• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Remove bounty cap if attack is honourable

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I attacked at 65%. I know, shame on me.

Two people defended my target (SO target, POM and dragon defenders). The total combined value of defenders is now about 286% of me. They didnt send everything, but needless to say, im now not taking on 65% of me. Of course, i didnt know they hadnt sent everything, and cant see what the SO has.

Still, I know i have no hope of landing, especially with all those WK to rape my CG. However, i stay for the BR because thats how i roll.

Over three ticks i get 117 fame and 110 honour. I take 38b damage and deal 72.5b damage.

I get 1.67% bounty. Now that's just lame.

Of course, 3.33% bounty is not going to make much difference to my value or net losses, but its the principle. I was attacking honourably. I could have recalled to save myself losses, heck i even thought i would lose (just goes to show how epic shields are) but i stayed on three players, by myself. Obviously the attack was honourable, but my bounty was still capped. And I have the title 'repsectable'. This should not be case. If an attack is honorable, then bounty should not be capped.

tl;dr
If the attack is honourable, bounty should not be capped.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
half bounty for defenders, + killing some NLDs rather than lethals, which give less bounty, on a target with 5% bounty

looks like you got exactly as much as you should've done for hitting honourably

timtadams

Landscape Designer
ahh yes, i knew you got reduced bounty for defenders, just forgot the details.

I guess this slightly changes the suggestion. So that would be you get full bounty for killing defenders.

The whole concept of 'you didnt attack that person directly, therefore you dont get full bounty' seems silly to me. I dont understand the purpose of this penalty. Maybe there is a good reason for it, but I still think you should get full bounty for defenders.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
hmm, I would have to disagree on basic principal.. if your not attacking the person, why should you get any bounty for them at all? :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer
hmm, I would have to disagree on basic principal.. if your not attacking the person, why should you get any bounty for them at all? :p

because you killed them? Its not like they surprised you anyway. You see them in the spy report, you know they are there. You go into battle expecting to fight them.

Its like going to Burger King and Osama pulls in in front of you. 'Oh sorry, but because you didnt go to the Middle East to find Osama, we are going to cut your paycheck in half'.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I think if you're fighting a defender with a red title you should get the bounty. If you're just fighting a regular defender then I don't think you should be getting extra bounty since I think it would be far too easily abused, especially for routes with heavy hitting, hard dying units like strikers or shields. Since then you can stay against lots of little enemies and still make money, potentially even a profit. In it's current incarnation I would say no to your idea.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
ahh yes, i knew you got reduced bounty for defenders, just forgot the details.

I guess this slightly changes the suggestion. So that would be you get full bounty for killing defenders.

The whole concept of 'you didnt attack that person directly, therefore you dont get full bounty' seems silly to me. I dont understand the purpose of this penalty. Maybe there is a good reason for it, but I still think you should get full bounty for defenders.

it would make more sense as mentioned if you didnt get the targets bounty on all defenders. but thier own individual bounties. but that isnt as encoraging to stay against as if you at least get something. else the target could send out and you could die gaining next to no bounty...hence the 50%

also couldnt you argue therfore if you attack a solo and his naps defend the AR should calculate on the score of the total defence x mod. If you are counting defenive mobs as being part of the targets army, and treating therm in the same way.

simply put. 50% of the target is just to encourage fighting. it should not be raised if anything it should be equal to the bounty on the defender themselves for any troops of thiers you kill if it was to be a fair system.