find the people you can't trust first, kick their butts, and then to think about restarting for a new "stealthier" ID! Although let's be honest, within the first couple of weeks of a round, most players have told so many others which ID they are through mails, IRC, MSN, and any other medium, that it ultimately makes little difference, and all that really matters is how talented a player you are.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
1) Pm people who had ID set to public.
2) Tell them there was mass bug that enabled you to get all ids.
3) Watch them tell their ally mates and watch them delete one by one.
4) View the id's -> names that deleted.
5) Form a stronger id list.
6) ??????????
7) Profit!

I lol at this. Its uber easy to change ID. I have done it like 10times during this week. And no I wont tell you how to do it. My skills, is my skills.

Really if you cant keep your IDs unknown then you should really start working on your tactics.

I guess this has been going on for many rounds and still you havent learn how to keep your alliance safe.

Yes im very critical to those alliance that have gotten their ids known. REALLY its your damn job to keep em unkown for the start of the round.

And yes you can only blame yourself for this.

Im glad that im solo so I can only blame myself for my mistakes and dont have to care for someone weirdo.

OK.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I lol at this. Its uber easy to change ID. I have done it like 10times during this week. And no I wont tell you how to do it. My skills, is my skills.
Blah
OK.

Unsuccesful troll is unsuccesful.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
i dont really care if my ID becomes known, or my alliance IDs become known. cause thats all i know in this game, both alliances ive been in had their IDs leaked. and ppl can see my profile aswell, so i dont really care

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
To be fair, even if your ID list has been leaked, you pick up other alliance's likely ID lists pretty quickly into flak wars as they hit you ;)

Though of course nothing can really be proven till Spies launch their ugly heads. A few days before they're out though!

Matthew

BANNED

Really if you cant keep your IDs unknown then you should really start working on your tactics.

I guess this has been going on for many rounds and still you havent learn how to keep your alliance safe.

Yes im very critical to those alliance that have gotten their ids known. REALLY its your damn job to keep em unkown for the start of the round.

And yes you can only blame yourself for this.

Im glad that im solo so I can only blame myself for my mistakes and dont have to care for someone weirdo.

OK.

****ing hell this guy even needs to be the best at restarting ID's... Is his penis REALLY that small?

Moderated by Pinpower
Reason: Flame/Troll (he may have a point though ;))

Last edited by a moderator:

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
As we all know there have been a ton of spies this round. Rather than pointing fingers I would like to take an opportunity to point out that it only takes 10 - 20 minutes to restart before the round begins.

Some allies have amassed over a hundred ids - don't let them win with their crappy tactics and unfair play. Restart for a fair start :)

Naturally, you have to purge the ally before you start restarting....

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
A novel/entertaining idea to annoy those that have already put effort in to obtaining an ID list.

Although I should point out perhaps the obvious - if your ID has been leaked once, then it's likely because somebody you tell your ID to, or somebody in your alliance, is a spy. And thus no matter how many times you restart - the spy will keep getting your new ID and keep passing it on to whoever!

The real solution would be to find the people you can't trust first, kick their butts, and then to think about restarting for a new "stealthier" ID! Although let's be honest, within the first couple of weeks of a round, most players have told so many others which ID they are through mails, IRC, MSN, and any other medium, that it ultimately makes little difference, and all that really matters is how talented a player you are.
I have no ID this round. But I have to say that spying is way too easy with current system and its 10 min delete option. How bout if player joins alliance after making account he gets certain cool down for deleting too. If you just made mistake to your name and want to remake you wont join alliance.

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
48 hrs between deletes. msg a game admin to reset if you f up but only allow this once a round.

Ram

Head Gardener
1) Pm people who had ID set to public.
2) Tell them there was mass bug that enabled you to get all ids.
3) Watch them tell their ally mates and watch them delete one by one.
4) View the id's -> names that deleted.
5) Form a stronger id list.
6) ??????????
7) Profit!

/b/ much?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i disagree go public. balls to the walls. RWAR.

but really if ur ids are leaked in the flak wars. thats when its most damaging. buying troops to defend delaying the techs means you tech slower so when the pbs and more dangerous lethals come out you dont have much to combat it. and you cant just loose all your land all the time else you wont grow quick enough. its at the start your most vunerable to spies.

As soon as you have a bit of land and a few good techs then if ur allaince is good and contactable. it doesnt mater who has your id's you'll be able to amass a good defence because at the round start every one has similar scores. and if ur active the incoming isnt going to be overwhelming. its before those techs that its most damaging.
but if that happens then its really early on in the round so a restart wont matter much (thank you dev multiplier). you lose a week. get a week late start. play the game smart you can come back from that.
ofc no alliance rarely has that 100% dedication. So thats where the theory and reality break down.

To be honest i feel sorry for spies. You join an allie, you have to back stab every one. and the reason your a spie is because your a worse player than the other 20 members that are in the allaince your gathering intel for. how crushing even in a fictional world your a loser.

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
If you cant keep your ids safe for at least the start, you either need to downsize your alliance to trusted members only or learn how to protect yourself against everyone. If you're gonna fight in the masses, you've gotta expect spys. They're the unsung hero of a fair fight. :)

So to sum it up, stop whinging about easily controlable aspects of the game and do something about it.

Ah its good to be back.